purchasing next cruise certificate once home

socialsea

We just returned from FOS on February 3 and enjoyed the cruise very, very much. As time does, on a cruise, it just flew by, and we didn't get around to purchasing a next cruise certificate. I thought I read on CC that you could still buy one once you got home??? If that is true, how do I go about it?? Call RCCL or my travel agent I use?? How long after the cruise do you have to do this?

Also,which is the best type of certificate to buy? An open booking, with no set date or ship, or a future cruise certificate? Please, any advice is greatly appreciated. Would really like to take advantage of this, if I can and if I still have time.

P.S. If you are platinum or above , you can get a balcony discount and / or a savings certificate online..You can combine a balcony discount with a next cruise certificate OR a savings cert. The savings certificate is a little more discount than the NCC, but not always available for every sailing.

Call RCI. We have been able to once get a on board booking bonus since we did the booking within 7 days of arrival back.

The worst they can say is no, so it's a good reason to try.

edit- which one doesn't matter- they give you the same on board booking credit. Not sure which one they will allow once off the ship- we just happened to book a cruise just after we got home, and we got the credit.

Bob, I believe that they have discontinued the ability to create a NC after returning home.

Wow, must have been a recent change. I just talked with C&A about a month ago and they said there was a grace period. Of course, we all know that if I had called back and talked with someone else, I would have gotten a different story. Thanks for the update.

Wow, must have been a recent change. I just talked with C&A about a month ago and they said there was a grace period. Of course, we all know that if I had called back and talked with someone else, I would have gotten a different story. Thanks for the update.

Like everything else, it depends on who you talk to, on what day of the week and at what time.:D

I may work in the dept. that handles these and here is what the rule is. Technically NC bookings are only supposed to be done on the ship. However, we know that Loyalty Ambassadors are very busy and sometimes,es there just isn't enough time in the day to work with them to get it done onboard. If you call CAS within 7 days of the end of your cruise and tell the agent that you just couldn't get an appointment they should be able to do this for you. They may have to call a supervisor just to make sure, but is possible. Also Next Cruises are not coupons or certificates, they are actual bookings that get an OBC attached to them. There are 2 types of NC booking. 1. Decide Now booking...this is when you decide on a date right away. 2. Decide Later booking...this is an open booking with no expiration date, use tis booking to convert to an actual date, once a date is chosen the OBC is added overnight.

I may work in the dept. that handles these and here is what the rule is. Technically NC bookings are only supposed to be done on the ship. However, we know that Loyalty Ambassadors are very busy and sometimes,es there just isn't enough time in the day to work with them to get it done onboard. If you call CAS within 7 days of the end of your cruise and tell the agent that you just couldn't get an appointment they should be able to do this for you. They may have to call a supervisor just to make sure, but is possible. Also Next Cruises are not coupons or certificates, they are actual bookings that get an OBC attached to them. There are 2 types of NC booking. 1. Decide Now booking...this is when you decide on a date right away. 2. Decide Later booking...this is an open booking with no expiration date, use tis booking to convert to an actual date, once a date is chosen the OBC is added overnight.

This is exactly what I was told about a month ago.

And if you do talk to an ambassador on board he/she will tell you it is ok to book multiple, decide later bookings, trust me it works:D

Bob, I believe that they have discontinued the ability to create a NC after returning home.

I was told they no longer do this either. They have the papers you can fill out and hand in without an appointment. They only did that because many couldn't get an appointment to book a NC while on board. It would be nice if you could get them once you are home again.

Gwen :)

I've never taken advantage of these, but cruising in April. Can I please check how much the savings for and how much do you have to pay there and then to secure the booking?

Tbanks in advance :-)

There is no cruise discount, just reduced deposit and onboard credit. You have to pay $100 per person for the Next Cruise certificate, and you only need to put one person's name on the certificate.

OBC From Booking On Board:

$25 for sailings of 3-5 nights

$100 for sailings of 6-9 nights

$150 for sailings of 10-14 nights

$200 for sailings of 15+ nights

On a "Decide Now" booking is the deposit still $100 per person? I'm guessing if you are choosing a destination and date you'd need to put all names on the booking. Same $100 deposit for kids? Are there restrictions for changing or canceling that "Decide Now" booking?

On a "Decide Now" booking is the deposit still $100 per person? I'm guessing if you are choosing a destination and date you'd need to put all names on the booking. Same $100 deposit for kids? Are there restrictions for changing or canceling that "Decide Now" booking?

Yes, a "Decide Now" booking requires a $100 per person deposit for staterooms other than full suites. Full suites (GS or higher) must pay the normal deposit. While you don't have to put all names on the booking, you take the chance that if you wait too long to add the names, the ship may get too full to add them later. No restrictions for changing the booking, and full refund if cancelled before final payment date.

• 1 month later...

They did it for me after our Mariner Cruise in January....had to go through a supervisor who said hey were making an exception to the rule and it was being noted in my file and they would not be dong this for me again....Geesh! Won't forget to visit the LA ever again!

Bonnie

I don't know how many people realize that to purchase a NCC all you have to do is fill out the form and hand it to the LA, even if they are working with someone else, they will take it and email you later. So, even if there are no appts available with the LA and it's crazy busy like our EX cruise a couple of weeks ago, you can still get a NCC. That's what we did and we got the email a day or so later. We watched others do the same thing. A lot of the time the LA's spend with some people is just sitting there waiting for them to make decisions so it's not like you're really interrupting them. In fact, the LA, looked up and reached for the form when she saw us standing about 6 feet away, so we certainly didn't intrude on them. The forms were sitting out on top of the ship display cases on both sides of the area.

I may work in the dept. that handles these and here is what the rule is.

What do you mean that you MAY work in the department that handles these? Does that mean that you also may NOT work in that department?

What do you mean that you MAY work in the department that handles these? Does that mean that you also may NOT work in that department?

It means they are not allowed to say that they work there on CC, so they cover it with open to interpretation language.

I have just rung and was told no even though we only left ship last Sunday :(

I'd say try calling another time, ask for a supervisor. You can get very different answers and outcomes with RCI phone customer service depending on who you end up talking to.

Archived