Do you have...or would you ever get....

susie8862

So very interesting. Thank you for all of your answers ladies. I too got one when my sister and I both had our last child. We took off all the baby weight...both felt good about ourselves...and on a whim, decided to each get one tattoo.

Although mine has not shifted, changed color, or stretched.....I honestly do regret it. Always find myself saying "what was I thinking"...lol.:o

I don't regret either of my tattoos, I'm actually intrigued by the reactions of people. A lot of people will tell me they are suprised since I don't "seem" like a person who would have a tattoo:confused:. I guess grandmothers can't have tats!:D

Sherri:)

if I had one/2..it would be tiny wheels on my heels...then I can be Hell on wheels!..or Roseanne Barr has a "stocking top" on her upper thigh with the garter clasp holding it up..clever, good area....hide-able . but alas.....but I did se a young gal at the pool, with a Magic Carpet on her "cutie patootie" part..("For a great ride")..so in her golden years, will it become a throw rug??????

OK, I got my first tattoo when I was 40, and my last about 5 years ago at 58.. lol I have a bunch, scattered about this body. I have a forearm tattoo that is two dulcimers my passion. One on upper arm I designed for my mom and dad. A dragon tattoo on my right upper arm that matches my hubbys tat. A flower vine tat on left ankle front and back. A charm bracelet tattoo on right wrist, I also collect charm bracelets. and last but not least a Star Trek comm badge in the appropriate place. The only time they all show is when I'm in a bathing suit. Mostly there covered 24/7. Luckily I picked places that don't sag, or bag.. lol Doesn't matter I love'em.

Oh, I do like the fact, tattoo's are the only Art form you can actually take with you.. lol

OK, I got my first tattoo when I was 40, and my last about 5 years ago at 58.. lol I have a bunch, scattered about this body. I have a forearm tattoo that is two dulcimers my passion. One on upper arm I designed for my mom and dad. A dragon tattoo on my right upper arm that matches my hubbys tat. A flower vine tat on left ankle front and back. A charm bracelet tattoo on right wrist, I also collect charm bracelets. and last but not least a Star Trek comm badge in the appropriate place.

Those are awesome... especially the Star Trek one! I'd better not let my barfleet (as in starfleet bar party group) friends know about that, lol. I have to ask since you also have dulcimers (well I'm assuming the hammer dulcimer as opposed to the mountain dulcimer), are you into Renessaince or the SCA?

I have wanted one for many, many, many years, but alas still ink-free. :rolleyes: Before 3 of my past cruises I have popped into Tattoo shops, but they always tell me that they take longer to heal than the time I have before we set sail...

We're leaving in 36 ish days, I guess Im due for my tattoo shop walk in! lol

:eek::eek:

Someone showed theirs on Explorer of the Seas during Quest. The CD (Richard Spacey) had asked for a tattoo. She just pulled her shirt down and showed him. You should have seen the look on his face as he didn't know it was a tattoo at the time.

I can relate to that. I don't consider my foobs (Fake bOOBS) to be real breasts. They are two bags of silicone that are internal prostheses. My nipples and aerolas are made from belly skin with the color tattooed in. I, therefore, have no modesty issues about them that I had with the original equipment.

I was in a Quest game and planned on doing the same when a tattoo was asked for. My daughter, sister, and niece were mortified at the idea. My sister and daughter grabbed me to hold me back whike my niece ran up to show her tattoo.

I reaally wanted to see the cruise director's face when I flashed him.

I have wanted one for many, many, many years, but alas still ink-free. :rolleyes: Before 3 of my past cruises I have popped into Tattoo shops, but they always tell me that they take longer to heal than the time I have before we set sail...

We're leaving in 36 ish days, I guess Im due for my tattoo shop walk in! lol

:eek::eek:

Me, too....just never had the nerve!! :o I wanted a small elephant (for obvious reasons!) discreetly placed.....

I can relate to that. I don't consider my foobs (Fake bOOBS) to be real breasts. They are two bags of silicone that are internal prostheses. My nipples and aerolas are made from belly skin with the color tattooed in. I, therefore, have no modesty issues about them that I had with the original equipment.

I was in a Quest game and planned on doing the same when a tattoo was asked for. My daughter, sister, and niece were mortified at the idea. My sister and daughter grabbed me to hold me back whike my niece ran up to show her tattoo.

I reaally wanted to see the cruise director's face when I flashed him.

I lost my sister to BC, and since then, I saw a shirt that read, "Yes, they're fake...my real ones tried to KILL me!!" My sister would have loved that shirt..:D

Ginny, I have thought about buying that shirt. However, I think it is obvious that my Foobs are fake. What woman in her 60's has perky breasts that doesn't need a bra? It was an issue I needed to deal with as no manufacturer makes age appropriate implants for older ladies.

I have received a few snarky comments from ladies about my breasts. They are usually by older women that have caught their husbands looking and want to make sure that the world knows that I have had "work" done.

I have no compunction about tellling them in a loud voice that yes, they are totally fake, what I went through to get them, and wish them luck on their next mammogram so that maybe they, too, can look like me.

To celebrate my 25th anniversary to my high school sweetheart I had one done of 2 hearts melting with fire into a heart shaped bottle making 1 heart

It's on my very upper thigh right where your underware leg hole would sit so in other words only my hubby and my dr of course can see it:D

In Jan we are taking another cruise to renew our vows for our 30th!!! It's a great journey

So very interesting. Thank you for all of your answers ladies. I too got one when my sister and I both had our last child. We took off all the baby weight...both felt good about ourselves...and on a whim, decided to each get one tattoo.

Although mine has not shifted, changed color, or stretched.....I honestly do regret it. Always find myself saying "what was I thinking"...lol.:o

I had an idea in mind, didn't trust the artist, and found a cute little tattoo that I got on a whim instead. I hate it, but the placement is such that no one will ever see it unintentionally (just below/inside my hip bone), so it's staying.

Nope won't get one. A lot of these younger women that are getting them are going to regret it when they're 50 and don't look like they did when they were 20. I heard a news report a few weeks ago, based on tattoo removal numbers that 70% of people regret their tattoos to the point of wanting them removed which really isn't 100% possible. I

have seen some fairly large ones that are going to look terrible when they're wrinkled and saggy in 30 years lol.

I honestly doubt that number. Of the people I know with tattoos (which is a good 3/4 of people I know), I'm the only one that would undo it if I could, and laser hair removal solidified that (yeah, turns out it really does hurt).

I'm going to be wrinkly and saggy in 30 years no matter what. It's not like tattooed saggy baggy old skin is going to look measurably worse than saggy baggy old skin!

[quote=cocontom;36327061

I'm going to be wrinkly and saggy in 30 years no matter what. It's not like tattooed saggy baggy old skin is going to look measurably worse than saggy baggy old skin!

Agreed! Why not add some color to that wrinkly baggy skin?? :D

Agreed! Why not add some color to that wrinkly baggy skin?? :D

Right?

I just recently got my first tattoo at 51, after I completed my first marathon (at age 50). It is on my left shoulder, a 26.2 with scrollwork over and above the numbers. All black line work. I work in a law office so I wanted to put it someplace that wouldn't show at work, I can still wear sleeveless dresses in the summer, but when I am wearing running gear or a racer-back tank (which I wouldn't wear to work) it shows. I love it, had been wanting one for a few years and wanted it to be of something really important to me. I ran my first marathon at Marine Corps Marathon in Washington D.C. last year, in honor of my father who served in the Marines during WWII. I would like to add his initials into the design at some point. I think it's a little addicting though, because I'm actually starting to think about what and where I would get another one!

I have one. My daughter and I got them together--she was 18, I was 42. It's on my upper/outter thigh. If you put your hand straight down to your leg, your hand would cover it. I have a beribboned butterfly with my daughter's and my name. I added the name of a previous significant other after he died.

I'm a one-and-done. No more for me. Older DD has none, younger DD has 13. All between knees and elbows. She can dress professionally and they won't show. DH has two, both before we met. He wants one more.

I have one small tattoo which can be shown or hidden.

It is a guardian angel standing on a cloud.

It has a very special meaning to me and my husband.

IMG_6859.JPG

I love it.

I doubt I will take another one. I had the angel done when I was 21, the cloud added when I was 24 and now I'm 32 and have not yet seriously wanted more.

Archived