Ship's excursion, prepay ?

cirman52

Have never had the need to book a ship excursion with Royal before & not sure how to do it.

1) Book thru my TA ? or on line ?

2) If I pre book, do I have to prepay ? I'd rather not, I have obc to use.

3) If I have to prepay & then need to cancel, is it refundable ?

I have only booked 2 ship excursions before & they were with other lines.

Not sure if Royal has a different policy.

thanks.

Have never had the need to book a ship excursion with Royal before & not sure how to do it.

thanks.

You can book Royal excursions yourself (no need for TA) online, but that will charge your credit card immediately. If you want to use OBC, wait and book on board.

You can cancel excursions booked online and get a refund, but there is a minimum number of days in advance required, which escapes me at the moment.

If you want to cancel online before boarding, it's 4 days before departure date to get a refund to your credit card. You can cancel onboard also, but your refund is issued as OBC.

If you want to book a popular or limited excursion, it's best to do it before you sail to make sure you get the excursion and time you want. If you prefer to wait, make sure that you are at the excursion desk as soon as it opens on the first day to book.

OP - I assume you didn't like your cruise with Holland America based on the name you gave Westerdam in your signature.

You have 24 hours from the time of the excursion to cancel without penalty. I know this from personal experience (I split my head open 12 hours before leaving on a cruise, and couldn't cancel online, when to the explorations desk to cancel and they said I was just within the window before I would have been charged)

You can wait until you are on the ship, however you may not get the excursion you want, so it is a risk you take if you want to do it that way.

Yes you do pre-pay when booking prior. You can utilize your TA for that or DIY online.

You have 24 hours from the time of the excursion to cancel without penalty. I know this from personal experience (I split my head open 12 hours before leaving on a cruise, and couldn't cancel online, when to the explorations desk to cancel and they said I was just within the window before I would have been charged)

You can wait until you are on the ship, however you may not get the excursion you want, so it is a risk you take if you want to do it that way.

Yes you do pre-pay when booking prior. You can utilize your TA for that or DIY online.

On board 24 hours prior to the excursion is correct to cancel without penalty - we've done it as well.

I believe the distinction that kyriecat is making is that it needs to be done 4 days in advance of departure to have the credit issued directly to your credit card. They are saying that on board and by 24 hours prior it is issued as an OBC.

thanks.

Royal makes you pay immediately for excursions and dining reservations. You need to pay with your CC at time of reservation and you dont use OBC. I agree it is a pain, especially if you have a large OBC.

You do get money back if you need to cancel

OP - I assume you didn't like your cruise with Holland America based on the name you gave Westerdam in your signature.

What's not to enjoy, being 56 then, I was the youngest on board by 25 years, :)

No, we did enjoy HAL, just my fat finger getting the best / worst of me.

Archived