Oceania just gave us the BEST Christmas present! Thank you so much!

MeMomandaMap

As some of you might remember we have booked on our 1st Oceania Cruise January 5th, Miami to Lima.

We had booked an inside cabin to help offset the costs of post cruise travel throughout Peru

We have been SO LOOKING forward to our Oceania Cruise, the unique itinerary and spending quality time together.

The day after Thanksgiving I came down with a cold, within 1 week I had severe bronchitis. I've now been doing nebulizers, inhalers and everything in my power to get better. It hasnt been working.

My doctor has been really concerned about me flying and then being in South America and getting worse.

We knew we had to cancel

As I was about to call our personal reservation agent at Oceania.

I received another move over offer since our cruise is still oversold. (We had previously turned down all the others)

Oceania offered us the Marina in a Penthouse Suite (PH2) for no additional charges AND with a $1,000 credit for the Papeete to Auckland sailing

Never, ever in a million years could we afford a Penthouse Suite and even an inside cabin would have stretched our annual travel budget of $15,000 a bit.

We have just begun researching everything there is to know about the Marina, the Penthouse Suite benefits, and the itinerary

If there's any tips on experiences not to miss out on while onboard the Marina, please let me know!

We are so thankful and appreciative that Oceania reached out one more time to us to change our plans, especially since we had turned down all the other offers.

Now I have 5 more weeks to get over this bronchitis.

and if I wouldnt pass out doing a Happy Dance I would do one, but for now we are grinning ear to ear and just giddy with excitement!!!!!

Truly one of our BEST Christmas presents!

The Marina is beautiful. We did Concierge and enjoyed it and, like you, a Penthouse would be a stretch. I would take full advantage of booking dinner reservations right away as the restaurants fill quickly. Enjoy the butler service and all of the other nice amenities. And, Merry Christmas.

This is wonderful news. You will enjoy your PH experience so much. Relax and enjoy every moment. Marina is beautiful, so there's no doubt you will have a wonderful time.

Merry Christmas and get well soon!

That's even better than my story. We got an offer for an upsell (at not much money) a few days before our Baltic cruise in August. It was from an inside cabin on Marina to a concierge level cabin with veranda. I was very happy with that news! However, your news is better, given that you would have had to cancel your original cruise.

My husband really wants to go to Papeete and the other places in that part of the world.

I've never been anywhere nicer than the concierge level cabin we had (thanks to the upsell) so I can't give you any tips on the suite, but I'm sure you'll love it. However, as someone else suggested, book your specialty restaurant reservations early (I did it online) if you're picky about time and dates. I think that being in a suite lets you book them earlier than people in the inside cabins and other lower-priced categories, so check O's site or your travel documents if you have anything yet, for when reservations open up for your category. The not-too-early, not-too-late times on "at sea" days fill up quickly, so booking ahead is advisable. I also agree with Mura - don't miss the Terrace buffet, especially at dinner when the grill is open for "cooked as you like it" food. I know a lot of people hate buffets, but this one is a cut above the rest. My husband and I love it. I would also guess that you could sit outside to eat, given where you're going!

Hope you feel better soon - and keep doing that happy dance (gently!) Have a wonderful holiday season, too.

Thanks everyone!

I need to call Oceania on Dec 26th to do our air, shorex, and specialty restaurants.

We have our confirmation, but it came at the end of the day yesterday.

I think they are still doing internal "stuff" to both reservations

so, I don't have online access yet to the reservation

Another thing Oceania did was protect us on the 2014 sailing Miami to Lima... we are thrilled that they are offering it next year and we cleared an inside cabin! Also, because of the specials we now have gratuities included on both cruises!!! woo hoo!

The menus for all the specialty restaurants look incredible.

The only concern we have is...(not really);) :o

we are kicking off our 1st time on Oceania in the Penthouse on the Marina....can you really go back down to an inside on Regatta after this

hahahahahahahaha (obviously we can and will).

You are very fortunate indeed that you were offered this change (and an upgrade at that).

You might have been OK on the ship but would have had MAJOR problems in Macchu Pichu with your bronchitis.

Enjoy the PH on the Marina - they are really fabulous.

You might consider dining in once or twice in your PH from any restaurant (served course by course) - especially if you have trouble getting extra specialty restaurant reservations.

Don't forget about the fantastic Terrace Cafe with lobster tails, jumbo shrimp, etc.

Enjoy!

Thanks everyone!

we are kicking off our 1st time on Oceania in the Penthouse on the Marina....can you really go back down to an inside on Regatta after this

It may be hard to forego the butler and the extra space on your next cruise, but everyone aboard O is treated so well, you will still have a great time, even if you're "only" in a smaller cabin later.

BTW, your butler can help you get your specialty restaurant times changed if you don't like the ones you are able to schedule before you go (O holds back a certain # of reservations for people who are not comfortable scheduling in advance) , and extras if you wish, once you're aboard. And, absolutely, feel free to enjoy an ensuite meal if you choose. The butler is a great help in these, and many other ways, so be sure to give him the chance to serve you; that is what he is hired and trained for.

Enjoy!

Kay

we are kicking off our 1st time on Oceania in the Penthouse on the Marina....can you really go back down to an inside on Regatta after this, hahahahahahahaha (obviously we can and will).

Our first Oceania experience was in PH2 as well (we were moved too). We too will have to go back to an inside, but it'll definitely be Oceania!

Archived