Age difference...

Mharvey66

This may seem like a silly question but thanks to a comment by my DS I am now curious.

I am in my mid 40s (female) and have a much younger BF. While we and our families are comfortable with this, my son asked me if I thought that maybe I would make some of the "elder" passangers uncomfortable as the whole older woman/younger man is not the norm.

As this is BF's first cruise I am hoping we wont be the object of weird looks and rude comments ( we have gotten a couple in the past).

Has my DS got me worried needlessly, or am I correct in my assumption the HAL passangers are wonderfull and accepting ? :)

Thanks for all the positive responses. I wouldnt imagine it should be in issue this day and age..but in the small ultra conservative southern town we live in it has been an issue. I shall not give it another thought while on my cruise :)

From 1980 until 1992, my husband was with a woman 20 years older than him. They travelled extensively and never had any problems while travelling. My husband tells me that they only got comments in the city we live in. My husband and his first wife split after 12 years because she left him for someone even younger than he was when then first met. There is absolutely nothing wrong with an age gap.

This may seem like a silly question but thanks to a comment by my DS I am now curious.

I am in my mid 40s (female) and have a much younger BF. While we and our families are comfortable with this, my son asked me if I thought that maybe I would make some of the "elder" passangers uncomfortable as the whole older woman/younger man is not the norm.

As this is BF's first cruise I am hoping we wont be the object of weird looks and rude comments ( we have gotten a couple in the past).

Has my DS got me worried needlessly, or am I correct in my assumption the HAL passangers are wonderfull and accepting ? :)

Listen to your son. Seek advice from people in real life. Stop. What your doing isn't funny.

Personally, I think you and your DS could probably find many more important things to worry about. Its your life, it works for you, so who cares what the "elders" think? If they are uncomfortable with your relationship, that's entirely on them. Let them be uncomfortable. Quite frankly, its none of their business.

Go and enjoy your cruise. Its all good! :)

My husband is 14 years older than I am and I have never noticed anyone staring or heard any comments. I don't think about the age difference myself so if anyone did stare I would wonder if my slip were showing or something. :D

Any "looks" you might get will probably be of envy!
LOL, Yeah. If I were in that situation, I would take great comfort in the "elders" being uncomfortable.

It reminds me of a joke:

Young Johnny was sitting on a park bench busily eating candy bars when an elderly man sat down beside him. The man noticed he had already eaten 6 candy bars and was working on the 7th. He told Johnny, "Son, what is the matter with you, do you realize how unhealthy that is?" Johnny stopped eating and told the man, "Really? You know, my grandfather lived to be 94 years old". The man asked "Did your grandfather live that long by eating 7 candy bars at a time?" Johnny said, "No, he lived that long by minding his own business". :D

Do cruisers actually peep into everyone else's lives and form opinions/make comments about others who don't meet their approved description? Really?

We've spent literally years on ships and cannot say I've ever been exposed to, associated with or been disturbed in any way with such nonsense.

As a valued (long absent) poster here has said, "Unless you are wearing a pineapple on your head.....".

Who cares how old or young you are?

Who cares with whom you are traveling, visiting, whatever........

Unless you do something so outrageous as to attract attention to yourself, I doubt there are any who notice or care.

Not my business and I, personally, have no interest.

Be well. Have a good time.

JMO......

Do cruisers actually peep into everyone else's lives and form opinions/make comments about others who don't meet their approved description? Really?

We've spent literally years on ships and cannot say I've ever been exposed to, associated with or been disturbed in any way with such nonsense.

As a valued (long absent) poster here has said, "Unless you are wearing a pineapple on your head.....".

Who cares how old or young you are?

Who cares with whom you are traveling, visiting, whatever........

Unless you do something so outrageous as to attract attention to yourself, I doubt there are any who notice or care.

Not my business and I, personally, have no interest.

Be well. Have a good time.

JMO......

Yeah what she said....

I'm just sorta curious, if everyone's response here was different, than what has been posted. Would you cancel your cruise?

Archived