Do you have...or would you ever get....

susie8862

Okay, besides the one my leg/ankle, I would consider this one. Well, maybe not this exact design, but the basic idea. But I am not sure where I would put it:confused: And I won't do a tattoo on a whim. It took my several years of contemplating what and where to put the one that I had done!

hearttattoo.jpg

Ginny, I have thought about buying that shirt. However, I think it is obvious that my Foobs are fake. What woman in her 60's has perky breasts that doesn't need a bra? It was an issue I needed to deal with as no manufacturer makes age appropriate implants for older ladies.

I have received a few snarky comments from ladies about my breasts. They are usually by older women that have caught their husbands looking and want to make sure that the world knows that I have had "work" done.

I have no compunction about tellling them in a loud voice that yes, they are totally fake, what I went through to get them, and wish them luck on their next mammogram so that maybe they, too, can look like me.

I raise my glass to you.....and, if you're ever on a cruise with me, I've got the first round :D

Okay, besides the one my leg/ankle, I would consider this one. Well, maybe not this exact design, but the basic idea. But I am not sure where I would put it:confused: And I won't do a tattoo on a whim. It took my several years of contemplating what and where to put the one that I had done!

hearttattoo.jpg

I wish I hadn't, but on the other hand- what I had been considering for years became the Landshark logo. I may be enough of a parrothead to have gotten Tom at Margaritaville, but there's no way I want the logo for that swill on my body!

I spent about 3 years debating the one I had. It's good to think about it before doing it.

I think the design you are thinking about is very nice and would look good on a back shoulder area because of the rounded shape.

that is beautiful sharod!! great choice. i have 7. got the first in my late 30's, and at 55 i am still adding. all very well planned. some with special meanings, and some not. i love them all, as does my husband. i am in the process of designing another for my back. i apperciate the comments i get on them, and feel that if someone doesn't like them, then they should not look, and they should not get one!! no one said they had to. i will continue to have more done when the mood strikes, and as i get even older, let them fall where they may!!:D

• 2 weeks later...

I am 52 yrs young. I have no tatoos. Don't think I would ever get one either. However, my 54 yr old (young) DH got his first one around 8 yrs ago. Since then he has gotten several more. First upper arms (one at a time), then middle of back just below neck line, then color to the arms, then tatoos on both lower middle of arms, and most recently words on his chest. He has always thought out well in advance the design and meaning of each one. I really do believe it is an addiction of sorts. He has no other addictions, such as smoking, drinking or gambling, so this is his vice of choice. Do I like them... not really, but it is his body, and I'm learning to live with them.

P.S. Sinppu, I do like yours and imagine it is of significant meaning to you.

I have a hummingbird on my right breast. It was between the hummingbird and a red rose. When I called to ask a friend about what he thought, he said hummingbird. I asked why and he said....when the boob starts sagging, the red rose would look like it was wilting but the hummingbird will look like it was flying....The man that did it, has been an artist for over 40 years and he, himself has over 400 tats (no I haven't seen them, nor do I want to....to me, that many would be ugly) I have thought about getting another one, but prob will not. The hummingbird has no special meaning at all to me...just something that I liked

I'm 55, and have a red rose on my upper left chest. I've had it since I was 16. I've never gotten another one because I couldn't decide exactly what I wanted and I didn't want to get one just to "get one" if that makes sense. My son just turned 38 and is a tattoo artist. We talk about me getting another one occasionally but he always hesitates cause "I'm his mom". I've finally convinced him that I want my rose redone and enlarged so he drew up a design that I really like and has said he will do it for me. But now I have to wait cause I leave for my cruise next week and it wouldn't be healed enough for me to go to the beach and stuff. So I guess I will wait cause I'm NOT cancelling my cruise just to get a tattoo! :rolleyes:

Have a good one

Interesting topic! When I was going through a rough patch a few years ago, I took the plunge and got my favorite number "74" (as you can see in my name) on my hipbone. I had the artist do it in reverse, so when I look in the mirror it's the right way around for me to see. No one else can see (except my hubby ;)) or a bit peeks out when I wear a teeny bikini. :p

• 2 weeks later...

I am 36 and just got my tattoo. Never really had the desire until my dad passed away. I wanted to do something to remember him by, he was retired from the Navy and I love anchors so this is what I got. I absolutely love it and hopefully he likes it as well.

8356269310_60e4c31f26_m.jpg

Absolutely no tatoos for me. I don't get why people would permanently put something on their skin that they wouldn't be caught dead with hanging on their livingroom wall. I know I am in the minority but that's how I feel.

I don't get why people would permanently put something on their skin that they wouldn't be caught dead with hanging on their livingroom wall.

What if this isn't the case? I'd happily have a painting of my tattoo anywhere in my home. And no, it's not skull and roses. Mine is a guardian angel.

P.S. Sinppu, I do like yours and imagine it is of significant meaning to you.

Thank you very much and you are absolutely right.

No. I don't think tattoos are attractive. Some are interesting, maybe even pretty but I can't imagine living with ink under my skin.

I saw a woman at the beach who looked like the victim of some terrible beating until she came close enough that i could see that she had a number of tattoos.

Yep, I'm in my 60's and have a custom tat at the base of my neck about 2" wide. I love it and the majority of tats on others if not overpowering (according to my stats). Come to think of it who really cares about my opinion, except me?

I don't have any tattoos...

I do find them at times very beautiful , but I think a person has to have a certain style or attitude to carry them off well.

My sister in law ( a gorgeous , classy woman) for example , has two. They just don't " go " with her. She likes them , that's what matters , but I think they don't compliment her beauty.

On the other hand I have a good friend who has a hipster , alternative vibe , and I think her tats " go " with her.

It is kind of subjective , but I just don't think tattoos go with me :).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

3 years ago, at the age of 57 I got my first [and only] tattoo. it is a small butterfly on my left shoulder. underneath it are the words "my turn." Of course there is a story behind it. Since being diagnosed with breast cancer nearly a year ago people have been asking mee why I am not getting a "survivor tatto." I refuse to give this beast of a disease any more of my body than i possibly can. My next tatto will be shortly after my cruise. i will be getting 3D looking tattoos on the foobies [fake plus boobies equals foobies] on my chest to look like aereola and nipple. I have been "practicing" with rub on tattoos of different colors and sizes. when i do get my "real" fake tattos [fake plus nipples equals fipples] they will be custom made. How cool is that?

3 years ago, at the age of 57 I got my first [and only] tattoo. it is a small butterfly on my left shoulder. underneath it are the words "my turn." Of course there is a story behind it. Since being diagnosed with breast cancer nearly a year ago people have been asking mee why I am not getting a "survivor tatto." I refuse to give this beast of a disease any more of my body than i possibly can. My next tatto will be shortly after my cruise. i will be getting 3D looking tattoos on the foobies [fake plus boobies equals foobies] on my chest to look like aereola and nipple. I have been "practicing" with rub on tattoos of different colors and sizes. when i do get my "real" fake tattos [fake plus nipples equals fipples] they will be custom made. How cool is that?

I think that is totally cool!

As stated previously, I'm not very fond of tatoos, however, if I had gone through what you have gone through, I think "foobies" and "fipples" are an excellent idea!! Wishing you all the best on your upcoming additions.;)

Well, there I was several years ago, turning 60......looked at my "bucket list"....pretty pitiful. At that point, I wasn't going to be President, wasn't going to climb Mt. Everest, wasn't going to India to work with Mother Teresa and certainly wasn't going to go skydiving. But, WAIT...WHAT'S THAT? NUMBER 17 - "GET A TATTOO". Hey, I can do that! So now I have a tattoo, but unless I lose a bet really big and have to run through the middle of downtown naked at high noon, that tattoo won't be seeing the light of day. Oh, but GrannyJ knows she's a "bad girl" at heart.....

Archived