Cancelling an excursion

You can cancel en excursion for a refund. I forget what the time limit is, pre-cruise. However, you can also cancel on board, up to 24 hours in advance, and they will credit your SeaPass account.

You can cancel en excursion for a refund. I forget what the time limit is, pre-cruise. However, you can also cancel on board, up to 24 hours in advance, and they will credit your SeaPass account.

Cancel by 4 days prior to sailing for a full refund credit to your credit card and 24 hours prior on board for a full refund posted as an OBC.

SIL was seasick day of excursion..... they refunded in full no problem.

Yes they will try to accomodate and may make exceptions based on situation. (had a situation once where we needed to cancel and it was with the 24 hours and they did it). But the "policy" is as stated and in general think it is best to book with that in mind.

First time cruiser and wondering if canceling an excursion after booking is a problem. If not, does it make sense to make the reservations and then cancel later if things change?

As others have said yes you can cancel with the above guidelines. One thing to make sure you are aware (many are not) is that when you book, you pay. So, just as long as you are ok putting the money out now go ahead and book. If you change your mind, or plans change you can get your money back within the guidelines.

As others have said yes you can cancel with the above guidelines. One thing to make sure you are aware (many are not) is that when you book, you pay. So, just as long as you are ok putting the money out now go ahead and book. If you change your mind, or plans change you can get your money back within the guidelines.

Good point. And the thought in booking ahead is that you have more opportunity with the excursions and times that you want, and avoid the lines to book on board and the possiblity of excursions not being available or not at the times you want (when multiple times are offered).

We too have to cancel our excursion for a cabana on Nellie's due to us being able to get a Cabana on Barefoot Beach - but due to needing to obtain a new credit card (old one was used to orginally book excursion) I was told if I cancelled now they would try to put on old Credit card - which would then bounce back since it's no longer valid and they would issue me a paper check. I didn't know how long it would take for them to send me the check so they advised me my other option is to wait until when we board & cancel it then & get the OBC.

Pat

We too have to cancel our excursion for a cabana on Nellie's due to us being able to get a Cabana on Barefoot Beach - but due to needing to obtain a new credit card (old one was used to orginally book excursion) I was told if I cancelled now they would try to put on old Credit card - which would then bounce back since it's no longer valid and they would issue me a paper check. I didn't know how long it would take for them to send me the check so they advised me my other option is to wait until when we board & cancel it then & get the OBC.

Pat

Enjoy Barefoot! BTW we're neighbors. (W.C.)

Hi Neighbor - and I think the cruise before yours is docking at Labadee on he same day as us.

Pat

Yeah I've seen that where two non-Oasis class ships have shared Labadee - and I think you are right about the cruise before ours (ours being 3/16). Good you have your Cabana at Barefoot set - assured of a great spot while there and away from the crowds. We were in H2 last time there and loved it. But they are all good and Barefoot is great. We used to go there and claim a spot before they did the suite thing with it. (pre-cabanas as well). Enjoy your cruise - we've sailed out of Bayonne on EOS twice and really enjoyed both. See ya around town.......

On the subject of cancelling excursions, if one was to cancel a cruise, i am assuming that if any excursions were booked for that crusie, they should be cancelled before cancelling the cruise itself? Or does it matter when?

On the subject of cancelling excursions, if one was to cancel a cruise, i am assuming that if any excursions were booked for that crusie, they should be cancelled before cancelling the cruise itself? Or does it matter when?

Good question, but one I've not had direct experience with. We have cancelled / rescheduled cruises but not with excursions paid that would need cancelling as well.

But my thoughts would be that as these are seperate charges to the cruise (and often including a third party to RCI) I would want to see those credits first on my card to be sure they are taken care of prior to cancelling the cruise.

Again just my thoughts and not based on experience. Hopefully someone else with experience can provide more info.

You can cancel up to five days before you sail, remember it can be a risk if the excursion is popular.

If you read the previous posts it actually is 4 days prior to sailing to recieve a direct refund on your credit card and 24 hours prior on board, at which point the refund is applied as an OBC.

Archived