Chocolate Extravaganza

MaiTaiMary

Although I'm a chocoholic, my favorite items there are the sugared almonds and walnuts, the orange peel, and the puff pastry swan with vanilla ice cream and chocolate sauce. Yum!

I also only like the chocolate cake from the cafe. I think it lasted me two days though last time. The piece was so big.

April can't get here fast enough!

Yes! The candied orange peel is delicious!

Oh my, I love the pictures, give me more.

Now I have to loose another 5 pounds before the cruise !!!!

OOOO... Found this:

watch full screen ( lower right on the screen to go Full Screen )

:rolleyes:

Edited by Bigtex1622

What is the Chocolate Extravaganza? :confused: I've seen pictures in some reviews, but it's not clear what exactly it is.

As a chocoholic.. I NEED to know this. ;) Thanks.

As a fellow chocoholic, I never go to this any more. I guess you could call me a chocolate snob; I won't waste calories on mediocre chocolate. The chocolate is not great. Save your calories for a final helping of the warm chocolate melting cake at dinner that evening.

• 5 years later...
It is a chocolate buffet the last sea day. DW and I primarily like milk chocolate but almost everything is bitter sweet so not our favorite.

Now if they had one of pies that would be awesome.

Omg! I never heard of this! I’m sailing the Breeze in 2019 and Magic 2020. Please tell me all about this! I am a huge chocoholic!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Omg! I never heard of this! I’m sailing the Breeze in 2019 and Magic 2020. Please tell me all about this! I am a huge chocoholic!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Go back and read from the first page. It looks a lot nicer than it is.

After a few cruises we basically decided not worth the calories

My favorite things on the chocolate "extravaganza" are the apple jello cubes. Seriously. Those things rock. I'm not so keen on the chocolate fountain. Chocolate fountains have always seemed unsanitary to me. I mean, the chocolate circulates through the air continuously, picking up sneezes, dust motes, whatever is in the air. I'm not a germaphobe by any stretch of the imagination, but they seem questionable to me, whether on a ship or elsewhere. But that's just me. I know a lot of folks enjoy them and that's fine. To each his/her own.

My favorite things on the chocolate "extravaganza" are the apple jello cubes. Seriously. Those things rock. I'm not so keen on the chocolate fountain. Chocolate fountains have always seemed unsanitary to me. I mean, the chocolate circulates through the air continuously, picking up sneezes, dust motes, whatever is in the air. I'm not a germaphobe by any stretch of the imagination, but they seem questionable to me, whether on a ship or elsewhere. But that's just me. I know a lot of folks enjoy them and that's fine. To each his/her own.

As a chocoholic, I have no issues with chocolate covered germs.

If I get sick, a cocktail of Hershey syrup and DayQuil does the trick.

Well let me go against the grain here, and suggest to try the buffet if you never have before. It's kind of interesting to figure out what some of the items are. I usually get one plate of various items for husband and I to take a bite of and share to avoid waste. Seems that some people do enjoy it based on the long lines, lol.

Well let me go against the grain here, and suggest to try the buffet if you never have before. It's kind of interesting to figure out what some of the items are. I usually get one plate of various items for husband and I to take a bite of and share to avoid waste. Seems that some people do enjoy it based on the long lines, lol.

People should certainly try it but many people seem to feel not worth the calories, they have many other desserts that are much better