Milk

Will be good to get real milk. We usually cruise with Princess and they use long life.......:eek:

Really? On all of my Princess cruises I have been able to get real milk...in cartons in the buffet, in the dining room, from room service. I have NEVER seen long life milk on Princess. They had skim, 2% whole and chocolate.

I buy "ultra-pasturized" milk at home....it lasts about 3 times longer than regularly pasturized milk. It IS "real" milk.....just has less chance of going bad within a given time frame! It still must be refrigerated. It's NOT the kind of milk that can be stored in a cabinet and comes in a box.

When I was on the Liberty of the Seas in February, I could not find 2% or 1% milk anywhere. They always had skim milk. On our next cruise if I can't find 2% milk I will ask someone for it. Something I didn't think of doing the last time for some odd reason.

Seeing as tho u can get flavoured milk at b'fast time, do they also have cartons of fresh plain milk (skim). Thank's

What ship are you asking about?

We were on Rhapsody in Oct/Nov this year and the only milk available was long life Devondale in the small tetra packs.

Did not see any chocolate milk in cartons, just sachets for making hot chocolate.

You can get milkshakes at the coffee shop - Latte-tudes / Ben & Jerrys - you will have to pay of course.

My daughter did order a chocolate milk at the MDR and they made it up for her.

Actually the sachets of hot chocolate were called "Swiss Miss" and they were delicious - they are available at the coffee/tea stations throughout the ship.

On our next cruise if I can't find 2% milk I will ask someone for it. Something I didn't think of doing the last time for some odd reason.

I don't think they have it. I was offered only skim or whole milk. Of course you can make your own by mixing the two together - not perfect but worth a try.

They had boxes for the first 10 days of our 14 night. Then they switched over to the 'shelf' milk.

Yes, do you know why? I know why, pick me pick me! Because the expiry date on the cartons was Nov 13. They pulled them on Nov. 11, I specifically remember that. My guess is they still used the milk but did not want pax to see it. :D

Archived