Cruise and I have no luggage!

cruz chic

Lorekauf should think about going to the airport and claiming it right off the carousel.

She would have time assuming traffic is not out of the ordinary.

She should check in first so there is no problem about her getting to the terminal too late to check in but as long as she is there 30 minutes before sailing, she'll be okay.

She might be late for life boat drill and will have to work out that problem but I'm sure she can.

I wonder if misplaced luggage like hers will be placed on the carousel with the plane's passengers' luggage.

They explained to us when our luggage was misplaced that it would come off the plane and be put on a seperate cart. From there it would go directly to the lost luggage office to be claimed. (Just off the carrosel area for luggage)

Since we had checked in with that office earlier in the day and explained the situation, they gave our luggage to the Princess rep that was picking up passengers and she brought it to the ship for us.

Lorekauf should think about going to the airport and claiming it right off the carousel.

If she hasn't arranged that in advance it might not be a good idea, since the airline won't be expecting the passenger to be there to pick up the bags, and probably has already arranged to load the bags on a truck and take them directly to the ship.

Hope they get there in time! Not a relaxing way to start a vacation.

Good points.

I would imagine that has been worked out between her and the airline but I would be so eager to scoop up the suitcase(s), I would have little faith the airline would be rushing to deliver it prior to the ship sailing.

I'm of the thinking to do it myself if I want to be sure it's done. :eek: :o

She should check in first so there is no problem about her getting to the terminal too late to check in but as long as she is there 30 minutes before sailing, she'll be okay.

She might be late for life boat drill and will have to work out that problem but I'm sure she can.

Lorene does not have time to go to the airport.

The flight with her luggage arrives at 2:30.

The ship is scheduled to leave at 4 PM. That means life boat drill is at 3:15.

They said the flight is arriving about 12 minutes early.

She might be able to work out about lifeboat drill........ Obviously it cannot be ignored!!!!!

Who knows but that InterCruises (the company that now does Port Everglades shore ops for HAL) might be sending a runner to get luggage ?? Former shore ops who worked Port Everglades had been known to do that.

Lorene -- if she decided to go to the airport -- I hope not as she may miss the ship -- may be able to claim her luggage or it may be pulled right at the plane and put on a truck to be taken to the ship.

This happened to some people for a cruise we were taking out of San Diego.

Yes, others have made that comment in posts just above.

One of the first times my husband was flying to California for work (years ago), he joked, "watch, my bag will probably go to Hawaii!". Yup, his bag had a little Hawaiian vacation without him. He did get it the next day.

She should have her bags by now (I hope!)

Just an update, my luggage did NOT make it. I ended up going to Walmart and getting a couple pairs of pants, an outfit that will do for forml night and some undies and a couple of shirts. I have no faith that my luggage will catch up with me. United has been just useless. If I'm smart I'll never book thru them again. HAL has been amazing and that's why I love sailing with them.

Just an update, my luggage did NOT make it. I ended up going to Walmart and getting a couple pairs of pants, an outfit that will do for forml night and some undies and a couple of shirts. I have no faith that my luggage will catch up with me. United has been just useless. If I'm smart I'll never book thru them again. HAL has been amazing and that's why I love sailing with them.

I am so sorry. I have been willing that luggage to arrive all day. Have they said they will send it to your first port?

I am so sorry to hear that. Had my fingers crossed and prayed to the luggage gods that it would get there in time. Perhaps it will catch up with you in St. Maarten.

We just got off the ship on Feb. 8. Go to see Lucy and Annie the Guest Services Managers, and see if they can help you in some way.

Terri

I'm so sorry, Lorene, although glad you have something to wear now.

Thanks for letting us know. And have a good time anyway! I know you carried on your sense of humour! (<-----note the spelling)

Very kind of you Ruth with the Canadian spelling. I noticed it right away and know Lorene will. :D:D

Sorry to read your luggage didn't make it. However, you may, just may get a knock on your door before you retire & surprise! Sure hope so. Regardless have a great cruise in your Walmart duds. :):D:)

I'm so sorry the luggage didn't make it. We all hoped so much you'd be lucky.

Good you picked up some things and can manage.

Hope you have a great time, enjoy the warm sun and relax despite this disappointment.

Sail safely and enjoy. :)

Thank you Lorene for checking in and let us know about this sad and terrible situation with luggage.

Try and have a great cruise.

Archived