Portofino a

lov2sun

Not trying to be a downer, but on our Thanksgiving cruise on Freedom, had the first poor experience in 14 cruises at Porto's.

Slow, even poor service and my DH had to send his steak back:eek: first time ever for that. The head waiter made it right by sending him a wonderful filet cooked just right, but it took forever to get resolved and by then, we all just wanted to leave.

The menu has changed too. Not nearly the variety nor quantity of items. It was enough that we both said, not again!

Not trying to be a downer, but on our Thanksgiving cruise on Freedom, had the first poor experience in 14 cruises at Porto's.

Slow, even poor service and my DH had to send his steak back:eek: first time ever for that. The head waiter made it right by sending him a wonderful filet cooked just right, but it took forever to get resolved and by then, we all just wanted to leave.

The menu has changed too. Not nearly the variety nor quantity of items. It was enough that we both said, not again!

I've noticed the menu change too. I suspect that since Portofino is being phased out and replaced by Giovanni's fleetwide, Royal is not that interested in the menu at Portofino anymore.

I've noticed the menu change too. I suspect that since Portofino is being phased out and replaced by Giovanni's fleetwide, Royal is not that interested in the menu at Portofino anymore.

Really? I had not heard about that. When did the menu change?

We had "dinner" at Portofinos on our AOS cruise the end of October. The ship was full of children so we were anticipating a quiet dinner. A sign saying no children under 13 allowed is displayed at the entrance. The restaurant was full of small children. "Dinner" was not terrific...we left before desert. Hope your experience is better than ours.

Is Portofinos open for lunch on sea days? I would pay for another lunch option on itinerary with a lot of sea days.

On our Explorer cruise last December Portofino featured a lunch special on either the last or second to last (or both) sea days. We considered doing it but decided against it. I believe it was $55 per couple and included a drink each, lunch, and some behind the scenes thing. It was just a promotion, however, and I might be grossly under- or over-estimating the price and/or what was included. Just figured I'd throw this out there.

Archived