Middle Aged Drama Queen Goes BIG: Solo & Last Minute on the ALLURE!!!

KansCocoa

... ...Please tell my how I can find your previous adventures! Your references have lured me in. I would additionally like to find Gambee's, as you have mentioned it several times... ...

Hello Vince,

The famous 5 stars review of gambee is here for your reading pleasure

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1737751

Warning! It's 73 pages, and still counting...:)

Enjoy your cruise!

Hello Vince,

The famous 5 stars review of gambee is here for your reading pleasure

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1737751

Warning! It's 73 pages, and still counting...:)

Enjoy your cruise!

Thanks for the link. DW will be real happy to find out that I have more "reading" to do about the cruise. KansCocoa had me reading her post when I was supposed to be removing wallpaper from the kitchen wall. I finally got the wallpaper removed and JUST walked in the door with paint. I think you may have save me for another evening or so. If it's 73+ pages, I might be able to stretch this out until the cruise if I read reallll slow. Thanks again.

Edited by vince5251
I hope that was "Michael"; thought I saw that on the link!

Hi Sherri or anybody else that could answer :D,

Great trip reports. I read all of them.

I'm so sorry to intrude. I'm about to book a cruise for March 2nd 2014 on the Allure of the Seas. This trip report got me too excited. But I'm wondering about the weather. We went on a cruise at the end of October (27th), just after Sandy, and it was a little chilly when we left Orlando on the Disney Fantasy (which was totally fabulous by the way). The weather really improved as we moved South (even on the way back). So I'm afraid that March might be a little chilly also. We were in Turks and Caicos last March and the weather was between 75 an 80oF. My idea of a vacation is to go to the beach and to the pool and I think 75oF is a little chilly. And since Sherri went on a cruise in January, she might know a thing or two about the weather. I also booked a med cruise on the ncl epic in July but I now would have preferred going on the liberty OTS after reading about the trip report on the freedom... decisions decisions!!

I'm also looking at a June 2014 cruise on the Allure (it is a bit more pricey and tooooo far away, but hey if the weather can be warmer). And hubby wants to go back to Turks and Caicos :confused:, so I really need good arguments to be able to book the Allure in March!

So I'm afraid that March might be a little chilly also. We were in Turks and Caicos last March and the weather was between 75 an 80oF. My idea of a vacation is to go to the beach and to the pool and I think 75oF is a little chilly.

I'm also looking at a June 2014 cruise on the Allure (it is a bit more pricey and tooooo far away, but hey if the weather can be warmer). And hubby wants to go back to Turks and Caicos :confused:, so I really need good arguments to be able to book the Allure in March!

We have cruised several times in January. South Florida and the Bahamas are a bit of a gamble that early, but anything further south (St. Thomas, St. Maarten, San Juan, Turks and Caicos) is usually perfectly agreeable with temps in the low to mid 80s. March should be fine, and less of a gamble in Florida and Bahamas.

Amy

I read the first few pages of this review a while ago, but came back today to finish. Why?

Because I BOOKED THE ALLURE TODAY :D

After reading through this thread, I am completely exhausted. I've decided that I'm pretty much not scheduling much of anything for the Allure. I have one "must do" and that's it. Everything else will be go with the flow. I think I'd drive myself crazy if I had to plan out every day because I'm traveling with a friend who won't have the same priorities as I do. If I was going solo, I'd probably make a spreadsheet :D I'm sure there will be ample opportunity to sail on her again and again and again to catch up with anything I miss this time around :cool:

I loved reading this review and seeing all the pictures. I followed along with the Europe cruise as well. You are a great writer.

I'm so sorry to intrude. I'm about to book a cruise for March 2nd 2014 on the Allure of the Seas. This trip report got me too excited. But I'm wondering about the weather. We went on a cruise at the end of October (27th), just after Sandy, and it was a little chilly when we left Orlando on the Disney Fantasy (which was totally fabulous by the way). The weather really improved as we moved South (even on the way back). So I'm afraid that March might be a little chilly also. We were in Turks and Caicos last March and the weather was between 75 an 80oF. My idea of a vacation is to go to the beach and to the pool and I think 75oF is a little chilly. And since Sherri went on a cruise in January, she might know a thing or two about the weather. I also booked a med cruise on the ncl epic in July but I now would have preferred going on the liberty OTS after reading about the trip report on the freedom... decisions decisions!!

We did the Allure in March. Got in the water at Orient Beach in St Martin and it was WONDERFUL!!!

I guess it could be a gamble for March, but we had great weather and temps.

We've almost always cruised in March. The water in Labadee was always chilly, until you really got in and used to it, then it was great. Further south or west and the water was fine.

While in the Caribbean on the Explorer in December, we couldn't even go into the pool on board. Now that water was downright cold!

I wouldn't worry about it. Just have a great cruise!

Sherri, I think you may be needed in your home town soon. I think they are getting hit pretty hard with this lastest snow storm. Hopefully all is going well for you and you'll be home again soon. I think we are all having withdrawal from your review.

Take care, you are doing a great job and I am sure you are appreciated by all those you work with and for.

Gwen :)

Hi Sherri,

Can't wait for the rest of your posts. They have been so enjoyable to read. We went on the Allure for the first time last August of 12 and loved it. We thought we had seen everything until I read your review. You have shown us an amazing amount of things that we didn't see before. We loved her so much we have booked another cruise on her in Sept. of this year. Can't wait. I like the idea of not eating in the main dining room and can't wait to see your posts on what your eating itinerary was like. We love the other restaurants too. We did Chops, Rita's and Giavonni's. We ate lunch at the restaurant that's in the Solarium. We can't wait to try some of the others. Waiting anxiously for your next post. :):)

Sigh, everytime someone adds a thank you to Sherri this message string pops back to the top and I get excited thinking we are going to get more of Sherri's great writing. :( Then depression sets in to see it's not true.

DOH! Now I am doing the same thing. :o Sorry to get your hopes up everyone.

Bill

Sigh, everytime someone adds a thank you to Sherri this message string pops back to the top and I get excited thinking we are going to get more of Sherri's great writing. :( Then depression sets in to see it's not true.

DOH! Now I am doing the same thing. :o Sorry to get your hopes up everyone.

Bill

LOL! Yep. You did it to me again!;)

I hear silence. . . Sherri. Sherri. Are you there? Hope all is going as well for you as what your review is? This really is great and the anticipation is overwhelming.

I was wondering where Sherri is too. I hope all is well. She hasn't updated her blog since Feb. 18th. Really miss her. Hopefully, she is just busy and doesn't have the time or energy to post. I know her home town is having some weather issues too lately. I am sure we will hear from her soon.

Take care Sherri and will pick up this thread when I return from my cruise or before if you make it back here in time.

I was wondering where Sherri is too. I hope all is well. She hasn't updated her blog since Feb. 18th. Really miss her. Hopefully, she is just busy and doesn't have the time or energy to post. I know her home town is having some weather issues too lately. I am sure we will hear from her soon.

Take care Sherri and will pick up this thread when I return from my cruise or before if you make it back here in time.

She still doing volunteer work in New York for the Red Cross and will be for another week.

I have no idea how to copy and paste a blog in here but Sherri, our Drama Queen has a great one going and you can read all of her NY/NJ escapades and there are quite a few!

At one point I got her blog which was in her signature. Not sure it's there anymore. If not, someone please give me instructions how to post the link in here, if possible.

Sherri, you do great work and are an excellent role model to others, especially your very own Kling-ons!