Cagney's for breakfast? free? charge?

KylaConnor

I'm booked into a DOS on the Dawn. People keep talking about one of the perks as being allowed to eat breakfast and lunch at Cagney's instead of the MDR or buffet. Until now, I'd assumed that meant it was gratis to eat there for those meals, but a friend posed the question... Had I ever heard there wasn't the usual Cagney's meal charge if you ate breakfast or lunch there? And I'd never specifically asked it. Does it cost the $25 pp to eat breakfast or lunch there? Or is that charge only for dinner at Cagney's?

Thanks in advance.

KC

Just got off the Star in a Family Suite and breakfast & lunch were free for us all week. Dinner required the $25 pp.

Enjoy!

Thanks much! Like I said, I'd always assumed that was the case, but a friend reminded me to actually ask. I'm glad I did.

KC

I'm booked into a DOS on the Dawn. People keep talking about one of the perks as being allowed to eat breakfast and lunch at Cagney's instead of the MDR or buffet. Until now, I'd assumed that meant it was gratis to eat there for those meals, but a friend posed the question... Had I ever heard there wasn't the usual Cagney's meal charge if you ate breakfast or lunch there? And I'd never specifically asked it. Does it cost the $25 pp to eat breakfast or lunch there? Or is that charge only for dinner at Cagney's?

Thanks in advance.

KC

nope, it is is one of your perks, it is free, but a nice tip each day or at the end is appreciated by the Cagney staff.

Besides the breakfast menu choices, there is also a very good buffet with cold cereals, rolls, smoked fish, fruit, etc.

My husband's favorite lunch was their smoked salmon sandwich--he expected traditional smoked salmon, but it was so much more--they smoke a thick salmon fillet for the sandwich.:D

Based on this review, you might be in store for some microwaved specialties: http://voices.yahoo.com/norwegian-cruises-just-bit-short-everything-11928135.html?cat=16

I was on that same Thanksgiving voyage as the reviewer and ate almost every breakfast and lunch at Cagneys no rush like at dinner and no microwaves for the entrees. This was one of the best features of the week.

Based on this review, you might be in store for some microwaved specialties: http://voices.yahoo.com/norwegian-cruises-just-bit-short-everything-11928135.html?cat=16

We were on this same cruise. I have read this report and disagree with almost everything that is mentioned. The poster of the review is clearly not familiar with restaurant operations, there is nothing done differently in Cagney's than in the best restaurants on land.

• 2 years later...

We just got off the Norwegian Jade. The Cagney's lunch and breakfast perk is superb. We loved it.

I did a video review so that all can see the experience and food we had for lunch and breakfast.

This is the video on Cagney's lunch. Hope that it is a good reference for all.

Suite guests eat for free in Cagney's for breakfast and lunch only. $25 charge per person for dinner. Kids 12 and under are half price with those 3 and under, free.

It has been $30 for a while now. All other specialty resto have remained the same except for Cagney.

We had GREAT food, cooked to order and WATCHED them cook it.

As to your link - I have no idea what it says, as the link went to page full of news articles. Maybe there was a specific post in there somewhere...