What's up with Brilliance?

fleckle

Does anyone know what is happening with the Brilliance of the Seas cruise for May 14, 2013 out of Southhampton?

There were plenty of cabins available a few days ago, but it has been showing as N/A for a couple of days now, in all categories, even though it is far from sold out.

That usually happens when they are doing maintenance and it goes back to normal within 24 hours, but not this time.

Called Royal Caribbean and the agent did not know what was going on either (or claimed not to know) but just said it is possible that they may be changing the itinerary or making other plans for the ship for that time frame.

TIA

Here is a old report. It mentions 2 other ships that will be porting from South Hampton during that time frame. It also says that Brilliance will be porting from Harwich from May 2013 forward.

cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=4820

Does anyone know what is happening with the Brilliance of the Seas cruise for May 14, 2013 out of Southhampton?

There were plenty of cabins available a few days ago, but it has been showing as N/A for a couple of days now, in all categories, even though it is far from sold out.

That usually happens when they are doing maintenance and it goes back to normal within 24 hours, but not this time.

Called Royal Caribbean and the agent did not know what was going on either (or claimed not to know) but just said it is possible that they may be changing the itinerary or making other plans for the ship for that time frame.

TIA

May 14 is actually the first cruise after dry dock. Since we are already mid January I highly doubt it is a charter. Maybe she's going to stay longer in dry dock than originally planned

May 14 is actually the first cruise after dry dock. Since we are already mid January I highly doubt it is a charter. Maybe she's going to stay longer in dry dock than originally planned

That could be a possibilty.......

This would be a bummer as I am booked on this cruise. I will keep

an eye on it.

I thought Brilliance was sailing out of Harwich not Southampton in 2013. The two RCI ships sailing from Southampton are Adventure and Independence. I only know this because weve booked on Adventure in June

The cruise mentioned is the first post-dry dock (hopefully!) and repositions to Harwich.

This cruise is no longer listed on the RCCL website. Now I'm worried

again. I had been told that due to the revitalization that new

deck plans had to be drawn up,that everything was as

scheduled. Now I'm not so sure.

Anybody?

On cruisingpower (travel agents booking system) it showed Brilliance arriving in Southampton on May 12 then departing on your cruise 14 May ending in Harwich.

I was hoping they would do a 1 or 2 night post revitalisation inaugural.

These dates look up in the air now. I'll let you know if anything changes.

This cruise is no longer listed on the RCCL website. Now I'm worried

again. I had been told that due to the revitalization that new

deck plans had to be drawn up,that everything was as

scheduled. Now I'm not so sure.

Anybody?

There are new deck plans for Brilliance -- Here are the current deck plans: http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/ships/ship/decks/deck/home.do?shipCode=BR

And here are the plans for after the drydock: http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/ships/ship/decks/deck/home.do?shipCode=BR&shipProfile=1507&sailDate=1130527

A quick glance shows me that cabin numbers aren't changing and that any new cabins will have new numbers. They seem to have learned their lesson after the Rhapsody debacle.

And speaking of learning lessons... I was supposed to be on the first sailing of Rhapsody after her drydock and my cruise ended up getting cancelled because they extended the drydock. The compensation that Royal gave me was more than fair, but lesson learned... I'll be very wary in the future about being on the first sailing after a drydock! :eek:

Called the Crown and Anchor representative and asked about the May 14th Baltic cruise. She did not know anything about changes to the cruise. She said our reservation is still in the system. She said she had "no clue" why the cruise is no longer showing on the web site and why the reservation is gone. Her final suggestion is call your travel agent.

Next call will be to TA. Hope they know more than RCCL!

Called the Crown and Anchor representative and asked about the May 14th Baltic cruise. She did not know anything about changes to the cruise. She said our reservation is still in the system. She said she had "no clue" why the cruise is no longer showing on the web site and why the reservation is gone. Her final suggestion is call your travel agent.
This is really pathetic when the cruise has been showing as N/A for nearly a week now and yet the Crown and Anchor people do not know (or claim not to know) what is going on.

Each person at RCI seems to tell a different story.

As of 1:30 pm today EST the last agent who answered the phone stated that the cruise is showing Code Red and that Code Red means one of 3 things:

#1- it is sold out

#2- they are doing inventory

#3- it has been chartered

#1 is extremely unlikely because they had plenty of available cabins left before they shut it down last week.

#2 does not seem plausible - shutting it down for almost a week to do inventory and removing the reservations from passenger accounts?

Which leaves #3 -- unless there is yet another reason.

I wonder why they can't give out consistent information.

Worst of all is that they have not even notified the passengers already booked on the cruise who likely have also booked airline flights, hotel reservations or private excursions.

Passengers should not have to find out that their cruise has gone "poof" by signing into their accounts and noticing that a reservation that had been there for months is now suddenly missing, with no explanation given. :eek:

This is really pathetic when the cruise has been showing as N/A for nearly a week now and yet the Crown and Anchor people do not know (or claim not to know) what is going on.

Each person at RCI seems to tell a different story.

As of 1:30 pm today EST the last agent who answered the phone stated that the cruise is showing Code Red and that Code Red means one of 3 things:

#1- it is sold out

#2- they are doing inventory

#3- it has been chartered

#1 is extremely unlikely because they had plenty of available cabins left before they shut it down last week.

#2 does not seem plausible - shutting it down for almost a week to do inventory and removing the reservations from passenger accounts?

Which leaves #3 -- unless there is yet another reason.

I wonder why they can't give out consistent information.

Worst of all is that they have not even notified the passengers already booked on the cruise who likely have also booked airline flights, hotel reservations or private excursions.

Passengers should not have to find out that their cruise has gone "poof" by signing into their accounts and noticing that a reservation that had been there for months is now suddenly missing, with no explanation given. :eek:

Per another post (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1768504) this sailing has been cancelled. Being that this is the first cruise post-drydock it is likely that the drydock has been extended. :(

I would guess that the passengers for this sailing will start to be contacted within the next day or so to tell them all of the available options. :confused:

Hello Anita and Mo,

How do you all continue to get caught up in these confusing cruises? We love Brilliance, however we can't sail in May.

We have Navigator in 11 days (Mardi Gras and Super Bowl), and after that a few Monarch and Enchantment cruises. MN's final sailing is 3/29, wish you were there! Serenade for Christmas and then Legend for Valentine's Day 2014. Would be great to sea you on board sometime soon!

Best to Moses. Tell him to make shore to keep those trains on time!

Happy New Year!

Rick and Deirdra

Hello Anita and Mo,

How do you all continue to get caught up in these confusing cruises? We love Brilliance, however we can't sail in May.

We have Navigator in 11 days (Mardi Gras and Super Bowl), and after that a few Monarch and Enchantment cruises. MN's final sailing is 3/29, wish you were there! Serenade for Christmas and then Legend for Valentine's Day 2014. Would be great to sea you on board sometime soon!

Best to Moses. Tell him to make shore to keep those trains on time!

Happy New Year!

Rick and Deirdra

Yes, don't we just have the worst luck? We were just on the

Navigator. Say hi to Taggart for us. We will be on the Jewel

next week and Enchantment in Feb. Moe says hi.

Anita

The lastest on this cruise is that it is now at least posted on

the RCCL website but no prices yet. Details are yet to follow.

Cruise is still going but departing 15th and bruuge has been dropped from itinerary. How do royal compensate paying passengers for

1:- loss of a day/night

2:- loss of a port

3:- inconvenience

4:- to make us happy again

I'll be waiting for my phone call from TA but i have sent an e-mail to rci, venting my opinions on poor customer service.

Cruise is still going but departing 15th and bruuge has been dropped from itinerary. How do royal compensate paying passengers for

1:- loss of a day/night

2:- loss of a port

3:- inconvenience

4:- to make us happy again

I'll be waiting for my phone call from TA but i have sent an e-mail to rci, venting my opinions on poor customer service.

Hello Strawberry. If you check the 'roll call' thread for this cruise, others are starting to get information from their TA's or RC stating what alternatives you may have. It's a place to start while waiting for your TA to return your call.

Sorry for your inconvenience!

Brig

Archived