Princess Laundry

Shogun

Hi All

Just to be clear it the ships laundry, reason being rash is only on certain areas, Doc confirms reaction to chemical, not the first cruise we have used ships laundry, not had an issue before, I did not have any issues.

yours Shogun

Years ago, I figured out that my daughter is allergic to laundry detergent. Went away when we started using allergen-free detergent for all of our laundry. So even if we ever make it to Elite, if she's with us, we'll still use the self-service laundry and do it ourselves.

Would the ship's laundry use different products on personal clothing than they do for sheets and towels? Were these laundered items or dry cleaned?

Not that I need to know the answers to the above, just throwing out the thoughts to help Shogun narrow down the problem. I too have laundry soap sensitivity (allergic to lemon, of all things) so I have to be careful.

And Shogun, thanks again for your Live from the Crown posts; will be sailing Crown a month from tomorrow!! Hope your DW feels better soon...

Years ago' date=' I figured out that my daughter is allergic to laundry detergent. Went away when we started using allergen-free detergent for all of our laundry. So even if we ever make it to Elite, if she's with us, we'll still use the self-service laundry and do it ourselves.[/quote']

What is involved with using the self serve laundry? Do we need to bring detergent on board? How much does it cost to wash and dry one load?

Thanks

What is involved with using the self serve laundry? Do we need to bring detergent on board? How much does it cost to wash and dry one load?

Thanks

You can buy detergent from the vending machine in the laundry room. It is $2.00 per load, washer and dryer. We found the dryer got all the clothes dry with one cycle. There is also a change machine in there as well.

You can buy detergent from the vending machine in the laundry room. It is $2.00 per load, washer and dryer. We found the dryer got all the clothes dry with one cycle. There is also a change machine in there as well.

The vending machine may or may not have a product you would like to use. We always bring some detergent from home so we are sure it is what we like. If you want to purchase it from the machine, it is $1.25.

We also get our quarters from the Purser's desk instead of relying on the change machine in the laundry room to be working.

Hi All

DW even more un happy now as she has a cold, the joys of flying,

she is blaming the person that sat next to her on way home,

rash still driving her mad with the itch,

yours Shogun

I've felt bad for several years now over a flight from London to LA, I was coming down with a cold that didn't appear until after we were underway. I just wonder how many people I exposed to that cold, never meaning to.

I sympathize with your wife and hope she finds some relief. I use Benedryl lotion for rashes, I have no idea what it would be called in Scotland. Also, calamine lotion relieves the itch.

My daughter reacts to laundry detergent like that, so we use fragrance and dye free products in our laundry. When she was little I used to put her in an oatmeal bath, the product was made by Aveeno, again I have no idea what the product name would be for Scotland. Just a 10 minute soak and her rash would be relieved.

Hi Happy KS

DW has cream and stuff from doctor, odd how only happened on this cruise, and again limited to certain areas so not from the bed linen or towels,

yours Shogun

There have been frequent reports of itchiness resulting from laundered clothes and not from the linen. I would suggest that it is entirely possible that the itchy spots are in areas where the clothes are rubbing (e.g. the elastic around the waist and thigh area, or perhaps the bra line) which towels and sheets would not necessarily do.:D

There have been frequent reports of itchiness resulting from laundered clothes and not from the linen. I would suggest that it is entirely possible that the itchy spots are in areas where the clothes are rubbing (e.g. the elastic around the waist and thigh area, or perhaps the bra line) which towels and sheets would not necessarily do.:D
When DH took the ship tour he reported that the pax laundry area (not the self-serve, the ship's laundry for passenger clothing) is separate and uses different machines than the towels and linens. Perhaps they had a different detergent or a rinse problem.

Archived