Do you have...or would you ever get....

susie8862

I have two. I have a cross with a butterfly on my left thigh and a sunflower on my right ankle. The only time you can see the one on my leg is with a swimsuit and for some reason, people are surprised when they find out I have tattoos.

I got two temporary Embera Puru tattoos when I visited their village last year. One was large and around my upper arm. Looked great with all my sleeveless long dresses at dinner. LOL

They lasted about two weeks. The salt water from all the diving we did over the next week was pretty hard on them.

The year I turned 50 I lost a substantial amount of weight through diet/exercise and I decided I wanted to do something totally out of character for me. So, I got my ears pierced for the first time in my life and I got a tatoo on the lower part of my back.

Two years later I decided to have my husband's name in a heart tatooed on my left shoulder to celebrate our 35th year of marriage. I told him I had decided to keep him. :D

Sherri:)

Homosassa, a friend at work did that as well. Her husband went with her to select the style of tattooed nipple, she was glad to let him do that after all the care he provided her while she went through surgery/chemo/recovery. She cracked us up with stories about how excited he was, this was the final phase of a long haul.

Sometimes I think about what I would want tattooed on my body for the rest of my life and the answer is always the same...nothing. So, I'll pass.

I'm glad tatoos weren't fashionable when I was young, because lord knows what I'd have on me. Probably something like "James Dean" on my forehead.

Now, I don't even put a political sign on my lawn, nevermind putting something on my body.

I got one just under 5 months ago, right before I turned 47.

I put a lot of thought into what I wanted. Several years! I ended up going with 2 good friends, that got tattoos at the same time I did.

Mine is a vine that goes around my ankle bone up the side of my leg. A couple flowers, a butterfly and my hubby and my first name initials in the vine.

tattoo.jpg

Nope won't get one. A lot of these younger women that are getting them are going to regret it when they're 50 and don't look like they did when they were 20. I heard a news report a few weeks ago, based on tattoo removal numbers that 70% of people regret their tattoos to the point of wanting them removed which really isn't 100% possible. I have seen some fairly large ones that are going to look terrible when they're wrinkled and saggy in 30 years lol.

Two tattoos - had aerolas tattooed around my reconstructed nipples and color added to said nipples on my reconstructed breasts.

Someone showed theirs on Explorer of the Seas during Quest. The CD (Richard Spacey) had asked for a tattoo. She just pulled her shirt down and showed him. You should have seen the look on his face as he didn't know it was a tattoo at the time.

I got one just under 5 months ago, right before I turned 47.

I put a lot of thought into what I wanted. Several years! I ended up going with 2 good friends, that got tattoos at the same time I did.

Mine is a vine that goes around my ankle bone up the side of my leg. A couple flowers, a butterfly and my hubby and my first name initials in the vine.

tattoo.jpg

Yours is gorgeous. I think the ones in color are better, as long as it doesn't fade. My 71 year old neighbor has a dark one on her ankle. It just looks like a dirt smudge.

No one ever thinks they are going to get old. My 89 year old mom still doesn't think she is old. She would look like an idiot with a tattoo. Her skin is so loose and wrinkled that the tattoo would be unrecognizable.

Different strokes---just not for me.

I have 6 or them. All have significant meaning to me and are all custom designed. For those of you who say they'll look horrible in 20 years...no they wont cause you can get them touched up if they do start to fade.

It's not about the color, it's about the aging of skin and the relocation of the tattoo after time.:rolleyes:

Nope won't get one. A lot of these younger women that are getting them are going to regret it when they're 50 and don't look like they did when they were 20. I heard a news report a few weeks ago, based on tattoo removal numbers that 70% of people regret their tattoos to the point of wanting them removed which really isn't 100% possible. I have seen some fairly large ones that are going to look terrible when they're wrinkled and saggy in 30 years lol.

I go to a plastic surgeon to have a terrible scar lasered. I asked what one of their most common procedures was and it's removing tattoos. They said red dye is particularly difficult, if not impossible, to remove. Lasering is painful.

I don't have any tattoos. Just as it's someone's choice to have, my choice is to not.

I have a blue crescent moon with celtic knotwork on the inside of my right forearm that I got about three years ago at age 30. I absolutely love it. I work in reatail and I actually get a lot of compliments on it. I do want at least two more in the future.

Archived