Review w/ Pictures of the Splendor's last cruise to the Mexican Riviera

Cuizer2

How did your TV remote work? If it worked well you can thank me. :D I had that exact cabin (9226) for the Dec 9th sailing and had nothing but trouble with the original remote in the cabin so I asked for a new one. They brought me the one I see in the safe in your picture and it worked great. ;) Enjoyed your review!

Edit: Was "Arty" your room steward? He did a FANTASTIC job for us.

I don't remember the name of the room steward (but he was great) and I hated the remote. I figured I had to push the button three times for every successful reaction on the TV. Of course sometimes it worked on the first try and sometimes it worked on tenth try.

Using the interactive TV was another headache. To enter my folio number I had to use the direction keys - it would not allow me to enter the folio number using the number keys.

As far as I am concerned, that remote was lucky to survive the cruise in one piece.

What a terrific introduction to the ship we will be meeting in Valparaiso in three weeks. Thank you very much.

Have a great cruise.

Thank you for sharing your cruise. Loved the pictures. We were just in Cabo in Nov on our way to Panama.

You are both welcome.

I don't remember the name of the room steward (but he was great) and I hated the remote. I figured I had to push the button three times for every successful reaction on the TV. Of course sometimes it worked on the first try and sometimes it worked on tenth try.

Using the interactive TV was another headache. To enter my folio number I had to use the direction keys - it would not allow me to enter the folio number using the number keys.

As far as I am concerned, that remote was lucky to survive the cruise in one piece.

LOL, I'm sorry to hear about the remote. ;)

LOL, I'm sorry to hear about the remote. ;)
I did not see anyway to open the remote. It must have batteries. Does Carnival throw away the remote went the batteries die, or is there an external way of charging the batteries?

I did not see anyway to open the remote. It must have batteries. Does Carnival throw away the remote went the batteries die, or is there an external way of charging the batteries?

I am guessing every remote on the splendor must be the same. Our remote took the same three attempts to function also. I was able to open ours and get to the batteries but the steward said he would replace them.

I am guessing every remote on the splendor must be the same. Our remote took the same three attempts to function also. I was able to open ours and get to the batteries but the steward said he would replace them.

I see a golden opportunity to go running around the ship changing everyone's TV station, or at least every third person's TV station. :D

I guess we don't have to worry about the air conditioning not working... what's up with the ski hat going into the dining room? :eek:

Looking at that picture, I have to say that CA cruisers are much more casual than NY/NJ cruisers. I can't say that I've ever seen a group waiting for dinner on a cruise out of NY dressed that casually. Not that everyone is dressed up - but definitely more pants and less jeans and shorts. And definitely no ski hats :D

The bathroom (there seems to be someone hiding in the shower ...

I love your little quips. Makes for a very entertaining review! I think you would be a hoot to share a dinner table with...

Our family just got off the Splendor in July, enjoying seeing her from someone else's perspective.

Nice...is that a fisheye lens or a panorama? Are you shooting with a D5000?

That photograph is actually two or more photographs stitched together. My widest lens is 16mm. I am using a Nikon D5100. So the 16mm is actually a 24mm in full frame 35mm terms.

Edited by Cuizer2

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks for the great review!! I am going on the Splendor in a few weeks and was a little nervous after reading some of the reviews. Loved the pictures and it seems like a great ship!!:)

We were on the same sailing with Cuizer... the Splendor is a great ship and she will be missed in SoCal :)

i was also a little nervous about the Splendor since so many people seem to have not so good things to say about it. but then again, it's our first cruise and i am positive that it will not disappoint us at all! especially when i read reviews from people who loved it.

Thanks for the great review!! I am going on the Splendor in a few weeks and was a little nervous after reading some of the reviews. Loved the pictures and it seems like a great ship!!:)

i was also a little nervous about the Splendor since so many people seem to have not so good things to say about it. but then again, it's our first cruise and i am positive that it will not disappoint us at all! especially when i read reviews from people who loved it.

Wow, I'm surprised you found this review. I figured after two weeks it was buried somewhere on page 152. I'm glad you enjoyed it. Enjoy your cruise.

Wow, I'm surprised you found this review. I figured after two weeks it was buried somewhere on page 152. I'm glad you enjoyed it. Enjoy your cruise.

Ya know, when you write some of the best reviews going, people will find them :)

Sign me,

A fan

Our family just got off the Splendor in July, enjoying seeing her from someone else's perspective.

I agree, although your perspective was nice also! I love all your photos, pyroguy; they brought back many happy memories!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thank you so much for posting your photos and providing details of your cruise. My wife and I are sailing on the Splendor on July 4th out of New York City and heading to the eastern caribbean for our 25th anniversary. This is only our second cruise and we are looking forward to it. Your photos gives us an idea of what to expect.

Thanks again.:)

My cabin is down here somewhere ...

AB1_zps6b833712.jpg

Cabin 9226 ...

AB2_zpscb65b121.jpg

AB3_zpsfc826a3f.jpg

My balcony ...

AB4_zps06ecd16b.jpg

AB5_zps4553db4d.jpg

I hung up one of the towels so I could identify my balcony ...

AB6_zps32db5d40.jpg

We are on this deck in July. Was noise from the Lido an issue?