Our 25th Anniversary!

SadieC

OK it's booked!!! A 25th Anniversary 12 night cruise to the Mediterranean (Italy, Greece, Turkey) in September 2013. Any advice? Never cruised to this area before, but this is cruise #4 on Celebrity. Booked a C1 aft cabin on the Sky Deck-yes, I'll take my chances with the soot, but the view was too hard to say no to. We are avid west-coast boaters who very much enjoy all aspects of sea life. Would very much appreciate any "special touches" or "must" to-do's for this special cruise. ;) Any advice is so very welcome!

Which ship? Where are you sailing from? I would look into seeing Cinque Terre in Italy if you are going to be near there. We had a tour booked and had to cancel when the five picturesque towns were so damaged by the floods in 2011. Check the ports of call on CC for the places where you are going. Also join the roll call for your cruise and maybe there will be some tours you can join.

Have dinner brought to your cabin some night as you sail away. An aft is very special and eating on your deck is awesome.

Happy 25th anniversary in advance. Our first cruise was to celebrate our 25th and it, too, was in the Med.

We did a similar cruise in 2011 for our 25th! If your cruise is going to Istanbul, take the time to read up on how easy it is to do on your own... the trolly system never stops for traffic, & it's probably the most amazing place I've ever seen!

Second advice is start budgeting for future Med. cruises, because it is addicting!:D

Thanks everyone! We're sailing on the Equinox out of Barcelona. Any suggestions for hotels there (Barcelona)? I think we might start celebrating and checking out the sights early!:D

Port sare Rome, Naples, Santorini, Myononos, Kusadasi Turkey, Malta and Piraeus Greece--not sure if that is the order. Never been to any of the ports but very much looking forward to seeing the sights and tastes of the area.

First of all, Congrats - 25 years is a great accomplishment! We had ours a couple of years ago! You will love this trip. We did a similar cruise for my 50th and it was fantastic.

The weather in September was great... warm enough to swim in the Agean, not too hot at the Acropolis.

Here is our review of each day with photos(click the tab for the day you want to see). Feel free to ask questions

http://mutiwindstar.shutterfly.com/

First let me offer my congratulations! My husband and I celebrated 25 years last summer on the Solstice to Europe. We had a great tour in Rome. We used Rome in Limo, they are fantastic. We used AP Tours in Naples and went to Pompeii, Sorrento and Positano. It was wonderful. Whatever you choose to do you will enjoy yourselves, Celebrity will see to that!

We are doing a 12 day on the Equinox out of Barcelona in June - same ship but different itinerary. We are celebrating our 40th on July 1 - will be in Rome that day so I'm sure we can figure out something special to do.

Hi Sadie. Forgot to mention that we are going into Barcelona a couple of days early and staying at the Hilton Diagonal Mar Barcelona. It is supposed to be near the beach and fairly easy access to the sites. I must admit I'm diamond with Hilton so they tend to be our default choice and nearly always get treated very well.

Number one thing to NOT do for your 25th anniversary cruise?

Well, for starters, don't take your two college aged girls along for the trip knowing that as engaged young ladies it will be the last "family" trip just the four of you. Because.......... when you go to the theatre on the "Newlywed Game" night, and it's your actual 25th anniversary THAT DAY, your girls will stand up and in front of all 1000 of your new best friends, and announce that you should be on stage so that you can embarrass the heck out of yourself.

On second thought, go ahead and do it --- and then proceed to embarrass the heck out of THEM with your answers.

Seriously, congratulations. We survived that (as did the girls) and will have #37 this year. We're now talking about taking the grandkids on a cruise.

Going to a specialty restaurant would be my #1 choice, on the last formal night. You're going to be on a cruise, so really there isn't much more to say - the whole cruise will be special. Just find some extra special time and maybe book a couples' massage and get some special flowers for the room.

OK it's booked!!! A 25th Anniversary 12 night cruise to the Mediterranean (Italy, Greece, Turkey) in September 2013. Any advice? Never cruised to this area before, but this is cruise #4 on Celebrity. Booked a C1 aft cabin on the Sky Deck-yes, I'll take my chances with the soot, but the view was too hard to say no to. We are avid west-coast boaters who very much enjoy all aspects of sea life. Would very much appreciate any "special touches" or "must" to-do's for this special cruise. ;) Any advice is so very welcome!

Congrats for your 25th , check out the roll call for the cruise an dmaybe get to go on some of their organised excursions.:D

Archived