Things to do in Hollywood, FL

indy71

RCL has a shore excursion which drops you in Hollywood, and then takes you to the airport about 4 hours later. Does this sound like a fun thing to do? I'm assuming there's enough to do there to keep you busy for 4 hours. What things would you recommend? Thanks, Karen

We are staying in Hollywood pre-cruise for 3 days. We plan to rent a car and use Hollywood as our base to visit Miami and the Everglades but one thing I'm really excited about is going to eat at Sonny's Famous Steak Hogies. It is a restaurant I saw on Guy Fieri's Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives. The food looked absolutely awesome. You could check out http://www.visithollywoodfl.org for other things to do in the area.

We are staying in Hollywood pre-cruise for 3 days. We plan to rent a car and use Hollywood as our base to visit Miami and the Everglades but one thing I'm really excited about is going to eat at Sonny's Famous Steak Hogies. It is a restaurant I saw on Guy Fieri's Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives. The food looked absolutely awesome. You could check out http://www.visithollywoodfl.org for other things to do in the area.

Good old Guy Fieri

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/11/14/dining/reviews/restaurant-review-guys-american-kitchen-bar-in-times-square.html?ref=dining

RCL has a shore excursion which drops you in Hollywood, and then takes you to the airport about 4 hours later. Does this sound like a fun thing to do? I'm assuming there's enough to do there to keep you busy for 4 hours. What things would you recommend? Thanks, Karen

Here is some information about the Hollywood Broadwalk:

http://www.visithollywoodfl.org/hollywoodbeachbroadwalk.aspx

You can run, walk, rent bikes, eat, drink, etc.

Depending on the weather, yes, you could just stroll the broadwalk and enjoy lunch there. Biking is fun and you can rent a bike from automated stands or by shops. I guess I'd decide on whether to do the excursion depending on cost and time of your flight. If it's more than $40 per person, you can do it by cab ( not per person) and stay as long as you want for less. (You'd need to send your bags ahead if your ship allows.) You'll be back at the airport around 12:30-1:00 if you do the excursion. If your flight is in the evening, you might even consider a car rental.

Depending on the weather, yes, you could just stroll the broadwalk and enjoy lunch there. Biking is fun and you can rent a bike from automated stands or by shops. I guess I'd decide on whether to do the excursion depending on cost and time of your flight. If it's more than $40 per person, you can do it by cab ( not per person) and stay as long as you want for less. (You'd need to send your bags ahead if your ship allows.) You'll be back at the airport around 12:30-1:00 if you do the excursion. If your flight is in the evening, you might even consider a car rental.

Actually, there are a couple of things I like about this excursion. One is that it doesn't leave the boardwalk for the airport until 2 pm (and we're flying from Miami so we'll be getting there a little early for the 6 p.m. flight, but not terribly so). And it costs exactly $40 per person, so that seems pretty good, considering that it includes transportation to Miami. Plus they are storing our luggage for us. I think with some of these excellent suggestions of things to do, it might work out pretty good.

Actually, there are a couple of things I like about this excursion. One is that it doesn't leave the boardwalk for the airport until 2 pm (and we're flying from Miami so we'll be getting there a little early for the 6 p.m. flight, but not terribly so). And it costs exactly $40 per person, so that seems pretty good, considering that it includes transportation to Miami. Plus they are storing our luggage for us. I think with some of these excellent suggestions of things to do, it might work out pretty good.

With these details, yes, it's a decent choice. If they do let you stay on the beach until 2, that's pretty good. You are paying extra for the convenience of not having to plan anything yourself.;) Have fun!!

I stayed on The Boardwalk for a couple of days precruise at the beginning of this year and loved it! I agree with ragtiki2004, Le Tub is fantastic, being a Brit I had never eaten such an amazing burger :)

I would happily have gone back to Hollywood postcruise - enjoy your excursion there.

Archived