Princess/P&O Captains Circle...I'm confused.

Stuartm

Obviously I got the wrong end of the stick. I am 3 days short of Platinum and decided that a 3 day cruise with P&O would qualify me for the next tier.

Luckily I mentioned this to my agent just as I was about to make the payment and she told me that this was no longer the case.

On my "My Princess" page under my cruise history it lists my Princess cruises past and future and also the P&O Aust booking...it looks as if it is included towards my days sailed but when I rang Princess and spoke to a representative, she said it won't count towards my Capt. Circle. I told her that I thought it was quite misleading. She said that they are the same company, that's why both are shown so naturally I said, ok, they are the same company so I should get the credits. She said that wasn't how it worked.

I will just embrace my Gold card for the last time on my New Year cruise!

cheers

Stu

Obviously I got the wrong end of the stick. I am 3 days short of Platinum and decided that a 3 day cruise with P&O would qualify me for the next tier.

Luckily I mentioned this to my agent just as I was about to make the payment and she told me that this was no longer the case.

On my "My Princess" page under my cruise history it lists my Princess cruises past and future and also the P&O Aust booking...it looks as if it is included towards my days sailed but when I rang Princess and spoke to a representative, she said it won't count towards my Capt. Circle. I told her that I thought it was quite misleading. She said that they are the same company, that's why both are shown so naturally I said, ok, they are the same company so I should get the credits. She said that wasn't how it worked.

cheers

Stu

I am confused too :confused:.... since when has this policy changed? Our P & O cruises have been counted towards our Capt Circle status. I think they are both wrong. Did you keep the 3 day booking? If you did your status will automatically change in your "My Princess" page and it will be showing Platinum.

P&O UK still count towards Princess status but Princess doesn't count towards P&O UK. HAL is also part of the Carnival group but these cruises don't count towards either of the above or at least that is what I am led to believe. :confused:

I actually didn't think P&O Aus counted towards Princess but I'm no expert so don't take my word for it. ;) I'm sure there are plenty of cc members who could straighten it out.

If you go to ,or open a My Princess account ,on the Princess web site , this information is at the bottom of the page.

*Your Total Princess Cruises and Total Princess Cruise Days may include cruises taken while sailing with P&O Australia or P&O UK. Please refer to your Membership Guide or contact the Circle Desk if you have questions regarding the qualifications of previous cruises. For World Cruises, please contact 1-800-PRINCESS (1-800-774-6237).

Stuartm

Hi

(sailed with you on the Diamond Princess to Asia 2011)

Just looked up my "Princess" profile as we did a P & O cruise in June/July and it is both listed and incorporated in the total days cruised.

I understood, like you, that the P&O cruise days were included towards the higher status level.

While it may be a recent change of policy, I would ask the question again with Princess.

Cheers and happy sailing

Rose

Hi Stuart

We did 2 P & O cruises earlier this year (short 2 & 3 dayers) & they all counted towards our Princess Captains circle.

Also did a few 2 dayers on the Dawn & Sun Princess too

The reason was to get to Elite before our 49 dayer to Sth America on the Grand Princess in Jan 2013. :)

Cheers

Tanya

Edited by stki

Additionally, for information of those affected, P&O UK days are credited to your Princess Captains Circle account. Our 49 days on Arcadia, Sydney to Southampton in March/April this year were credited to our Circle Account.

Just love that complimentary laundry service on Princess, LOL.

Edited by NSWP

Additionally, for information of those affected, P&O UK days are credited to your Princess Captains Circle account. Our 49 days on Arcadia, Sydney to Southampton in March/April this year were credited to our Circle Account.

Just love that complimentary laundry service on Princess, LOL.

Yes, I agree..... our days on P & O UK are credited too :D And... yes the complimentary laundry service is wonderful!

I think the rules must have changed quite recently. My agent rang P&O and she was told that cruises with them didn't count towards Princess loyalty credits. I then rang Princess and the girl I spoke to was emphatic that I would not be credited with days sailed. She said the only advantage was that you could get past passenger prices but that was it.

So my question is still, why does my P&O booking show on my "My Princess" page?

I would love to think that both the person at P&O got it wrong and the girl I spoke to at Princess got it wrong....but I'm afraid I'll find that is not the case. I will ring again on Monday morning but I'm not holding out any hope.

My booking on the Pacific Pearl in December is on hold with my TA till Monday so it hasn't been cancelled...............yet!

cheers

Stu

I think the rules must have changed quite recently. My agent rang P&O and she was told that cruises with them didn't count towards Princess loyalty credits. I then rang Princess and the girl I spoke to was emphatic that I would not be credited with days sailed. She said the only advantage was that you could get past passenger prices but that was it.

So my question is still, why does my P&O booking show on my "My Princess" page?

I would love to think that both the person at P&O got it wrong and the girl I spoke to at Princess got it wrong....but I'm afraid I'll find that is not the case. I will ring again on Monday morning but I'm not holding out any hope.

My booking on the Pacific Pearl in December is on hold with my TA till Monday so it hasn't been cancelled...............yet!

cheers

Stu[/QUOAT)

All my P&O Australia cruises showed up on my Carnival USA login as sailed days but I was still classed as a new cruiser to Carnival USA when booking and was allowed no past cruiser benefits.

All the same parent company but perhaps the Princess to P&O Australia rules have changed since Carnival is also now in Australia?

I didnt understand why my P&O Australia days were shown on Carnival USA without benefit and the USA Carnival call centre couldnt really explain it?

Den

I just got off P&O Pacific Jewel. My 16 nights have definitely been added to my Princess cruise days and cruise credits.

So unless it's changed in the last 2 weeks.......Same old.....call centres know nada :p

Edited by Debsta

I just got off P&O Pacific Jewel. My 16 nights have definitely been added to my Princess cruise days and cruise credits.

So unless it's changed in the last 2 weeks.......Same old.....call centres know nada :p

How many cruise credits did you get for travelling solo? And how was your cruise?

Edited by icat2000

I hope it hasnt changed and if it has there would have been an announcement.

The points used to be always shared between P&O and Princess because as many are aware P&O were the owners of Princess and P&O Australia prior to the Carnival merger. Now when P&O changed to Penunsula Club they no longer recognise Princess loyalty. As far as I am aware Princess still recognise P&O and P&O Australia.

Very strange if they changed the rules again so soon. Last Feb we cruised with Princess for the first time. In the personaliser and on boarding, I was given a Platinum card and all the perks that go with it. DH was given a gold card as he hasn't done as many cruises as I have. (He is now Platinum too). The Circle Club lady told us Princess had changed the rules in January this year.

How many cruise credits did you get for travelling solo? And how was your cruise?

When you sail solo on Princess you get double cruise nights/double cruise credits but when you sail P&O solo they only credit one cruise credit/regular nights across to Princess.....otherwise I'd be Elite now :p I'm this [1 cruise] close :D

I'm working on my cruise review and videos - pretty time consuming and I'm trying not to be too negative of the ship but..........:p :D the itinerary was great!

When you sail solo on Princess you get double cruise nights/double cruise credits but when you sail P&O solo they only credit one cruise credit/regular nights across to Princess.....otherwise I'd be Elite now :p I'm this [1 cruise] close :D

I'm working on my cruise review and videos - pretty time consuming and I'm trying not to be too negative of the ship but..........:p :D the itinerary was great!

I look forward to reading it. I take by you putting Norfolk Island in capitals that you actually got to tender there.

I look forward to reading it. I take by you putting Norfolk Island in capitals that you actually got to tender there.

Sure did! :D Of the eight cruises that have attempted it, we were the third. The Norfolkians were very HAPPY :D

Debsta, I hope you are right. When I call Princess tomorrow to continue my conversation about whether my three day cruise on the Pearl in a month will be counted towards my Princess days sailed, I will tell them that I have a friend (that's you by the way. How do you do, my name's Stuart) that stepped of the Jewel two weeks ago and was credited with 16 days.

I was/am sailing solo on the Pearl but I'd be more than happy with just the three days.

I will report back tomorrow. I'm hoping I'll be :D but I may be:(

cheers

Stu

cheers

Stu

As we sailed on the Grand Princess from/to Southampton (Med cruise) and booked through a UK cruise site,we now have two different CC numbers and cards !

Seems Aust and UK have their own data bases and cannot cope with having one number for both Princess outfits ! I asked to get just one card to keep things simple ,but no,I was told.Cannot be done !

Just a thought, but didn't I read somwehere on this board or P&O Australia board where the call ceentre now is in Miami.

I know that with all other Carnival brands the past passenger loyality is not combinable with other companies, however in Australia and UK Princess did still credit P&O Australia and UK with their cruises. So maybe Miami call centre does not realise this!

So I rang Princess this morning and spoke to a rep.

I said "I'm about to pay for a P&O cruise but my TA had just been told by P&O that my 3 nights on the cruise will not count towards my Princess Captains Circle program. Is that true?

She said 'Yes, they won't count'

I said 'Well the rules must have changed in the last 2 weeks as I have a friend who just got off the Jewel and her cruise days counted towards her Captains Circle.

She said 'No they didn't'

I said 'Well they are showing on her My Princess page so they obviously did'

She said 'I'll put you through to someone else'

I spoke to a woman from the Loyalty program who told me that of course my cruise on P&O would be added to my Captains Circle program. When I told her that one rep from P&O and two reps from Princess had assured me that they wouldn't she just said that they were wrong.

I suggested that perhaps some re-training was in order!

Anway, bottom line is that nothing has changed, and as someone suggest in a post above.....the people at the call centre probably know nada....

I rang my TA and she asked if I got the name of the woman in the Loyalty programe. I said I didn't so she rang Princess and got her details.

Thanks Debsta for letting me play the "I have a friend..." card, not that you had any choice. If we are ever on the same ship I'll buy you a beverage of your choice. I believe they are serving Black Forest Martinis on the Pearl!:eek: That alone should warn me that I'm in for an interesting time.

cheers

Stu

You do realise Stuart, that if they had of made a mistake and deducted my cruise credits I would have had to fly to Melbourne and kill you LOL :p:p:p:p

Told ya call centres know nothing..............:D

The collective group of dedicated cruisers know more than any call centre worldwide :p

Happy to help!

You do realise Stuart, that if they had of made a mistake and deducted my cruise credits I would have had to fly to Melbourne and kill you LOL :p:p:p:p

Told ya call centres know nothing..............:D

The collective group of dedicated cruisers know more than any call centre worldwide :p

Happy to help!

Dear Debsta,

Rest assured that I would not abuse our nascent and somewhat one sided friendship by divulging any more details about your personal life other than 'my friend'. However, from my recent experience with the Princess call centre I could have given them your full name, passport number and tax file number and they still wouldn't have a clue who you are.

cheers

Stu