Everything ROYAL PRINCESS: What are you looking forward to MOST of all?

dmwnc1959

I followed this thread and it is great that it continues..opening a new thread for future cruises is a real challenge after this thread.

I was looking at the incredible aft picture of the Regal, and I have read back so many pages on this thread as well as the live thread..and I still can't find an answer to what is that white partition between Dolphin and Emerald deluxe aft balconies? We have D729 and D731 this January. Center aft balconies on Caribe, and going up seem to have an extended balcony area. Hopefully we will be able to open the bulkhead between D729 and D730.

Any light shed on this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Maybe not a real LIVE thread, but since I get the Platinum internet minutes now I may do a something with updates during the B2B cruises. That way those who follow after for the holiday cruises can be up to date as well.

Platinum minutes????? What the heck!! for all you do to promote Princess cruises, their ships and amenities, I'd think that the lease Princess could do for you is offer UNLIMITED minutes for you online enjoyment and PROMOTION! Rai! Where are you????

Platinum minutes????? What the heck!! for all you do to promote Princess cruises, their ships and amenities, I'd think that the lease Princess could do for you is offer UNLIMITED minutes for you online enjoyment and PROMOTION! Rai! Where are you????

Really....agree

I followed this thread and it is great that it continues..opening a new thread for future cruises is a real challenge after this thread.

I was looking at the incredible aft picture of the Regal, and I have read back so many pages on this thread as well as the live thread..and I still can't find an answer to what is that white partition between Dolphin and Emerald deluxe aft balconies? We have D729 and D731 this January. Center aft balconies on Caribe, and going up seem to have an extended balcony area. Hopefully we will be able to open the bulkhead between D729 and D730.

Any light shed on this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Guess you didn't read back far enough! :) (and with the length and depth of this thread, that is NOT a surprise!:D) It seems that this space is the end of the hallway (inside the ship) and where it ends is space used by crew to use for their various needs. It is NOT accessible to guests! So don't plan any excursions into that area! ;) Hope this helps, and any further posts on this topic can only amplify what I've remembered from eons ago!

so if I'm reading that right they have extended the hallway into the balcony space ? Does it have a door or something on it? I can only imagine the genius thought process to extend the hallway an extra 9' to accomodate a broom closet. Wonder how much that square footage cost?:eek:

From certain angles it looks like there is some depth to the area from the balcony side. Oh well we will hopefully be able to open the partition between D729 and D730.

Thanks for the feedback..and happy sailing~

Standard balcony cabin size on Ruby Princess is 168 square feet. Standard balcony cabin size on Royal Princess is 166 square feet. Standard deluxe balcony cabin size on Royal Princess is 177 square feet. Interestingly, standard interior on Royal is 166 square feet, while only 160 on Ruby.

What's my point? All of this complaining about cabin sizes seems misguided. I know some may miss their caribe large balconies. I never had one, so won't miss it.

Just curious. Where did you find the size of the standard balcony on the Royal? I've checked Princess site for the Royal and the Regal and couldn't find any information. I even called Princess and they didn't have it.

Just curious. Where did you find the size of the standard balcony on the Royal? I've checked Princess site for the Royal and the Regal and couldn't find any information. I even called Princess and they didn't have it.

Well, I used this site, and it looks updated.

http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/Main/decks.php?ship=Royal%20Princess%20III

I am concerned about smokers going to deck 16 far aft to smoke. We are supposed to be on deck 15 aft. This is what I read an area all the way aft, high on deck 16 are the places for smokers to go. Otherwise, there is no smoking in any part of the ship, including staterooms and balconies. I would like to hear from someone in M724 about this.:confused:

I am concerned about smokers going to deck 16 far aft to smoke. We are supposed to be on deck 15 aft. This is what I read an area all the way aft, high on deck 16 are the places for smokers to go. Otherwise, there is no smoking in any part of the ship, including staterooms and balconies. I would like to hear from someone in M724 about this.:confused:
I believe there is smoking allowed on the starboard aft section of the Promenade Deck.

I believe there is smoking allowed on the starboard aft section of the Promenade Deck.

I just wondered if being on deck 15 aft we will be bothered by smelling smoke above us on 16 aft. Thanks: confused:

Smoke drifts up not down! You should be fine

You can also get the details of each individual stateroom from the Princess website. If you select a cruise and go through the booking process (don't worry you wont need to actually book) when you get to select a stateroom as you click onto the stateroom you are interested in the details of the stateroom are shown including in most cases the size of the balcony. Hope this helps. Anne

We were on the Ruby for a very similar itinerary July last year!

We went to Monte Carlo/Monaco though and in reverse so we started in Venice and ended in Barcelona

Warm to really Hot weather, great ports, great ship

Im sure it will be a great trip on the New Royal wish I was there because it is so cold here in Australia this time of the year!

Cheers Everyone!

Oh good, thats a good use of the space, i hope it has an anti slip surface, im sure it does.

Is there any real wood decking on the royal or is it all that nasty printed stuff.

Whether it's due to SOLAS regulations I don't know but it's probably not real wood. However I read a funny quote once on another forum I believe that the average cruiser of today doesn't give a tinker's dam about the deck being teak, synthetic compound resembling wood, plasteak, linoleum, or whatever. They just want to be on a cruise ship, have fun, be entertained, and eat well. ;)

One of the very first pictures I've seen of the fountain area being turned into a 'wet zone' for kids and passengers...

9115133900_9a39d9ba73_o.jpg

(Credit Nosvamosdecrucero)

Looks like the kids will really enjoy that, possibly more so then the pool! Great pics of the Promenade aft as well! I might have to turn a page or two back there with a nice glass of wine! :)

One of the very first pictures I've seen of the fountain area being turned into a 'wet zone' for kids and passengers...

9115133900_9a39d9ba73_o.jpg

(Credit Nosvamosdecrucero)

Now that looks like a whole lot of fun, even for us adults and a great way to use the space in hot weather.

I've read the somewhat blah cruise critic reviews of the Royal's shakedown trips. But that's what shakedown cruises are for - to identify and fix the problems.

I will be more interested in reviews after the cruise that begins today (June 23) ends.

While I'm here - does anyone have comments on the S5 forward suites. All of the Princess material shows the three suite categories as having the same characteristics, differing only in location. I suspect that is not correct so I'd appreciate photos, comments, etc. Thank you.

Archived