How would an East Coast Port Strike affect the Cruise Passengers (Updated 12/28/12)

FrankinPA

Thanks, Anne. To finish my previous sentence, now I can think about packing.

Hi Oville,

I'm Andy, but its cool :)

Glad that you can start packing !!! Funny how this news changes things for us. It seems the next deadline will be during our Constellation sailing. Let's hope the strike conversation will be a distant memory by then.

Happy New Year !

Hi Oville,

Glad that you can start packing !!! Funny how this news changes things for us. It seems the next deadline will be during our Constellation sailing. Let's hope the strike conversation will be a distant memory by then.

Happy New Year !

So sorry Andy :o and Happy New Year to you. I'll let you know how our Connie cruise was when we return.

Sounds like the union and the brass have resolved their biggest issue so hopefully a strike will not happen and interfer with your cruise.

Hi Oville,

Happy New Year !

I am in the same situation as yourself as I will be on the Equinox at the next deadline. Hopefully, they can come to an agreement within the next month and a strike can be averted.

I am in the same situation as yourself as I will be on the Equinox at the next deadline. Hopefully, they can come to an agreement within the next month and a strike can be averted.

Cruise ships are not involved, only Cargo ships. A settlement has been reached to postpone and action for 30 days to give more time for talks- just reported on CNN.

This is an interesting scenario, since approximately only 15,000 union members control most of the commerce in all of the east coast and gulf coast ports in the U.S. While, we all hope that their will be a quick and reasonable resolution to this matter, we must also be aware of the fact that it might not be resolved.

I recall that decades ago when I handled labor law cases before becoming a country attorney that we had a saying when involved in negotiations that "it aint over until the fat lady sings". I believe that that aphorism is still extant.

Orator ~ while a strike would not have involved cruise ships, a lockout by port management could.

Happy to hear that they have agreed to an extension and hope they can resolve everything before the end of January.

Oville ~ HAPPY PACKING !!!!

Happy Cruising to all!

Archived