Complimentary Room Upgrade

vincentharris

Got a call from Carnival last night about my cruise today saying if I would like my interior room has been upgraded to an ocean view free of charge. Is Carnival doing this to fulfill oversold interior rooms, or out of the goodness of there heart? I am hoping to know so I know what there angle is.

Just hope that the OV is not in an inferior location to your original cabin. :rolleyes:

I'd want details before accepting their offer.

I don't want to rain on your parade but I have to agree with this.

Make sure it's in a location that you're happy with....as far as position on the ship, whats above/below, and what's nearby.

Otherwise....who cares "why"...as long as you're the one they picked!

I don't want to rain on your parade but I have to agree with this.

Make sure it's in a location that you're happy with....as far as position on the ship, whats above/below, and what's nearby.

Otherwise....who cares "why"...as long as you're the one they picked!

Definetly do not want to end up under the galley.

absolutely I had to pay more due to my cabin for a higher deck, and I do not want this room to be on the riviera deck. I am just going to wait and show up to the platinum room at pre boarding and ask what the deal is

Why don't you know where the OV cabin is? Didn't you ask? Maybe check your Fun Pass to see if it's been updated there.

The shoreside agents at check in won't have any idea why the offer was made. The like reason as has been stated before is probably they have some OV cabins that aren't selling and all the IS are full and would sell easier...

I just remembered that one of the new rate structures doesn't show you your cabin assignment until checkin....I guess you have to wait until you are at the pier to get your luggage tags from the porter....

Got a call from Carnival last night about my cruise today saying if I would like my interior room has been upgraded to an ocean view free of charge. Is Carnival doing this to fulfill oversold interior rooms, or out of the goodness of there heart? I am hoping to know so I know what there angle is.

You are lucky I've been on 30 cruises with CCL and I only got a call once from Carnival about a complementry up grade from an inside cabin to an outside cabin. The anwser to you question is who knows why CCL does up grades you would think the more a person cruises the more it would happen but that is not the case.

Gary

absolutely I had to pay more due to my cabin for a higher deck, and I do not want this room to be on the riviera deck. I am just going to wait and show up to the platinum room at pre boarding and ask what the deal is

oceanview cabins ARE on the Riveria Deck or the Main deck.

although you paid a higher price to be higher on the ship- the oceanview cabins costs more then an inside cabin.

If this is not want you want you do NOT want to wait til preboarding to see if changes can be made.

It's because they oversold the interiors. However, what difference does it make to you? Either you want the free upgrade or not. That is the question.

Carnival gave us an awesome upgrade last year 2 days before sailing, inside to balcony, mid ship and unobstructed.

We got an amazing upgrade last year. From mid-ship regular balcony to aft wrap extended balcony.

OMG, it spoiled us.

If you like the new room location, enjoy!!!

We've been upgraded twice in all of our cruises. One was on Princess from a Deluxe Oceanview to a Superior Ocean View (slightly larger cabin), so not much of an upgrade, but was still a more expensive category than we paid for. However, our best deal was on the Carnival Legend on our 8 day Panama Canal cruise. We had 7 people (3 staterooms) booked as OV GTY. All 3 staterooms were upgraded to obstructed balconies. OK, so the view wasn't the best (we had to look over the top of a lifeboat), but to even get a balcony was awesome. But now, that one upgrade has spoiled us. We're planning our next cruise as we speak, and are getting various rates for balcony cabins. We may just get pricing on an OV and pray to the upgrade gods that we could get bumped to a balcony (though I wouldn't hold my breath for it). Having that balcony is so nice (especially with kids - at least there is an escape zone - put the kids to bed and then go out on the balcony so not having to be super quiet in the cabin). Best of luck!

Archived