Please refresh my memory...

BoardwalkBabe

Tap water is pure and free

Bring a Brita water bottle and you will have it filtered. Plus the empty water bottles pass through TSA at the airport and then you don't have to purchase outrageously expensive H2O near the gate.

I plan to give my husband one as part of his Christmas gift (hint,hint!)

Beer has been brought on board by many people.

Princess has not been strict about enforcement of the alcohol policy (water and soda are fine). If it was being strict, you could only bring on one bottle of wine at embarkation and that's it.

Experience of the vast majority (including yours truly) on the forum is that wine and beer can be brought on board. Conversely, the hard stuff is more likely to be held for you until the last day (my first hand experience as well).

You'll have to make your own call as to what you bring.

I think both HAL and Princess are not too strict about the alcohol policy because most of their passengers are not the type who smuggle gallons of liquor in their rum runners, like on some of the other cruise lines. Of all my cruises on HAL and Princess, I have never seen a seriously drunk passenger in public area, thank heavens. I have seen a lot of "happy" people (myself included) but never any obnoxious drunks.

I think both HAL and Princess are not too strict about the alcohol policy because most of their passengers are not the type who smuggle gallons of liquor in their rum runners, like on some of the other cruise lines. Of all my cruises on HAL and Princess, I have never seen a seriously drunk passenger in public area, thank heavens. I have seen a lot of "happy" people (myself included) but never any obnoxious drunks.

Can't speak for HAl but Princess is fairly lenient in regards to bringing wine, soda etc although it can be a bit hit and miss. It really depends on the port and the security at the time of embarkation. They are much stricter during the cruise as to what can or cannot be brought onboard.:D

I brought on a 12 pack of beer yesterday at a distant port with no problem and others were boarding with bottles clinking away going through the scanners with nothing being said.

Like I said, hit and miss, sometimes you can do it and other times they will stop you.:D

Archived