Printing airline boarding passes on Allure

I've read that there are complimentary guest kiosks on Allure that can be used to print out airline boarding passes. Does this mean that they can be used to check in for your flight on the internet without paying an internet fee of some kind?

Yes.

I've read that there are complimentary guest kiosks on Allure that can be used to print out airline boarding passes. Does this mean that they can be used to check in for your flight on the internet without paying an internet fee of some kind?

If you decide to use the luggage valet service it includes the printing of boarding passes / airline luggage tags.

We were recently on the Allure, and people seemed to take a really long time at the kiosks, I think they weren't working great and were really slow. We didn't check in until the airport, and didn't get to sit next to each other, but not the end of the world.

Or, you can check-in on your phone, and print the passes at the airport.

Or...even better... You can check in on your phone and that becomes your boarding pass. It displays a QR code (fancy barcode) which gets scanned like a boarding pass. It has worked great for me the past 8 flights, so much easier.

The free kiosks with printers are only on the Oasis and Allure. I have no idea if they plan to add them to any other ships.

Many will be "broken". At least on my last Allure cruise, I was easily able to ascertain that not one of them was "broken". The printer was out of paper. They were too lazy or stupid to figure it out/remedy it for half a day.

They were very slow for two reasons: slow connections and even slower users. It's step by step... all you have to do is follow the directions! I fail to see how it took people 10 minutes to do this.

If I remember correctly, there was a hidden kiosk near the stairs to the entertainment area. It was always free.

They were slow on Allure because of the internet connection. While at sea the internet connection was extremely slow, add to that the amount of people trying to access it to print their boarding passes etc. We gave up and waited until the morning to print ours.

We were recently on the Allure, and people seemed to take a really long time at the kiosks, I think they weren't working great and were really slow. We didn't check in until the airport, and didn't get to sit next to each other, but not the end of the world.

they were confusing...not slow

there were no back buttons or anything like that and it took a couple of us to figure out how to get back to the main screen to get to SW...once I got there it was quick and easy...

If you choose Southwest's Early Bird check-in, you're checked in automatically 24 hours before your flight. You can print the boarding pass at the airport and still get a Group A or on a rare occasion, a low B.

What good will a travel agent be in getting your boarding pass???

Most people just need checking in for prime seat assignments, sitting together, upgrades, an "A" boarding position. Unless they cruise with a carry-on, they are going to have to check bags at the airport. A TA would be very good in getting that taken care of so someone does not waste the last day of their cruise in a long line. Once checked-in, boarding passes can be printed at the airport.

Archived