Spa Etiquette

MoYerclan

First time in an Aqua Class stateroom. Hoping to jump start the year with some extra gym and spa time, to include the Persian Garden area. I'm kinda clueless as to what folks wear (or don't wear?!) while in the hot, cold and tile lounger room?

Some people had robes over their swimsuits and left them on. Others took them off when lying on the heated loungers. I wore long linen baggy pants and top and then took them off and draped a pool towel over the bathers. In the steam and dry heat rooms I wrapped the towel around me as the seats were very hot. Others seemed to do the same.

There are lockers for your things.

The Persian Garden is wonderful. Most people wear bathing suits while laying on the heated stone lounges. You can also where the robe that is provided. There are only about 8-10 lounges, so you may have a little bit of a wait, but you can always use the steam or sauna rooms. Enjoy. It is one of my favoriate relaxation treats on board.

• Like 1

I like to hit the Saunas and Steam rooms on the ships, plenty of full Montys in there, a bit scary at times. LOL.

So a question: Our first Celebrity cruise coming up, are there (like Princess Cruise ships) seperate male and female saunas/steam rooms on Celebriry Solstice? OR are they unisex? (co-ed)

Edited by NSWP

Unfortunately, there are no unisex " textile forbidden" saunas onboard Celebrity ships. There are too many prude Anglosaxons onboard to make this work. it would not be accepted.

We took a cruise onboard AidaDiva last September, she has a fantastic sauna World where everybody is naked, men, women, children and crew, there is no staring, just a very relaxing environment where one experiences sauna as it should be, as God created us. Would never work on American lines though. different culture.

So a question: Our first Celebrity cruise coming up, are there (like Princess Cruise ships) seperate male and female saunas/steam rooms on Celebriry Solstice? OR are they unisex? (co-ed)

There are unisex dry saunas in the locker room areas, but no steam room. Clothing is not required in the unisex dry saunas.

Unfortunately, there are no unisex " textile forbidden" saunas onboard Celebrity ships. There are too many prude Anglosaxons onboard to make this work. it would not be accepted.

We took a cruise onboard AidaDiva last September, she has a fantastic sauna World where everybody is naked, men, women, children and crew, there is no staring, just a very relaxing environment where one experiences sauna as it should be, as God created us. Would never work on American lines though. different culture.

International relationships seldom flourish in the land of Perjoratives...

There are unisex dry saunas in the locker room areas, but no steam room. Clothing is not required in the unisex dry saunas.

Sorry to disagree, but us prudish Americans would complain if you followed that "rule". There is definitely the expectation of some covering. I am sure I'm not the only one who would be shocked to see otherwise.

I have worn the bathrobe from my AQ cabin to go to the PG....is this considered déclassé by other Americans (I realize that other cultural perceptions and opinions may vary) ???

Edited by librarylady19

Can't recall the saunas on the S Class ships ?? But on the M Class ships the saunas are gender specific, and in the appropriate locker rooms....and if Celebrity Corporate can be held to their word....signs will soon be posted that "Covering is REQUIRED" while using the saunas.

I have worn the bathrobe from my AQ cabin to go to the PG....is this considered déclassé by other Americans ???

Absolutely not. Now, if you stop by the buffet and grab a snack in your robe, yeah, that's a little déclassé! But walking from your room to the spa in a robe, no problem.

Oh, and while we're on the topic of "spa etiquette", not to hijack the thread, but let me put a few other things out there:

The spa is a place people go to relax. So please, be quiet! A little quiet discussion between two people in the persian garden or the relaxation room is one thing, but if you are going to carry on and have a loud conversation and cackle with laughter, please be considerate to others, and choose a more appropriate place.

Additionally, if you bring a walkie talkie into the spa, I will not be held responsible for which orifice it gets shoved in should you feel the need to use it!;)

Can't recall the saunas on the S Class ships ?? But on the M Class ships the saunas are gender specific, and in the appropriate locker rooms....and if Celebrity Corporate can be held to their word....signs will soon be posted that "Covering is REQUIRED" while using the saunas.

The S class saunas are in a corner near the showers. They are smaller than the M class and don't have an exterior window.

Why would covering be required in a unisex locker room sauna? If people want to cover up, fine, but there should be no rule requiring it. Proper etiquette is to sit on a towel, but you don't have to be wrapped up in one if you choose not to.

People are changing and drying off from showers at the lockers as well... there is no expectation of full coverage at all times.

thanks for mentioning it is a quiet zone...place to relax...

my undrestanding is that robes in the stateroom are for in room use--spa area provides towels, robes & booties if you want them...

dress is bathing suit minimum in coed spa areas , loungers are heated so we use a towel underneath b/c they can get too hot... & for sanitary reasons too...

have never had decorum issues on Celeb except for noisy coverations....on Royal once we walked into some type of orgy in the coed steam rooms & were not pleased!

Why would covering be required in a unisex locker room sauna? If people want to cover up, fine, but there should be no rule requiring it. Proper etiquette is to sit on a towel, but you don't have to be wrapped up in one if you choose not to.

I think people are confusing "unisex". A "unisex" sauna would be open to both men and women. The saunas being mentioned are NOT unisex. There is a men's sauna and a women's sauna.

And, I totally agree, if the facilities are gender specific, cover up is optional.

Oh, and while we're on the topic of "spa etiquette", not to hijack the thread, but let me put a few other things out there:

The spa is a place people go to relax. So please, be quiet! A little quiet discussion between two people in the persian garden or the relaxation room is one thing, but if you are going to carry on and have a loud conversation and cackle with laughter, please be considerate to others, and choose a more appropriate place.

Additionally, if you bring a walkie talkie into the spa, I will not be held responsible for which orifice it gets shoved in should you feel the need to use it!;)

LIKE BUTTON!!! :D

Definitely not a hijack of the thread because I certainly think being conscious of those around us and not using loud voices in the spa area is expected protocol! :) It's a place to catch some Wu Sah! :)

The spa is a place people go to relax. So please, be quiet!

So last week in the Reflection Persian Garden, a guy on the tiled loungers fell asleep and was snoring very loudly. I tried coughing a couple of times and that stirred him for about ten seconds before falling back asleep. I figured he must have needed the rest so we left after about five minutes.

We wore swimsuits to the Persian Garden, but also saw people fully-dressed in street clothes or in their robes. Oh I miss that place.........