Prices of drinks not that bad!!

DT1304

Perhaps it is just that living in Australia things are excessively expensive, but I really did not find the drinks prices all that high on my recent Radiance sailing.

Soft drinks at $2,50 a can. Beers at $5,50 a bottle. Cocktails at around $7,50 each, inclusive of tip.

In Australia, those prices are much cheaper than I would expect to pay in any bar or restaurant. Obviously I would pay less at a supermarket, but I am comparing to restaurants. In Melbourne I would pay around $3,50 a can for soft drinks and around $6-$7 for a beer.

Perhaps it is just that living in Australia things are excessively expensive, but I really did not find the drinks prices all that high on my recent Radiance sailing.

Soft drinks at $2,50 a can. Beers at $5,50 a bottle. Cocktails at around $7,50 each, inclusive of tip.

In Australia, those prices are much cheaper than I would expect to pay in any bar or restaurant. Obviously I would pay less at a supermarket, but I am comparing to restaurants. In Melbourne I would pay around $3,50 a can for soft drinks and around $6-$7 for a beer.

Honestly I tend to agree - not saying they're dirt cheap, but drink prices on our recent Oasis sailing are really no different than what one would find at a typical bar or restaurant (and maybe a bit cheaper than some places).

Same here in Canada - we don't have the luxury of cheap booze... A 12pk of Corona will run about $26... Bottles of wine that have the potential to make you go blind are $12-15... The litre bottle of Grey Goose I pick up onboard for about $30 would only get me a pint here... I actually think that other than the DOD onboard drinks are cheaper :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes you are correct if your from Australia! We were shocked when we went over! Your red wine is my favourite! I was shocked how expensive it was. I get it cheaper over here. ( just paid £3.25 for Yellowctail on offer)

For us we find it a tad expensive especially the wine! We get a decent bottle when out at about £12/15

It also depends on exchange rate. It was ok a few yrs ago when we were getting 2/1 ;)

As cocktail drinkers, we love the prices.

In Canberra, even at a licensed Cafe (nothing fancy) we pay $15 for a cocktail it it only has maybe 2 nips of spirits and lots of softdrink, milk etc. On Caribbean ships you pay $7or $8 and get massive amonts of alcohol and a bit of mixer. Then you only need 1 or 2 so even cheaper!!!!!!!

Scared to think what a Long Island Iced Tea would cost here....but not $8.00.

I want to be back on board!!!!!!

Raina

:D

I was also happy with the drinks prices on board of our Oasis trip in November. Next cruise will be on the Liberty in the Western Med starting from Barcelona. Does anybody know if the drinks prices are the same on the cruises in Europe? Are the prices also in USD?

Yes you are correct if your from Australia! We were shocked when we went over! Your red wine is my favourite! I was shocked how expensive it was. I get it cheaper over here. ( just paid £3.25 for Yellowctail on offer)

For us we find it a tad expensive especially the wine! We get a decent bottle when out at about £12/15

It also depends on exchange rate. It was ok a few yrs ago when we were getting 2/1 ;)

Canada

Yellowtail Shiraz

around $13/bottle

£9

Last year I picked up Yellowtail at Walmart in FL for our pre-cruise stay on sale for $4.97 and there were $2 coupons :)

I was happy :D

As a Swede the bar prices onboard is very reasonable.

If I go out I usually pay $11-15 for a cocktail.

A beer is usually $7-9 depending on brand and if its draft or bottle.

A soda is usually $2,50-4.

Of course it's cheaper if we buy at the liquor store and bring home. All liquor stores in Sweden is called Systembolaget and are owned by the government.

A bottle of Absolut Vodka, a swedish made vodka, is around $34.

A six pack of Corona Extra is like $14.

I have no trouble at all with RCI bar prices. :cool:

I was also happy with the drinks prices on board of our Oasis trip in November. Next cruise will be on the Liberty in the Western Med starting from Barcelona. Does anybody know if the drinks prices are the same on the cruises in Europe? Are the prices also in USD?

Hi the drinks are the same price "HOWEVER"............ i fthe ship does not go outside the EEC spain add another 8% tax to everything you buy on board, therefore instead of 15% grats they work out at 23% be careful which itineary you chose Carol

I guess it depends on where you live. I find that the cocktail and wine prices are comparable to restaurant prices in our area. Beer prices are a little higher. Soda prices are considerably higher. A $2.50 restaurant soda here will be much larger and offer free refills.

Does it seem to anybody else that the drinks are stronger at the beginning of the cruise? Maybe it's just me...

Yup... and the first G&T I made when I got home seemed to have much weaker gin in it... cruise ship gin must be made of stronger stuff! ;)

We were pleasantly surprised with the drinks prices on our last cruise. Yes, wine was expensive, so I stuck to the occasional glass in Vintages, but mainly to G&T's. I was impressed that Bombay Sapphire gin wasn't priced at a higher premium to Gordons and Beefeater.

The price was comparable to a decent bar or hotel in the UK, and the measures were considerably larger!

Although, since my last cruise I have discovered frozen strawberry daiquiri's, so I suspect those are going to be my drink of choice for our upcoming cruise... :)

Hi the drinks are the same price "HOWEVER"............ i fthe ship does not go outside the EEC spain add another 8% tax to everything you buy on board, therefore instead of 15% grats they work out at 23% be careful which itineary you chose Carol

I believe this is why a lot of Med cruises include a stop in Gibraltar! Which is probably another reason that the Spanish hate it so much!

It is the opposite for me, the city I live in is student based, so bars are generally very cheap. The prices on board are nearly twice what I would usually pay. Then again I am not looking to get drunk on a cruise, so I don't mind paying more for a fancy cocktail, especially some of the frozen ones :D

I never get the spirit and mixers though, I don't like paying $6.50 for a rum and coke when I can pay less for a double at home.

I find the prices quite good value especially considering the quality/strength of the drinks compared to what i pay at home.

In the town where i stay we can get a beer for $4, bottle of wine $16 upwards and a spirit with mixer $5 but if we go to a city the prices sure do jump up considerably :eek:

Plus im on holiday so it's an excuse to splurge a little and i do love a mango lava flow by the pool :D

A 12pk of Corona will run about $26

WHAAAT ? :( :(

FYI, for our local grocery store, prices for this weekend:

Corona, Dos Equis & Heineken, all at $19.97 / 18pk

OK... comparing a grocery store to bar prices ANYWHERE is apples/oranges.

I can go to the grocery buy steaks, salad items, side dishes, apples, flour, spices, etc. for about 1/3 of the cost of going out to dinner for a 3 or 4 course meal.

Compare bars to bars. The prices are fairly close.

Yeah, but aren't all the drinks in Australia giant sized like the can of Foster's?

Archived