POLL: What do you think an all-inclusive package will do to the atmosphere on board?

canuckgal

Our next NCL cruise is a 14 day one. Meaning we'd pay $1,400. plus $215. gratuity, making it $1,615 extra for our drinks.

I don't think so!

Don't care what anyone else does, we'll stick with the wine packages and occasional cocktails at the bars.

Oops sorry not ready to post.

Drunks get loud. But if NCL goes ahead I know a lot of people have interest. So live and let live. That would add to freestyle. Another choice.

So your saying all drunks get loud??? I love to drink while I am on cruises and yes I do get drunk usually, but I am not loud....

So your saying all drunks get loud??? I love to drink while I am on cruises and yes I do get drunk usually, but I am not loud....

Ok, you are right. Some drunks get loud. Louder than usual. Some get sleepy and some hold their liquor just fine Sorry my post sounded to general. I am sure you are a delightful drunk who I would be happy to cruise with. :)

Ok, you are right. Some drunks get loud. Louder than usual. Some get sleepy and some hold their liquor just fine Sorry my post sounded to general. I am sure you are a delightful drunk who I would be happy to cruise with. :)

I just usually get the giggles real bad :D

I think people will drink however much they want either way.

Some might abuse it, but they will be the same ones that get drunk without the package. Maybe Im naive, but that is what I think.

I like to have a few drinks on a cruise, especially since Im not driving anywhere:D But I seriously doubt that I could rack up a 49.00 bar bill each day. So for me, it is not really a deal.

But I dont think it will change the atmosphere on board any. I guess time will tell though.:)

So, I know they are just flirting with the idea of the all-inclusive drink package, but how does it make you feel?

1) I love the idea of the all-inclusive drink package! I will buy it the second I am on board. Bring on the party and forgive me if I put my arm around you in the elevator when I have had a few too many!!

2) I am concerned about it getting rowdy. There is a reason I didn't choose the "party ship" cruise line. I like a peaceful atmosphere and I hope they don't go ahead with it.

3) It doesn't really matter to me and I don't think it will change the atmosphere. Those who are partaking won't bother me.

4) Other?

Share your thoughts.....

Celebriy has all inclusive packages for premium and non-premium drinks including besides alcohol premium cofee, water and juices. It was not rowdy at all. All people who had it enjoyed the packages but it really costly.

I wouldn't benefit us at $100 a day. DH will drink a helmet or so of beer on a sea day and I like a cocktail or two during the evening. Sometimes we share a bottle of wine at dinner but if we were concerned about the price, we'd bring some wine and pay the corkage fee.

We don't pay attention to how much we are spending on drinks but we have never spent $700 on a 7 day cruise. So we probably wouldn't pay for the offer. However, a few years ago when we were younger, it would have been something we would think about.

My perspective on this is about known cost vs unknown cost.

As an example, it is very close for us if we would actually meet the daily spend in the inclusive package. As such I would rather pay the set fee and not have to worry about what the bill is going to be at the end of the cruise. In the same way I like the daily service charge to be paid upfront at booking rather than onboard.

I have been on an AI cruise with Thomson and I was certainly not an obnoxious drunk on that cruise.

That would be almost $100 a day for a couple drinking:eek: If I had 1-3 drinks in a day (3 being very rare) it would not pay. And I agree with previous poster, DH would feel "obligated" to get his money's worth - and I can't have him soused the whole cruise - he would be a bear in the mornings:D

I don't really care one way or another as long as it is an "add-on" option and not a true AI. I do not want to be paying in my base price for those that wish to partake in many adult beverages.

Yes I think people will probably drink more if they have paid for a package than they might normally, but I don't necessarily think it will make for more obnoxious drunks. If someone is going to drink to excess they will most likely do it included or not.

We had a few obnoxious drunks on our last 2 cruises when it wasn't an optional package and I can't say I experienced any more of them when I took land AI vacations. There always have to be a few that drink irresponsibly no matter where you go.

So, I know they are just flirting with the idea of the all-inclusive drink package, but how does it make you feel?

1) I love the idea of the all-inclusive drink package! I will buy it the second I am on board. Bring on the party and forgive me if I put my arm around you in the elevator when I have had a few too many!!

2) I am concerned about it getting rowdy. There is a reason I didn't choose the "party ship" cruise line. I like a peaceful atmosphere and I hope they don't go ahead with it.

3) It doesn't really matter to me and I don't think it will change the atmosphere. Those who are partaking won't bother me.

4) Other?

Share your thoughts.....

My thought .....I would not want to cruise on that ship and would not book it .....why would I want to be on a ship that encourages drunkenness .......

I have been on a ship where drunks went through the buffet line serving themselves with their hands (scooping salads with their hands) ......and puking in the pool.

I think that most people that drink too much do so regardless. Regarding the groping, the good thing is that a drunk man is easier to knock sideways than a sober man, but either can be done when necessary. I can't say that I'm for it or against it, I think I'd really have to see how it goes and form an opinion from there.

I don't really care one way or another as long as it is an "add-on" option and not a true AI. I do not want to be paying in my base price for those that wish to partake in many adult beverages.

Yes I think people will probably drink more if they have paid for a package than they might normally, but I don't necessarily think it will make for more obnoxious drunks. If someone is going to drink to excess they will most likely do it included or not.

This 100% percent. I should have read your post first Che! :D

Regent cruisers are, for the most part, a completely different animal than NCL cruisers. Proper behaviour and decorum are expected and appreciated by Regent clientele.

NCL cruisers tend to want to squeeze every dollar paid and so would drink more because it's "free"'. I have never been on an NCL ship where there were not people over drinking and vomiting in public like college kids. Oh yes, nothing nicer than a man barfing into his empty "beer helmet" ....eeccch.

A real all inclusive at a higher fare price point, not an add on package, would weed out the overindulgers.

Whaaaat?? ROFL Too funny. Where the heck were you? I've not seen this at all. If I had I wouldn't have been back. LOL

For those of you who have asked - 40+ NCL cruises, every ship but Epic, almost every itinerary they offer..... not blowing smoke, speaking from real experience.

Hope that clears up your disbelief and "outrage".

Not "outraged" and wasn't implying that you were lying, I'm just amused as I've not encountered this :) I'll have to go around searching for it next time..nah maybe not! LOL Happy Sailing!

Whaaaat?? ROFL Too funny. Where the heck were you? I've not seen this at all. If I had I wouldn't have been back. LOL

After 5 cruises, I can say that I have never seen this before either. Although we don't go to the bars or the White Hot Party, so maybe we just don't encounter it.

We wouldn't like to see it added to the fare as we are not drinkers at all, and love the pricing on NCL!

4) Other?

Share your thoughts.....

Have had "real life" experience with this as we were on one of the first sailings to offer an alcohol package on Carnival Victory in September. When we received the e-mail offer prior to the trip we were appalled; :eek: as we assummed that 15 drinks per day (the Carnival maximum) would render fellow passengers into obnoxious/semi-dangerous zombies. As it turned out, drink package or no drink package, we noticed ABSOLUTELY no difference in the conduct of cruisers on this trip to any other we have ever taken (on any line). One can only assume that the "drink to excess'ers" have been doing it all along (just saving a few bucks now) and those who exercise more restraint won't loose their power of reason over a couple free (pre-paid) beers!

Archived