Labadee, The best port ever. Pics too...

whitshel

Nellies looks crowded! Maybe it's just because there were 2 ships in that day..

Is there any recommendation for a bit of seclusion without renting a cabana or being in a suite??

One of the things we love about Coco Cay is how easy it is to find a place away from the masses...

Love the pics by the way...

As for the food, we did eat at the buffet at barefoot beach, but i really didn't think it was all its hyped up to be. The steaks were great but the seafood skewers had no shrimp, just some cuts of fish and veggies. Don't get me wrong, it was still good but i guess i was expecting more.

Plus the line to get the food was pretty long and moved very slow. As far as we knew there was only 1 area for the buffet and they kept running out of things so you had to finish going through the line but wait til the things you wanted were ready. For example before all 10 of us went through the line they ran out of hamburgers, seafood skewers, jerk chicken and potato salad. So we all had to wait a lil more to get things we wanted. They never did replenish the jerk chicken or potato salad. We got to the line right at 12:30 so maybe we just hit it during its peak....

Waiting in line, hey but were happy just to be there...

IMG_1053.JPG

IMG_1055.JPG

Sorry no food pics.... back at the ranch more relaxing...

IMG_1061.JPG

And drinking....

IMG_1154.JPG

And reading...

20130111_115757.jpg

And picture taking...

20130111_163411.jpg

Hey to each his own, but I would much rather be a little secluded and with my family than to be down with the masses where I doubt we would have been able to find shade and sun and 10 loungers together. But that's just me tho....Oh and not worry that the guy next to us is 300lbs and wearing a speedo...:eek: Haha....jkjk:D

Darn it I forgot to attach the pic of Nellie's....

IMG_1046.JPG

I used to LOVE Nellies Beach, but I don't think I could ever justify the $ for the cabana....:( are you " allowed" to be on that beach if you don't rent a cabana? Very curious! Back I. The day we'd get off the tender and hike to Nellies..... Very quiet, no one was willing to walk that far!

Yes Nellie's is open to the everyone.....

Now for the pics of the zip line and jet ski tours we booked. Oh that's right they were both canceled. That darn wind... oh well I guess we'll have to come back...And yes Willie will take you anywhere you want to go, he took us to the zipline area and then back to the cabana, over to the shopping area and back to the ship. Just ask your attendant and he will call them to come pick you up.

Our attendant was Rolex, seemed to be pretty young but got us anything we wanted. As I started to order a beer and a coke etc I had the bright idea to order 2 so he didnt have to go back and forth so much then I thought, DUH we have a cooler so I ordered 4 at a time made both of our lives easier....he was in charge of both cabanas, there were basically 4 couples and our 2 kids, each couple tipped him $20 hopefully that was fair.

Ok, just a few parting shots of this great port of call....

The Atlantic side

IMG_1113.JPG

The Indy

IMG_1115.JPG

IMG_1116.JPG

IMG_1117.JPG

IMG_1193%2520%25282%2529.JPG

IMG_1192%2520%25282%2529.JPG

if we have a group of 13 but 7 are children can we get just 1 cabana for the adults since the kids will just be playing on the island all day or is there a limit to the number of people in the cabana?

Don't no, thats a tough one. It has a limit of 6 but no one really watches. I would think if all 13 of you weren't in the cabana at one time it would be ok. We actually had a few different people use our stairs for photo opps, to get out of the water and to look for something they lost. One guy even came from behind the cabana to take a pic at the top of our stairs so I don't think they monitor it very close. You only get 6 wrist bands for the upgraded buffet tho.

Ok, I did forget a couple but this is to just show what some people will do for fun. As we were packing up and taking our few last pics we thought we noticed someone jump from one of the hillside cabanas so my daughter zoomed the camera on it and yup, here is his friend....One for the money,

Two for the show.....

IMG_1175%2520%25282%2529.JPG

Three to get ready.....

IMG_1176.JPG

And four to go........ (you can see him in the butt of the ship)

IMG_1177%2520%25282%2529.JPG

IMG_1178%2520%25282%2529.JPG

Great picture taking Shelby.....

Hope you all enjoyed our lil trip to Labadee...:D

We've rented a hillside cabana on our upcoming cruise. Were any of those numbered cabanas considered hilltop, or were they all over the water cabanas? Did you get a chance to see any of them? We are looking forward to having a place a bit away from the crowd and hoping for an awesome view of the mountains rather than the cruise ship. Any suggestions on which # of cabana I should be asking about?

Thanks for the AWESOME pictures!!! Makes me sooo happy, happy, happy!!! :D:D:D

We've rented a hillside cabana on our upcoming cruise. Were any of those numbered cabanas considered hilltop, or were they all over the water cabanas? Did you get a chance to see any of them? We are looking forward to having a place a bit away from the crowd and hoping for an awesome view of the mountains rather than the cruise ship. Any suggestions on which # of cabana I should be asking about?

Thanks for the AWESOME pictures!!! Makes me sooo happy, happy, happy!!! :D:D:D

If you rented one of the hillside cabanas at Nellie's then one of them is the one that the jumper is on. That one has the best view of the mountains. There is a second one that is just around the corner from that one that you cant see, it has more of a ship view.

Here is quick pic...

IMG_1329.JPG

Barefoot beach I cant help you with, sorry....

Thank you so much for your help!! I guess you don't know what the number is on the jumper cabana? How would be the best way for me to describe it to the person in charge of assigning the cabanas? I appreciate your advice! I could not be happier that I was able to reserve on of these! :D

Thank you so much for your help!! I guess you don't know what the number is on the jumper cabana? How would be the best way for me to describe it to the person in charge of assigning the cabanas? I appreciate your advice! I could not be happier that I was able to reserve on of these! :D

We actually had one of these booked at first but then our other family booked the cruise so we canceled it and got the 2 over the water ones. Either would be great. I would tell the concierge that you want the one closest to Nellie's beach. Hopefully he/ she understands...

We actually had one of these booked at first but then our other family booked the cruise so we canceled it and got the 2 over the water ones. Either would be great. I would tell the concierge that you want the one closest to Nellie's beach. Hopefully he/ she understands...

Thanks!! You have really been awesome! Thanks for having the patience to answer my questions! :)

WOW...your pictures are awesome:D Hope it is ok if I post the link

onto my roll call. We are going to Labadee in April and I know some

of us are renting cabanas too.:)

Whitshel, thanks for your pictures! I have rented one of the overwater cabanas for our April cruise. I thought $250 for the day was a lot, but your pictures really sell it for me and I now know it was money well spent! Can't wait for our Labadee day...private island days have always been our favorite!