Did anyone get the Venetian Society survey?

ging466

Two of the questions:

1. "How likely would you be to pay a small annual fee to receive extra benefits such as complimentary laundry service, free or reduced-cost internet access, daily canapes and daily newspaper; suite upgrades, benefits and/or discounts from Silversea brand partners, exclusive pierside check-in area and priority restaurant reservations?

2. If you said you were amenable to a small annual fee for this premium benefit package, how much are you willing to pay?

$500

$400

$300

$200

$100

What's everyone's thoughts on this? My reaction was 'u can't be serious!'

Cheers

Jennifer

Question 2

Would you favour a three class ship?

These classes would consist, 1st, 2nd and Steerage.

To ensure there was no embarrassment caused by the sight of synthetic clothing, grubby necks etc we would make sure that there was no mixing of these different groups.

In an emergency 1st Class passengers would, of course, be eligible for a lifeboat.

Steerage passengers could opt for part time jobs as Butlers whilst on board and qualify for better food and three hours less rowing per day. :rolleyes:

If you look at all the questions in the survey you can see that there’s currently an internal debate in the company about whether or not to drop the Venetian Society benefits and replace them with an annual “premium” benefits fee.

Just completed survey.The two questions are an affront to our intelligence particularly as some of the ameneties mentioned are part of the milestone awards programme many of us earned through loyalty.It would appear that the evasive woman in charge hasn,t a clue about the Silversea cruising business.The future in her hands does not bode well.Great shame that all the wonderful staff on the ships are represented by such an incompetent lair of senior management.

I also think that this possible attempt at scrapping the Venetian Society program and paying an annual benefits fee does play into the marketing of Silversea to a younger demographic. After all, I would guess that the greatest number of Venetian Society awards such as free laundry, 10% discounts, complimentary cruises, etc go to mostly AARP members. After all, the “DINKS” don’t have the time to invest 100 days at sea to get free laundry but they do have the money to pay for it upfront.

If they have the money to pay for the laundry up front, then let them pay for it! Offer a all-in laundry package. After all, there's a discount for lots of internet, do the same for laundry.

But don't take away the frequent floater incentive.

And it is an incentive. We got to our 100 days in just over 5 years. And now that we are there, the 5% discount on future cruises is keeping me from looking seriously elsewhere.

Wipe out those benefits and you can bet I'll look elsewhere. My eye is already straying because of so many of the changes to the 'luxury' service. It's too bad because the staff/crew are so amazing but management is driving me nuts.

Seabourn is giving many of these benefits free to past passengers based on number of days sailed.

Here's my question for Silversea:

How much would you be willing to pay me per year to book with Silversea as opposed to Seabourn or Regent or Crystal?

1. $5000

2. $10000

3. $15000

Ditto, Canadian Kate and everyone else.

The first part of the survey was encouraging, asking about your satisfaction with Venetian benefits, which of them are important to you, and what other loyalty benefits you might suggest. Then the bombshell questions suggesting a "premium benefits" package for a fee, threatening the whole concept of rewards for loyalty! As people who have always loved Silversea and have hundreds of days to prove it, we find this very disturbing.

I have read time and time again that SS personnel read the comments on this Forum. It is now apparent that if they do, they pay no heed to the advice given. They are about to go down the wrong road.

I have just booked the 2014 world cruise for the full 115 days only because of the over 100 days discount and now they are saying my loyalty is worth 100$.

Things had better change otherwise i am quite willing to start again on another line

sorry to rant must be in need of a holiday now where's that seabourn web page.

Regards

John

It is so, so disturbing that Silversea would even consider this approach. It's a sad indication that management has lost its appreciation for what the typical Venetian member brings to the cruise experience: a passionate loyalty and commitment to the line and sense of being "family." And for what the typical Venetian member expects: a true and equal luxury experience for all.

We always loved chatting with long-time passengers, hearing their happiness and pride in reaching the 100- or 250-day mark with Silversea. It was a real badge of honor. Now I guess people can just brag about getting special privileges simply by paying an annual fee. (We aren't top-level Venetians ourselves - we have 90 days - but we sure do respect those who are fortunate enough to have reached those levels.)

I guess the conference-room discussion was: "We need to appeal to a new, young base that wants top amenities but doesn't have the time to develop a long-term relationship. They can afford to pay for extra benefits, so let's treat them just like our 500-day Venetians! Wow, what a concept! So what if they sail infrequently and we have to work twice as hard to bring in more and more new people. We'll just come up with more pay-as-you-go giveaways!"

We used to be so very proud to tell friends that we only sailed on Silversea. Many booked cruises of their own. Now, I can't feel completely honest in describing Silversea as the best of the best. It's moving downscale while still charging the high luxury rates.

Like many of you, we're now looking elsewhere as we see the onboard atmosphere of earlier years eroding. Will Silversea be able to bring us back before it's too late and they're left with nothing but a transient passenger population that just goes to the highest bidder? The clock is ticking...

Yup. Got the survey and my answers were what the majority of the board answered. This is just awful and so disappointing. We will be doing a B2B in March and it may very well be our last.

PS: wripro, luv you. Wish I would have thought of that.:)

@ Seafairer, you nailed it with the younger generation. Remember, Ms. Ellen took her kids on board. I can just hear them saying, "Mommy, we need this, we need that. I'm bored". Welcome to luxury Disney. And they will not be upfront on the direction they are going. Seriously considering cancelling our cruise. :mad: Too much $$$ to be crapped on. Sorry for being so blunt. Hope I didn't offend.

YES! Rather silly, shallow survey. Then at the end, the survey company that Silversea hired pitches you to waste more time taking other surveys. Double stupid!!

Does not seem that Silversea values people's time or intelligence very much.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

For details and visuals, etc., from our July 1-16, 2010, Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise experience from Copenhagen on the Silver Cloud, check out this posting. This posting is now at 91,106 views.

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

Well from everyone's responses, I'm glad to see that I'm not alone in thinking that SS is definitely going down the wrong path.

I luv SS and although I haven't enough days (yet) to get the free laundry and extra 5% discount, I was looking forward to that day. :)

Now I'm not so sure and am disappointed that some moron in Head Office would actually be thinking along these lines. What happened to all inclusive, this survey screams pay, pay, pay. :mad:

Cheers

Jennifer

P.S. Marcie, u didn't offend me:)

Archived