Check your bookings! I just got a nice upgrade.

I was originally booked in a Allure of the Seas Category C2, Deck 11 Central Park Balcony for a February 17, 2013 sailing but now have a Deck 10, Category D7 Oceanview Balcony for the same price.

I made final payment a few days ago so I did not get the Category D7 price drop of $38, but we now have an oceanview balcony at a great price so it is all good!

I hope lots of folks can take advantage of today's lower prices.

Mapleleafforever, yes, I am looking forward to the ocean breezes, particularly as it will be slap-your-mama cold at home and I'll need to store up some warm weather to cope with the rest of winter.

I was a little confused regarding the title of your thread. I thought you might have been lucky and received a complimentary upgrade, the ones RCCL sometimes awards just prior to sailing, but it appears that your were able to upgrade your accommodations because of a price drop and change your accommodations from a CP an Ocean view balcony for the same price. Is that correct?

Regardless - GREAT and enjoy your new cabin.

Good for you for checking! I’m sure many other passengers are not aware of the price change – nice of you to mention it. Actually – keep checking as you never know what other rates may change.

enjoy

M

We're also habitual "booking checkers" and have been lucky enough to catch price drops on several cruises. Just checked our 5/5/13 FOS after reading your post, and owe you a big thanks - just saved another $120 on a price drop that wasn't there yesterday:)

We are hoping for Allure on April 7th, haven't booked yet, and the price hasn't budged in weeks! I am planning on booking after final payment and keeping my eye on prices. We can't financially book now and commit, hence the delay but I am hopeful. Heck, if I have to do an interior just to be on her that's ok. We sailed in March on Allure last year, balcony and loved it. We didn't book that until mid January!

We're also habitual "booking checkers" and have been lucky enough to catch price drops on several cruises. Just checked our 5/5/13 FOS after reading your post, and owe you a big thanks - just saved another $120 on a price drop that wasn't there yesterday:)

It does pay to be a checker. Have fun with that extra $120!

I too check my booking every day - but for a much more stressful reason: I do NOT want any upgrades. I have cabin 7708 (corner aft) on Independence. It's the largest balcony on the ship (except for some Suites). So, I do NOT want an "upgrade" to any other cabin.

I did select "no upgrades" during my booking, but I have read other posts where people did the same thing, yet still got their cabin changed. It would be a real stresser if they changed my cabin.

I was originally booked in a Allure of the Seas Category C2, Deck 11 Central Park Balcony for a February 17, 2013 sailing but now have a Deck 10, Category D7 Oceanview Balcony for the same price.

I made final payment a few days ago so I did not get the Category D7 price drop of $38, but we now have an oceanview balcony at a great price so it is all good!

I hope lots of folks can take advantage of today's lower prices.

Mapleleafforever, yes, I am looking forward to the ocean breezes, particularly as it will be slap-your-mama cold at home and I'll need to store up some warm weather to cope with the rest of winter.

That's what I was told. No price drop, but you can get a cabin upgrade. In your case, you did. :)

Archived