No upgrades on guarantees!

CruzinNoony

Part of the fun in booking a guarantee for me is waiting to see where you end up! I don't really care where I am on the ship, I have never had a "bad" room.

With that said, my next two cruises are in a mini guarantee (AD) and if I end up with an AD, I'll be quite happy. If they move me, I will still be happy.

Anywhere on the ship is better than not being on the ship at all! :)

I couldn't agree more, we'll said

I get the part about cruise lotto, but apparently this game is changing with the recategorization of the cabins and the new booking engine on the Princess website. I'm trying to figure out how it will be different.

The OP says no upgrades for GTY. I take that to mean no balcony to mini, etc. - jumps from one cabin type to another. If you GTY a balcony, you get a balcony. Seems reasonable to me.

Others say the upgrade option is still there when booking. This contradicts what the OP said unless the option is offered only to those who choose a cabin rather than GTY. I did a couple of dummy bookings and did not see it either way. I went as far as the Options tab but did not enter any passenger info.

I guess we just have to wait and see how it all plays out since it is all new, and I haven't seen anything on the Princess website that spells out a new policy.

I get the part about cruise lotto, but apparently this game is changing with the recategorization of the cabins and the new booking engine on the Princess website. I'm trying to figure out how it will be different.

The OP says no upgrades for GTY. I take that to mean no balcony to mini, etc. - jumps from one cabin type to another. If you GTY a balcony, you get a balcony. Seems reasonable to me.

Others say the upgrade option is still there when booking. This contradicts what the OP said unless the option is offered only to those who choose a cabin rather than GTY. I did a couple of dummy bookings and did not see it either way. I went as far as the Options tab but did not enter any passenger info.

I guess we just have to wait and see how it all plays out since it is all new, and I haven't seen anything on the Princess website that spells out a new policy.

I am talking only about guarantee bookings. In the past, when you booked a guarantee, say a GG (obstructed view) you knew you would get at least a GG. But, you could also move up the ladder to a F(more midship or an EE (unobstructed view). Now, you will get a GG period. :rolleyes:

I am talking only about guarantee bookings. In the past, when you booked a guarantee, say a GG (obstructed view) you knew you would get at least a GG. But, you could also move up the ladder to a F(more midship or an EE (unobstructed view). Now, you will get a GG period. :rolleyes:

As long as there is light coming into the cabin, I don't give a petunia where they put me.

I tried the new Princess booking engine and could not find any guarantees for two cruises on the Caribbean Princes in January and March. Travelocity was still offering the opportunity to book a guarantee for these cruises.

I tried the new Princess booking engine and could not find any guarantees for two cruises on the Caribbean Princes in January and March. Travelocity was still offering the opportunity to book a guarantee for these cruises.

Which year, which dates, which type cabin.

Looking at Balconies, for example, on the ship in Jan and March 2013, I easily see GTY except for the sailings where all balconoes are makred sold out.

Just booked a cabin for Nov. 2013. Was given the option of an upgrade. Declined it this time as we want this specific cabin. But on 2 previous cruises we received wonderful upgrades. Obstructed view to balcony, and then an Aloha balcony from the cheapest gty. I am thankful for upgrades when I get them, but have never expected them.

Still waiting for our BB GTY to be assigned for our cruise coming up in ten days. Only Window Suites, one mini and a bunch of insides available as of this morning.

I had them note that we would consider a move over as well as we prefer the Ruby's itinerary.

Still waiting for our BB GTY to be assigned for our cruise coming up in ten days. Only Window Suites, one mini and a bunch of insides available as of this morning.

I had them note that we would consider a move over as well as we prefer the Ruby's itinerary.

You can easily be assigned to a category that shows no rooms currently available.

I have an IA GTY on the Royal 10/29 5 day and the following 7 day. I figured I can't lose. As a smoker I don't want to pay for a balcony then have to leave it to smoke, but wouldn't mind getting one for the price of an inside. Of course I'll be happy with an IA assignment. They are all perfectly located. Just got off an Emerald 10 day and never felt I was lacking in my inside cabin.

I was just on the site and tried booking 2 or 3 sailings, for inside cabins on the Plaza deck (my favorite when traveling solo) and all I could do was book guarantys. Other times recently, I couldn't book a guaranty? Confusing. I'm going to call my TA tomorrow and see how she does.

You can easily be assigned to a category that shows no rooms currently available.

I understand that as I have booked GTY cabins in the past as I am partial to playing the game. I am fine with whatever we are assigned, just would like to know. Curious more than anything and still hoping for a moveover or upsell offer.

Archived