Laundry on Marina

2kiwis

How is it possible to even consider a cruise without first digesting the brochure?:eek::eek:

People keep telling me that they do read the deck plans...

Thank you for the information

The deck plans we have here "down under" don't show the laundry

How is it possible to even consider a cruise without first digesting the brochure?:eek::eek:

We are long time Oceania Cruisers (10 X 25 day+ cruises) but this is our first cruise on Marina, and as stated in the earlier email the plans we have here didn't show the laundry.

FYI, the location of the laundry on Riviera may differ slightly from those shown on the O-class deck plans.

When we had the pleasure of sailing on Riviera last year I noticed that the laundry on our deck was not exactly where the deck plan said it was (hm, this may suggest that I could spend *less* attention to the deck plans?).

On Riviera, all the laundries have their doors on the port corridor - left as you face the front of the ship, or the one with even numbered cabins/suites. The laundries are more parallel to the corridor (rather than going all the way across).

Here's what I wrote down at the time:

Riviera Deck 7, the laundry room door is at cabins 7030/7032 (slightly astern of the deck plan location)

Riviera Deck 8, the laundry room door is at cabins 8032/8034 (barely forward of the deck plan location)

Riviera Deck 9, the laundry room door is between the doors to cabins 9030/9032 (slightly astern of the deck plan location)

Riviera Deck 10, the laundry room door is between the doors to cabins 10018/10020 (as shown on the deck plan)

Riviera Deck 11, the laundry room door is across from cabin 11000 (as shown on the deck plan)

FYI, the location of the laundry on Riviera may differ slightly from those shown on the O-class deck plans.

When we had the pleasure of sailing on Riviera last year I noticed that the laundry on our deck was not exactly where the deck plan said it was (hm, this may suggest that I could spend *less* attention to the deck plans?).

On Riviera, all the laundries have their doors on the port corridor - left as you face the front of the ship, or the one with even numbered cabins/suites. The laundries are more parallel to the corridor (rather than going all the way across).

Riviera Deck 7, the laundry room door is at cabins 7030/7032 (slightly astern of the deck plan location)

Riviera Deck 8, the laundry room door is at cabins 8032/8034 (barely forward of the deck plan location)

Riviera Deck 9, the laundry room door is between the doors to cabins 9030/9032 (slightly astern of the deck plan location)

Riviera Deck 10, the laundry room door is between the doors to cabins 10018/10020 (as shown on the deck plan)

Riviera Deck 11, the laundry room door is across from cabin 11000 (as shown on the deck plan)

Thank you very much - that is really helpful

Cheers

I have to ask, not to be rude, but were you so bored on this cruise to not only write this down, but to actually seek this information out in the first place? ;):)

babysteps - I have to thank you, not to be rude, for taking the time on your cruise to gather information that is useful to others. We very much appreciate your doing so.

I take it this little quip is a dig at me Mary Ellen! Totally unnecessary and your first sentence doesn't make sense anyway! You obviously did not notice I finished up my comment to baby steps with a ;) and a :). Anyway, how could I be mean to someone whose favourite health food is bacon? :D

babysteps - I have to thank you

Anyway, how could I be mean to someone whose favourite health food is bacon? :D

No worries everyone, at least not from me ;)

Actually, the spouse was a bit under the weather a couple days so this kept me on the stairs & out of his hair for a little bit.

Also, my grandfather was an engineer in the Navy...

And I did a report in 6th grade about being a travel agent, mostly because I found a deck plan that fascinated me - guess some things never change!

Having started this post I must say I was a little taken back by some of the comments I received. A long time user of cruise critic I have generally found everyone to be very helpful and pleasant.

Even when information is readily available to some, that doesn't mean it is necessarily available to all.

Surely one of the main reasons for this board is to be able to ask and receive information in a friendly and safe environment. Users of the boards, particularly new users, will be reluctant to ask questions if they receive sarcastic and unhelpful comments, which defeats the whole purpose of cruise critic.

Again, thank you very much to those who provided the information.

Happy cruising

No worries everyone, at least not from me ;)

Actually, the spouse was a bit under the weather a couple days so this kept me on the stairs & out of his hair for a little bit.

Also, my grandfather was an engineer in the Navy...

And I did a report in 6th grade about being a travel agent, mostly because I found a deck plan that fascinated me - guess some things never change!

Thank you babysteps for taking my comments with good grace :). You sound like you would have made a great travel agent!

You know why waste time in a laundry room, let your cabin person take care of it. It's not that costly and they do a great job. Enjoy the time you have, vacation like a pro![/i] :D

It wasn't about doing laundry but wanting to be in a stateroom away from the noise of the laundry :)

It wasn't about doing laundry but wanting to be in a stateroom away from the noise of the laundry :)

2kiwis - I asked the exact same question before we chose our suite and I was assured by our TA and reassured from reading through posts here on CC that noise would not be an issue - even if you were right opposite the laundry room.

Hope this may help. :)

You know why waste time in a laundry room, let your cabin person take care of it. It's not that costly and they do a great job. Enjoy the time you have, vacation like a pro!

I prefer to do it MY way then I know if I ruin an item I am to blame ;)

I have sent my sweaters out but otherwise I do not mind using the laundry room

To each his/her own

The cost is minor in time & $

Lyn

2kiwis - I asked the exact same question before we chose our suite and I was assured by our TA and reassured from reading through posts here on CC that noise would not be an issue - even if you were right opposite the laundry room.

Hope this may help. :)

I hope it will be better on Marina as it has laundries on each floor and I suspect they will be better air conditioned/quieter etc.

The smaller R ships only have one laundry for the whole ship and the laundry was so hot all the time people kept the door wedged open.

I guess I am more concerned about it because I had friends who were opposite the laundry and they got really fed up with the noise and congestion

When you are on longer cruises (we tend to only do 30+ days) I think it is important to make sure you have a stateroom you are comfortable in as it is a long time if you are not.

Cheers.

I hope it will be better on Marina as it has laundries on each floor and I suspect they will be better air conditioned/quieter etc.

The smaller R ships only have one laundry for the whole ship and the laundry was so hot all the time people kept the door wedged open.

Cheers.

I never really noticed it being hot but I do not spend much time in the laundry room

I usually put the load in go off & do something until a few minutes before the time should be up on the machine then go in put the stuff in the dryer & off I go

Timing is everything.... sometimes it can be busier than others ..I just go back at another time if the machines are all full

I am sure it will be fine & if you do want to sit in the room they have a T.V. to entertain you

I guess I am more concerned about it because I had friends who were opposite the laundry and they got really fed up with the noise and congestion.

That's interesting, because our first Renaissance cruise was directly the laundry on Regatta (then the R2) and we liked the location so much that we booked it again later. Back then we were never bothered with noise and congestion, and we couldn't hear a thing inside our room even when people WERE crowded in the hall (and that was only one time).

But Renaissance and Oceania may have the same ships, but they weren't the same cruise lines.

Mura

Archived