Silhouette Specialty Dining - Rank Em'

davesarn

Sailing on the Silhouette 2/24 with another couple and we're trying to plan out our specialty dining. From what I see, there are 4: Tuscan Grille, Murano, Lawn Club Grill and Qsine. Would love for past cruisers to post their thoughts on how they rank 1-4 (1 being the best on the ship). Looking for overall best combo of ambiance, service and food. Thanks!

We have our third cruise coming up in March on the Silhouette -- Here is the "Mac-O-Meter" take on all four of these alternative restaurants (Yes, we've eaten at all four):)

#1 Murano's -- upscale, great atmosphere, and my wife loves the cheese cart.

#2 Tuscan Grill -- excellent menu, great views, attentive service, and great value.

#3 Lawn Grill -- fun, over-priced, beef is tender but lacks flavor, great for the kids.

#4 Qsine -- quirky, fun if you have a group, good food, too much to eat!

All four restaurants are great, so you can't make a mistake here. Also try Bistro on Five and the Aqua Spa Cafe. Blu is unique and great and the MDR offers excellent food. Buffet is better than most.

Enjoy!

Kel

We were just on the Silhoutte last month and had a great time. Here is my take on the rankings:

1. Tuscan Grill - We liked it so much we ate there twice. The food, service and ambiance were great. Both nights we had a table for 2 right at the back windows overlooking the wake. The best veal chop I've ever had!

2. Quisine - We did not eat here on this cruise, but did eat here twice on our Summit cruise last year. It is a very interesting experience and a ton of food. Quisine is best if you have at least 4-6 people so you can sample more dishes.

3. Murano - We were supposed to eat here on our last cruise, but liked Tuscan Grill so much we decided to cancel this one. Murano is very elegant, but does not have any views of the water or outside at all. We have eaten here before and it was very good, if not a bit stuffy.

4. Lawn Club Grill - We ate here on our first night because they were offering a 20% discount. The food was good, but it does not have a lot of ambiance and it can get a bit smokey with all the grills running. The night we were there they were having all kinds of problems. The vent hoods weren't working, the TV's weren't working, and they couldn't get the music to play. I think this venue would be a smash hit for $25 per person, but at $40 per person, I would rather eat at one of the other 3 venues.

I hope this helps! :)

Murano--very upscale, rec. for a special Celebration, when you have alot of time, want a more formal ambiance, and if you are into fine wine & dining, elegant service ...almost too much food for one meal. Not planning on goin back on our March Silho cruise.

Tuscan-- a favorite we return to ... great salad & Steaks, sides & dessert, very good service & great aft view, esp if in the right spot for sunset... during the day for Elite tea, the room a sparkles!!!

Lawn Club Grill-- a fun outing..starting with the make it yourself (sort of) Pizza, great beef, the cookie for dessert.. we enjoyed it with a small group (6was perfect) The service was attentive... I would do it on a port night as it can get breezy up there...

Did not try Q-sine.. way too quirky for us...much prefer silk Harvest which is on other S class. ships

I agree with Kel on the Bistro, and we also like the panini place--got free coups from lawn Club grill for lunch up there...and of course BLU (if you are AQ or suite guests) which is our favorite home base eatery on S class!

Great question!

Did Murano and QSine on Silho last April on transatlantic. AT Murano had group of 4. Give yourself lots of time to enjoy the ambiance and huge quantities of superb food. Good for a romantic dinner for two.

Did Qsine with 8 on Silho and a group of 4 on Millenium. This is the most fun and quirky dining experience I have ever had but do not do as 2, definitely with others. Food was really good with unusual presentation which makes it part of the fun. There was one dish we had that no one liked on the Millie and it went virtually untouched after the first tastes by each of us....that was the meatballs. Cupcakes for dessert were fun as you decorated them yourself.

Did not do Lawn Club or Tuscan Grill (we were on our way to Italy for lots of Tuscan food there!) WE too got a 20% discount in QSine by eating there our first night on the ship. From my understanding this is standard in the specialty restaurants if you eat in them the first night.

Have fun!!! Shannon

Murano. Romantic dinner and upscale food and service

Lawn Club with friends. Interactive dining. Make you own flat read

Qsine fun with a group once in a cruise. Lots of food

Tuscan. Great food best view for dining on the Silhouette.

Not a bad choice. We just spent 30 days on the Silhouette.

Have fun

Chris

Lawn Club Grille-Loved the portions, and if you're a beef eater, I liked their cuts of beef better (have had filet at murano,tuscan and lawn club, and lawn club better by a mile). Also like that they were busy so they set up a private alcove for us to eat at

Murano-presentation and quality were great first time for lobster, second time lamb was a bit stringy

Tuscan Grille-Thought it was good but not great food wise, bit disappointed they took off the kobe style meatballs on the menu. Had the mushroom ravioli once, and the Scallop & Shrimp scampi

Qsine-Very gimmicky and fun, but does drive some people nuts. You make your order on an ipad, waiter comes over with a pen /paper and suggests/writes down/brings things you didn't necessarily want. If you go in with an open mind it will be fun, but we had two people (out of 8) get frustrated "I don't like going to a restaraunt them giving me a menu and then telling me they are bringing me something else instead"

1) Tuscan Grille - great food, lovely atmosphere, not too stuffy

2) Murano - great food (but no better than Tuscan IMHO) a little bit stuffy, less relaxed

3) QSINE - but you MUST go in a large group for relaxed, fun, slow dining with lots of choice. We did it as a two person reservation also and it was just way too much food, too quickly.

Never been to Lawn Club.

Archived