Cabin Advice needed quickly, please

rlmorrow13

Currently have Constellation #7203 (CC, aft balcony) and could even exchange for Sky Ssuite #8121 for our cruise. I know this is handicapped cabin and no, we don't need it, but it has been released due to nearing sail date.

What would you do?

Currently have Constellation #7203 (CC, aft balcony) and could even exchange for Sky Ssuite #8121 for our cruise. I know this is handicapped cabin and no, we don't need it, but it has been released due to nearing sail date.

What would you do?

I'd go for the aft and save the handicapped cabin for someone that would need it. Aft views would be great!

Monica

You will get differing opinions as some people love the aft cabins. For me personally, I would grab the suite. It is in a great central location, which will have less motion if that matters to you. As it is handicapped, it will be bigger than most Sky Suites I believe (have never stayed in that room but most handicapped rooms are around 1/3 bigger). I think the balcony will therefore be bigger as well, but again, have not stayed in that particular room. I would not worry about saving it for handicapped passengers truthfully. I believe in never grabbing those cabins inappropriately, but once Celebrity releases them it means that anyone can book them so I don't see that one has to feel any remorse in booking them at that time. From what I have read, most posters who book handicapped rooms due to necessity tend to book the rooms earlier as they are limited. Faking necessity to book earlier is another story altogether. My opinion.

What would you do?

Go for the Sky Suite. We had a guarantee suite on the Summit. We got a handicapped sky suite. At first, I was not happy, not knowing exactly what to expect. However, we were surprised how nice it was! Much more drawer and counter space then the CC cabins. Also the bathroom was very large! Not very fancy- but huge. We were near an elevator, and again I worried- however it didn't disturbe us at all. A very quiet cabin and well located near the elevators. We had a wonderful butler that helped make the trip very special. Move quickly!

Go for the sky suite! We love the S class sky suites and their corner aft location, but we have stayed in them on the M class and it's wonderful. You will love all the extra space in your room so be prepared to always want a suite (we made that "mistake" once and now it's all we book).

Blu would be another reason. Space available of course, but in 4 cruises we've never been turned down. It's open seating and you won't have to worry about it. We thought it would be just an "option" for our dining at night, but it turned out we love it so much better than the MDR.

If it's an even trade for the suite, go for it!!!!

We stayed in a handicap sky suite on the Connie on a TA in May (double knee replacement). The cabin had 2 chairs instead of a sofa, a larger higher table and the cabin space is larger to allow for wheelchairs/scooters. I didn't find extra storage space as compared to a CC cabin. Balcony was no where as large as the aft on M class. The bathroom was very large, no step up either into the room or into the large shower. No storage under the sink, taken out for wheelchairs. We would roll a towel along the edge of the shower on the floor to catch the water, not a problem. Armando our butler was fantastic.

We stayed in a handicap sky suite on the Connie on a TA in May (double knee replacement). The cabin had 2 chairs instead of a sofa, a larger higher table and the cabin space is larger to allow for wheelchairs/scooters. I didn't find extra storage space as compared to a CC cabin. Balcony was no where as large as the aft on M class. The bathroom was very large, no step up either into the room or into the large shower. No storage under the sink, taken out for wheelchairs. We would roll a towel along the edge of the shower on the floor to catch the water, not a problem. Armando our butler was fantastic.

We had Armando on the Summit two years ago. He was wonderful! I guess he moved to the Connie as he wasn't on the Summit last summer.

Personally I'd stay put in 7203. The space on the balcony is much more usable and huge. The wake view is great. You'll pay an extra gratuity for the butler in the Sky Suite which may be worth it depending upon how much you use him. One of the nice things about a Sky Suite over a standard cabin is that it has a bath tub, but you won't get that in an accessible cabin, but rather a roll in shower.

It does depend very much upon how much time you will spend out on the balcony versus the cabin. You'll have more traffic around the area of 8121 as it is central and right next to the elevators.

Phil

Thanks to all for the advice. Decided to take the suite and got 8127. Be assured that we would never ask for a handicapped cabin when we don't need it but our cruise is in approx 10 days and these were unused and therefore released. This is our first Sky Suite.

We have sailed in aft cabins before and we have enjoyed the large size of the veranda and the wake view. I struggled with the decision a little but decided this is an opportunity to experience the "suite life." The only additional cost was $30 for the butler gratuities. When we booked this cruise it was in celebration of my birthday and our upcoming 25th anniversary, but then my father suddenly passed on January 1st and we will be scattering his ashes on this cruise.

Now you can go to one of the sites that shows all the available suites for your cruise (cannot publish the name of a site due to CC rules). If you see another suite in the same category (S1?) that you booked, you can phone Celebrity or your TA and switch. We switched from a veranda to an accessible S1 on a huge price drop and asked to be switched to a non-accessable. I had identified a vacant cabin that I wanted and =X= switched gladly.

Now you can go to one of the sites that shows all the available suites for your cruise (cannot publish the name of a site due to CC rules). If you see another suite in the same category (S1?) that you booked, you can phone Celebrity or your TA and switch. We switched from a veranda to an accessible S1 on a huge price drop and asked to be switched to a non-accessable. I had identified a vacant cabin that I wanted and =X= switched gladly.

I guess I don't understand.... are you suggesting that the OP ask Celebrity to move them from the accessible SS to a regular one?

If so Why? Neither is booked so who cares? It's not like parking in a handicap parking spot at the mall three days before Christmas.

That was the last open suite on this sailing. The rest are sold out, although there are a lot of regular cabins still available on it.

Betsy, have tried to figure out which website you are referencing, but I am still lost. Could you please email me the website that shows all available cabins that are still available without violating the rules? Wouldn't mind changing to regular sky suite from accessible if available. Thank you! rlmorrow13@comcast.net

Robin

I'd love to be able to do that, Robin, but according to CC Guidelines (link near the top of the page), this is not allowed:

This means you should not ask about someone's travel agent, nor should you respond in kind. Offering to email someone your travel agent's name or info is also not allowed, nor is asking members to email you for the information.

What is your sail date on the Connie? Is your suite an S1? I can look it up for you and post available suites in the same category. I think that would be within the guidelines, as I wouldn't post the TA site the information came from.

Betsy

Oops, just realized that wouldn't help as you have the last available suite. The best option would be to go to the Celebrity website and do a pretend booking for your cruise. Check the suites category. If anyone cancels a reserved suite in the next ten days, Celebrity would probably put it back into inventory. Good luck!

Betsy

Archived