Irons?

id4elizabeth

There is a self-serve laundry on every passenger cabin deck. Every laundry room has irons and ironing boards at no charge. They aren't used very often so they are usually free.

As said, irons are not allowed in cabins and will be confiscated. It's a safety issue as the biggest fear on a ship is fire, not weather or waves.

I decided long ago not to iron my clothes prior to packing - was hit or miss anyway regarding wrinkles depending on the beating my luggage took from the airlines. Now, the first day on the ship - I give everything I want ironed to the steward, with instructions to just press - not wash - and the next night, my clothes magically appear, hung up, pressed, and I am a happy girl. It also keeps my stress level down during the packing process. The cost is minimal and they do a nice job.

It's much easier to get to use the iron in the laundries than it is to get a machine or dryer.

Is this right, but I seem to recall reading this some years ago? Take a small sprayer and mix a minute amount of fabric conditioner with water, and spray the clothes that you would usually iron. Don't saturate, just lightly moisten and hang to dry.

The wrinkles that packing create just disappear.:D

It's much easier to get to use the iron in the laundries than it is to get a machine or dryer.

Is this right, but I seem to recall reading this some years ago? Take a small sprayer and mix a minute amount of fabric conditioner with water, and spray the clothes that you would usually iron. Don't saturate, just lightly moisten and hang to dry.

The wrinkles that packing create just disappear.:D

I suppose it would depend a little bit on the climate, but it should work effectively.:D

The first thing I do when we're unpacking is take all the clothes which are unacceptably wrinkly nd go throw them in the dryer with a wet face cloth. The laundry rooms are always deserted on embarkation afternoon and in 30mins all of our clothese are fresh and wrinkle-free effortlessly!

Rolling clothes when you pack as opposed to folding also helps. :p

I have been on 10 or more cruises and I have never ironed anything nor even thought about doing so. I am on vacation and I can't seem to care if some of my clothing is a bit travel wrinkled.

My dress clothing for dinner are garments that do not wrinkle:o

I have been on 10 or more cruises and I have never ironed anything nor even thought about doing so. I am on vacation and I can't seem to care if some of my clothing is a bit travel wrinkled.

My dress clothing for dinner are garments that do not wrinkle:o

I'm with you! I cannot recall the last time I ironed any article of clothing. I try to avoid buying things that need it and am not picky about things being perfectly pressed. I also roll my clothes when packing, which really helps.

We often have the balcony door open to get the fresh air and also the climate.:D

And also adversely affecting the climate in neighboring cabins for when the balcony door is left open, the AC system for a group of cabins is affected, not just your cabin.

Archived