Request To Remove Mini Bar Contents

Just wondering why RCCL can't have on their preferences request page a place to mark if you want the Mini Bar stocked or all items removed. On these pages a lot of people spend time waiting in line to get adjustments for items they were charged for but never used. Some have stated they removed everything and stored it in a cabinet and replaced it before disembarking and were charged for it all. A lot of man power hours and frustrated guests could be eliminated if a reuest could be made before sailing.

Don't hold your breath asking them to make a decision that would drop revenue for the small minority of people who have a problem.

In 7 cruises, I have had two problems. One was the items weren't stocked to the full level on day one when we arrived so we were billed for a snack item that was never there, it was taken off with just a phone call on day 2. On cruise 7 my wife had an upset stomach and drank a ginger ale, she said she told me, I didn't hear it and had it taken off. Ooops, I felt bad and even wrote the cruise line and was assured it didn't come out of anyone's pay, but back to emptying it, the fridge is there for the material they provide, they won't keep fridges in the room for your carry on drinks. Just won't happen.

Would you expect a hotel to empty the contents of their mini bars? The safest way to deal with that is to alert your room steward that you may have your own beverages in there or simply contact guest services if there is a mistaken billing. We've had that happen as well and the mistaken charges were removed with a single phone call while on board and without an issue.

Since, technically, you aren't allowed to bring sodas and water....they have no real reason to accomodate you. We never use the fridge at all, but you can request that they empty it, if you need to.

Since you will get ice in your cabin, you can put some in a glass and pour your drink over it....a fridge isn't totally needed to have a cold drink!

We have emptied the fridge ourselves and had the room steward empty it for us (We will buy a bottle of water or two, refill from faucets and chill for next day). Until this last cruise, we never used anything in there. Since the cost was the same, and it was handy, we did drink a few sodas.

The fridge was never restocked. I was not concerned enough to ask during the cruise, but is it supposed to be? Just curious.

Since, technically, you aren't allowed to bring sodas and water....they have no real reason to accomodate you. We never use the fridge at all, but you can request that they empty it, if you need to.

Since you will get ice in your cabin, you can put some in a glass and pour your drink over it....a fridge isn't totally needed to have a cold drink!

We buy the wine package and bottles of "their" water and like to store them along with our ice bucket inside the fridge. Storing the ice bucket inside the fridge really does help to keep the ice from melting.

You now have to REQUEST ice you don't automatically receive it in your cabin.

We buy the wine package and bottles of "their" water and like to store them along with our ice bucket inside the fridge. Storing the ice bucket inside the fridge really does help to keep the ice from melting.

You now have to REQUEST ice you don't automatically receive it in your cabin.

.....and now you can bring two bottles per stateroom of wine on board. Even more reason to use the fridge. And you are correct - ice has to be requested.

Is this true? You aren't allowed to bring sodas and water on board??? I've always done this and read to do this many time on these boards. Nobody ever told me this wasn't allowed. I never had my sodas confiscated either. So, is it true that this is no longer allowed?

Just wondering why RCCL can't have on their preferences request page a place to mark if you want the Mini Bar stocked or all items removed. On these pages a lot of people spend time waiting in line to get adjustments for items they were charged for but never used. Some have stated they removed everything and stored it in a cabinet and replaced it before disembarking and were charged for it all. A lot of man power hours and frustrated guests could be eliminated if a reuest could be made before sailing.

At home you have a stronger will to withstand the temptations :p

The steward gladly removes the fridge items for s.m sometimes we do it and leave a note. We also bring a 6 pack polar bear cooler (soft sided) and the Stewart fills it every day for us. The ice does not melt, so, we are happy since I am the ice queen:o

Archived