Sunday Feb 10, Sail Away-Come Watch the 'Queen' of Horns and NA.

PathfinderEss

Oh my...

Sorry if this has already been posted, but I just read it on MSN.

http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/02/10/16917861-five-crew-killed-in-cruise-ship-safety-drill

Five crew members died when the cables on a life boat snapped and it landed in the water upside down. how horrible.

It was on Thomson Majesty.

The tragic news reminded us of the terrible accident with a Volendam lifeboat in Lyttelton Harbour, a crew member was killed.

Oh my...

Sorry if this has already been posted, but I just read it on MSN.

http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/02/10/16917861-five-crew-killed-in-cruise-ship-safety-drill

Five crew members died when the cables on a life boat snapped and it landed in the water upside down. how horrible.

It was on Thomson Majesty.

Very sad.

Well I will be here to join in watching the Westerdam sail away, but it will only be 8 pm here on the West Coast.

I'm with you all that there will not be alot of tooting tonight for the "Queen of Horns".

Ruby is on her way to start the parade off today.:)

Let's hope it's only 8PM for you. As crazy as things have been, maybe I'll watch her sail away as I get up tomorrow morning.

Roy

[quote name='aliaschief']Getting there thanks. If the medical diagnosis ended in "itis" we had it!:( Laryngitis, pharyngitis, bronchitis and to top it off conjunctivitis.[/quote]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4]You both have really had a bad ending to such a wonderful cruise.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4]Glad the medications are working and we are all glad to see you here.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='aliaschief']Getting there thanks. If the medical diagnosis ended in "itis" we had it!:( Laryngitis, pharyngitis, bronchitis and to top it off conjunctivitis.[/quote]

That's not a good way to end your cruising holiday.
Welcome back aliaschief.

[quote name='aliaschief']It was a great cruise on a great ship. We were fortunate that we got hit with the "South Amercia Super Crud the last day.[/quote]

Cruise crud can be real nasty. We got in on and RCI ship a couple of years ago, along with just about everyone else onboard!

Talking of RCI, there's a really neat photo on the Port Everglades webcam facebook site, of the pink boa girls on the shore waving to the pink boa ladies onboard the Oasis, at sailaway. Lou and Dave have a huge following on RCI as well as here.

I got cruise crud on my last cruise. Since I was staying in FL for one day, my plan had been to see some of FL. I spent it in the hotel room going from the bed to the balcony and back.

Sometimes when I travel I get the intestional crud because I eat about as discrimantely as a garbage disposal.

Archived