Lido Last night Lobster?

Kay240

We usually complete our cruises with a dinner at the Pinnacle Grill; this way we avoid both the MDR "festivities" and a menu that DH doesn't like. We just returned from the Prisendam where we spoke with a couple who had just had "all you can eat" lobster in the Lido!:D Can we expect this on the last night of every cruise? (or on the night after the last Formal Night, when lobster tails are always served)?

We need to know when to schedule our Pinnacle Reservations for our next cruise! Thanks for your comments.

We usually complete our cruises with a dinner at the Pinnacle Grill; this way we avoid both the MDR "festivities" and a menu that DH doesn't like. We just returned from the Prisendam where we spoke with a couple who had just had "all you can eat" lobster in the Lido!:D Can we expect this on the last night of every cruise? (or on the night after the last Formal Night, when lobster tails are always served)?

We need to know when to schedule our Pinnacle Reservations for our next cruise! Thanks for your comments.

The Prinsendam is not a standard HAL ship - it does follow the rules per se of other HAL ships. What is offered on it is not necessarily offered on other ships. Yes, I have seen all you can eat lobster on the prinsendam - I have seen tremendous buffets on that ship where you choose what you want and they cook it to order. I haven`t seen any of those things on the other HAL ships. Don`t count on an all you can eat lobster buffet on the last night on the other ships.

The Prinsendam is called the Elegant Explorer for a reason JMVHO though - and yes, I would still book the PG for the last night.:)

Kazu is an expert on the Prinsendam.

Prinsendam has her own rules and being a smaller ship they can cater to people more than the ther ships do.

You won't find lobster in the Lido buffet on the last night on the other ships.

And this also varies by ship -- there is not always lobster in the Lido on the last formal night. There is no predicting which ship you will see them in the buffet on that last formal night.

We always book the Pinnacle for the last night (or Tamarind if we are on a Signature ship) because we also do not like the last night's menu.

Haven't seen crab legs or peel and eat shrimp at lunch on any HAL ship for the last few years.

It's been quite a while since we've seen the shrimp or crab legs.

Many cruises since.........

On the second to last day of our October Med cruise we got an invitation to a Commonwealth brunch. Being no star Mariners we had no idea what to expect. Let me backtrack a bit and say it was the Nieuw Amsterdam. There were 2 big trays of crab legs and 2 big trays of shrimp....not peel and eat but ready to go jumbos like they give for the appetizers. Ok I'll admit I went crazy, they were just all there for the taking. I assumed they were leftovers from the MDR but it didn't stop me. There were also big trays of clams and mussels......

I've only had dinner in the Lido two times on all my cruises. Lately, I haven't wanted to eat in the MDR the last night because I don't like the menu. I usually give out tips the night before and book Pinnacle for the last night.

I don't recall ever seeing those...must have been before "our time" on HAL!

We used to enjoy those wonderful lunches about 5 years ago and before that. ......... mussels, large shrimp, crab, clams, lobster tails were included once or twice.......... Delicious.

On the second to last day of our October Med cruise we got an invitation to a Commonwealth brunch. Being no star Mariners we had no idea what to expect. Let me backtrack a bit and say it was the Nieuw Amsterdam. There were 2 big trays of crab legs and 2 big trays of shrimp....not peel and eat but ready to go jumbos like they give for the appetizers. Ok I'll admit I went crazy, they were just all there for the taking. I assumed they were leftovers from the MDR but it didn't stop me. There were also big trays of clams and mussels......

We had a lunch of that sort at aft pool Maasdam on Canada/NE cruise that was so great. They had the shrimp, mussels, crab claws and it seems to me lobster tails and were grilling salmon and steaks. We hadn't read about it in the Daily Program and just happened upon it while we were deciding where to go for lunch with the other couple we were traveling with. We would have been SO disappointed if we heard about it later. :eek: That was one of the best lunches ever on a HAL ship but been years since we had it.

What a treat to offer that now and then perhaps on the more costly per diem cruises.

We also enjoyed a Mediterranean buffet lunch they set out at Lido Pool with lamb, orzo, shish ka bobs, hummus, tzadiki, pita, Greek treats........ SOOOO good. We only experienced that twice through the years but it was wonderful.

What is a Commonwealth Brunch?

I've only had dinner in the Lido two times on all my cruises. Lately, I haven't wanted to eat in the MDR the last night because I don't like the menu. I usually give out tips the night before and book Pinnacle for the last night.

We have been doing the same thing for years. We started going to the Pinnacle (or Tamarind) on the last night when HAL started the Master Chef dinner and now has the International dinner. And we always make certain that we pass out our tips the night before.

Archived