Walking into Port Everglades

frogandtoad

I thought I'd read that there have been some people who have done this and stated it was quite easy to do. On the flip side, is it possible to walk OUT of Terminal 2 to 17th Street? Sure seems like everywhere we have been that has been an option when we were docked in a major port. Please explain..........thx!

No...Use a taxi both ways...you won't be sorry you did as this really isn't a pedestrian friendly way to get in and out of the port...Lot's of traffic and would really be a lot of unnecessary walking.

I understand people are trying to be helpful, however Royalcruz posted that construction is in the SW area of the port and the terminal (#2) I was referring to is in the NE corner-- and yes, I know this is a huge port area.

I've never seen a cruiseport in an urban setting that didn't have a walking access for use--especially near the access points to major roads/hotels/etc.

So--is this prohibited by the port? Can someone who has done it weigh in this? Especially people who used Terminal 2 to get to or from 17th? TIA. :)

So--is this prohibited by the port? Can someone who has done it weigh in this? Especially people who used Terminal 2 to get to or from 17th? TIA. :)

Another thing to consider - are you absolutely certain that your ship will be at Terminal 2? While that is Princess' 'home' terminal, when multiple Princess ships are in port (Saturdays and Sundays plus possibly other days of the week) only one can be at terminal 2 and the others are spread throughout the port.

We're thinking about walking to Terminal 2 in Port Everglades from our hotel on 17th St. Is it possible to walk through the security checkpoint on Eisenhower Blvd. off of 17th St. and get to Terminal 2?

My question is why would you want to haul your luggage to the cruise port by walking?:confused:

Oops, I'm not Frog and Toad, but this is where we come down on 'why?'..........We do not travel with much luggage and walking is a travel mode we use all the time. It's our preferred option. So, yes, if we had more than carry on's we wouldn't be asking this question. IF you travel lightly and walk frequently.......it's the preferred way to go for us. :)

We're thinking about walking to Terminal 2 in Port Everglades from our hotel on 17th St. Is it possible to walk through the security checkpoint on Eisenhower Blvd. off of 17th St. and get to Terminal 2?

We have never done this, but reading all the responses, it looks like you are allowed to walk into the port area and to your ship. After that, it's really only a decision you can make once you are at the hotel and see the way the port is set up.

Just like experiences on the same cruise can vary from one cruiser to the next, I'm sure the same holds true for walking to your ship. Looks like a number have done it with no problem. So, if you're up to it, by all means, enjoy the walk and the fresh air.

We have often walked in and out of the port to/from Terminal 2. It's very easy to do--you need to show ID when you're entering. We have been on back-to-backs on Princess and used the turn around day in Fort Lauderdale to go shopping on 17th Street. It's what the crew does, too! We also travel very lightly with carry-ons. We're leaving on a cruise on the Emerald in a few days and intend to walk to the ship from our hotel on 17th Street.:)

I have walked the route when the van didn't show up for over an hour. It is not a pleasant walk, but not unsafe. There is sidewalk most of the way, except closest to the gate. Traffic is bumper to bumper, not fast moving. Somewhat industrial, no shade. I did not carry my bag. We had parked at "Luxury Parking", what a horror story, lost keys, two hour waits for the valet. Avoid them. Best wishes.

Thanks to all for your responses. I wanted to find out if anyone had done it before. Looking at Google, it appears that there are sidewalks and it's not that far from the hotel. I realize that my ship may not be at terminal 2 but we'd check that before doing it. We've walked dragging luggage before, so this wouldn't be the first time. Depending on the weather we may or may not do it. Thanks again.

Just wanted to let people know this is the response I got from Port Everglades when I sent an email asking about walking to Pier 2.

"Yes, you may come in walking to Port Everglades' Terminal 2. You must show your cruise documents and photo ID at the Eisenhower/17th Street Security Checkpoint and then proceed to Terminal 2. Please be aware of possible traffic coming in and exiting from the North-port Area. We suggest that embarking passengers do not come in to the port before 11:00 a.m. to allow the debarkation process be completed."

Archived