Booking flights from UK - US Airways any advice please?

DaisyDoo246

Good information, except you definitely did *not* fly US Airways to Australia. Was it a codeshare on a United aircraft? US Airways doesn't have anything in their fleet capable of flying between the West Coast and Oz...they would have a Captain Sully incident into the Pacific if they tried ! :D

Duh - you're right. :) They both start with "U" - does that count?

Refer to seatguru.com for the best seats you can chose and the entertainment and food options for the planes on that route.

seatguru is run by the same company as this website, and it's really handy.

Unfortunately, for many airlines it's becoming increasingly out of date and unreliable.

We've just flown with Us airways from Manchester to San Juan via Philadelphia. Last year we flew Virgin. We thought Us were good although we had read poor reviews. Seat pitch was bigger than virgin and therefore more comfortable. Food usual airline fare although we had to pay for it on the Philadelphia to San Juan leg. In flight entertainment trans Atlantic good but nothing available on the other flight.

We would definitely US airways again but not this route to the Caribbean.

We are looking to maybe book Heathrow to San Juan via Philadelphia with them for December as it seems very well priced. Can I ask why you wouldn't use this route again and what would be your preference next time? It would save us about £600 over cruise company's flights.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

Have you visited seatguru.com lately? Completely overhauled.
I hadn't seen the new interface, but I notice that looking at the information for the airline I know best (BA), there's still a substantial number of aircraft configurations completely missing. I think this situation hasn't changed from the old interface.

We are looking to maybe book Heathrow to San Juan via Philadelphia with them for December as it seems very well priced. Can I ask why you wouldn't use this route again and what would be your preference next time? It would save us about £600 over cruise company's flights.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

BA was running a Direct flight from LGW with a stop in Antigua last year..... brilliant ride. Worth a look?

Hi Daisydoo,

We are flying US Air next month (march) from Dublin to Fort Lauderdale (via Phillie) so I will let you know what it is like.

I understand that there are no seat back TV screens from Dub to FLL as its on an older 767, but I have my tablet to keep me occupied.

Let you know by end of March, if you can hold out on buying the tickets till then :eek:

Hi Daisydoo,

We are flying US Air next month (march) from Dublin to Fort Lauderdale (via Phillie) so I will let you know what it is like.

I understand that there are no seat back TV screens from Dub to FLL as its on an older 767, but I have my tablet to keep me occupied.

Let you know by end of March, if you can hold out on buying the tickets till then :eek:

That'd be great, thank you.

• 1 month later...

Ok, flew US Airways to FLL last week and returned this week. a tale of two flights....:eek:

Outwards (Dub - FLL) was fine. departed a bit late because of a small mishap by an executive jet in Dublin, but almost made the time up by PHL even though we had to 'splash and dash' in Bangor, Maine. Earphones were distributed free and wine and beer was also free.

Return: uggggh. night time flight had cabin lighting trouble. No overhead reading lights and after the 'dinner' service they just turned off the lights:eek:

Food was vile.

head sets and wine, beer was payment by credit card!

Archived