Spa Etiquette

MoYerclan

I think people are confusing "unisex". A "unisex" sauna would be open to both men and women. The saunas being mentioned are NOT unisex. There is a men's sauna and a women's sauna.

And, I totally agree, if the facilities are gender specific, cover up is optional.

dry saunas are accessed through the men's & women's locker rooms in spa area, no charge for using them or showers...... everything in Persian Gardens is open to both genders....it is generally a fee area, you buy a pass for a day or longer or it is included in AQ class (not sure of other options)

Edited by hcat

Notice I'd like to see in every day's Celebrity Today:

If you are planning to dress skimpily in the spa or around the public pool area, please check in a full length mirror and assess if you still have that same buff look you remember from when you were much much younger before you venture out of your cabin.

• Haha 1

We wore swimsuits to the Persian Garden, but also saw people fully-dressed in street clothes or in their robes. Oh I miss that place.........

That's good to know. In October on the Reflection, my husband and I were in Aqua class and went to the Persian Garden one day dressed in shorts and t-shirts. They would not let us in. Said we had to wear swimsuits, not street clothes. We only wanted to relax on the loungers for a few minutes, but were told to come back in swimsuits.

Notice I'd like to see in every day's Celebrity Today:

If you are planning to dress skimpily in the spa or around the public pool area, please check in a full length mirror and assess if you still have that same buff look you remember from when you were much much younger before you venture out of your cabin.

LOL... I wholeheartedly agree! :D

I also agree with the poster about the walkie talkies!!! They are a constant annoyance in most places because most of what you hear is garbled so it's blasting everyone out to hear what the person is saying clearly. I can understand using them to keep in touch with your kids but for adults running amuck on the ship, schedule a place to meet (such as the martini bar) at a given time. It's quite simple.

Ok... I'll get down off my soap box. :)

I can understand using them to keep in touch with your kids

Not to totally derail this thread, but I don't even think this is an acceptable use of them. My feeling is that people use walkie talkies to keep tabs on kids that are in all actuality too young to be out and about on their own. I never see people doing this on large, land based resorts. Why? I think people get some false sense of security from a ship. But it really makes no sense.

If kids are too young, they should be signed in and out of the kids programs or with their parents. If they are old enough to wander free on the ship, then setting up a time and place to meet up should be good enough. If you're not comfortable with that as a parent, the walkie talkie is a poor solution.

• 4 weeks later...
Not to totally derail this thread, but I don't even think this is an acceptable use of them. My feeling is that people use walkie talkies to keep tabs on kids that are in all actuality too young to be out and about on their own. I never see people doing this on large, land based resorts. Why? I think people get some false sense of security from a ship. But it really makes no sense.

If kids are too young, they should be signed in and out of the kids programs or with their parents. If they are old enough to wander free on the ship, then setting up a time and place to meet up should be good enough. If you're not comfortable with that as a parent, the walkie talkie is a poor solution.

Amen!!! Walkie talkies are more annoying than children who are running wild.

• 5 years later...

As is the case with many on-board aspects of a cruise ship, it seems to me that if the ship is in international waters, decides what is appropriate or not. The nationality of a passenger would seem to be a secondary issue.

1 hour ago, Canuker said:

As is the case with many on-board aspects of a cruise ship, it seems to me that if the ship is in international waters, decides what is appropriate or not. The nationality of a passenger would seem to be a secondary issue.

A-hem...You do know that this is a seven year old thread, don't you? :classic_wink:

On 12/26/2012 at 10:39 PM, Phxazzcruisers said:

At the minimum a swim suit.

I was wondering....as spas we have used in Europe were coed and  did not require clothing.

Our kids at the time (12/14) didn't know what to think to see old women topless. 

The infrared sauna was nice once the old man there put a washcloth over his junk! 

2 hours ago, Orator said:

The Persian Gardens on S Class ships are one of least relaxing places on the ship. The door is always slamming when people enter or leave and sometimes the talking is at a very loud level. 

Thank you! I always say the same thing. Never understood the fascination with the Persian Garden. I either get bored or frustrated by that door and rude people talking. Been in AQ many times but have only used the PG maybe 3 times and left within 15 minutes.