Allure of the Seas in Port Everglades

Smith0154

I noticed last night on Marine Traffic.com that the Allure of the Seas was heading back towards Florida. This morning I see she is in port all tied up. Anyone hear what is going on and why she is in port earlier than scheduled?

Smitty

Chick-fil-A chartered the ship for 4 nights. A special 3 night cruise was sold to anyone who wanted to go. On Sunday Allure will be back on regular schedule. How do I know? I'm on both the 3 night & the 7 night cruise. At the Renaissance in Plantation now. We'll be heading to the ship later. We can hardly wait - 10 nights on Allure!

Nothing wrong with boat. Chick Fil A charted it for their yearly seminar. Sunday - Thursday

Looks like they have a packed boat, but you could tell on the sailaway it was a charter, no banners, people didn't know the good places to be or where the webcam was ;) It looked like a bunch of happy clueless people.

No only did RC make a lot of money on this (assumption) they must have saved a small fortune in fuel this week. I did in this entire 7 days they are going to Nassau twice and that is it. I didn't check, but perhaps they just stayed parked somewhere for 3 days?

Good to know that our loyal RCCL group is on top of it. I can only imagine what that seminar cost the company. Glad to see someone is doing well in this economy!!!!! :D

Smitty

Chik-Fil-A....LOVE Chik-Fil-A! Maybe they'll get inspired and put a Chik-Fil-A on the new ships! Wonder if Sweet Tea was available?

As for "profitability," A kid I coached a number of years ago worked in high school and college for Chik-Fil-A. Got a franchise at 27 years old. A few years later he built an $800,000 home. Yup.... they're profitable!

Several threads on this already. Allure is returning from a 4 day charter, with the Chick-fil-A group. It's doing a 3 day cruise starting today.

That's funny, when we boarded it last June, there were Chick Fil A suits touring the ship while in port. Must have been checking it out back then.

Archived