Regal Princess

NaplesKnitter

I posted the most up to date picture of Regal Princess in the 'Everything ROYAL PRINCESS' thread. Here is a link to the post:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=37071178&postcount=538

She still has a long way to go, but since she is to debut in the Sping of 2014

I would suspect her itineraries will be released by this April.

Perhaps Princess is keeping quiet about her because they're going to "fix" some of the things that were not well received about the Royal . . . or at least ensure that the deck plans match reality before they start selling cabins. I guess it's too much to hope for that they'll add a wrap-around promenade deck with loungers, too, but a girl can dream . . .

Perhaps Princess is keeping quiet about her because they're going to "fix" some of the things that were not well received about the Royal . . . or at least ensure that the deck plans match reality before they start selling cabins. I guess it's too much to hope for that they'll add a wrap-around promenade deck with loungers, too, but a girl can dream . . .

Regal Princess will in all likelyhood be an exact duplicate of her sister, with the exception being minor differences in the interior decor and soft furnishings. In the picture posted (referencing the link) you can see lifeboat davits already in place. Then lifeboat placement on this class of ship is what prevents it from having a wrap around promenade.

Hi There

Expect Princess will keep quite until Royal up and running, OK there are sisters, but if layout of bars or that does not work not much they can do

at this late stage, might be able to change table layouts etc,

to

the third ship of this class is going to P&O and does have a different layout.

yours Shogun

Hi There

Expect Princess will keep quite until Royal up and running, OK there are sisters, but if layout of bars or that does not work not much they can do

at this late stage, might be able to change table layouts etc,

to

the third ship of this class is going to P&O and does have a different layout.

yours Shogun

I bet there is still quite a bit they can change around. Not major layout, but they can change restaurants or repurpose space if it is not well received on the Royal Princess. Especially when it comes to the new restaurants that they are creating. that is what Royal Caribbean did between the Oasis and the Allure. The Seafood shack and the Donut shop were not well received so they changed them to Ritas and to the Boardwalk Dog House which more well liked.

When does the new P&O.Liner come? 2014 or 15? :confused:

The steel work has already started on the P&O new build but they won't actually start construction until after Regal Princess is floated out which should be sometime this summer.

Here's a news article from 2011:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/article-1393442/New-cruise-ship-P-O-build-340m-liner-biggest-cruise-ship-British-market.html

Steel cutting

http://www.pocruises.com/press-release.aspx?LinkId=103103

Previous picture posted dated Jan. 23, 2013

8492089020_649ceab409_b.jpg

(pazzi il per mare)

New picture of Regal Princess dated today, Feb. 20, 2013 (taken pre-sunrise). Looks like the back part of the ship is built up to Lido Deck (Deck 16) while the amidship area is still only up to Caribe Deck (Deck 10). Forward superstructure and bow still not attached.

8490976137_3d51f67a75_b.jpg

(pazzi il per mare)

Great pictures, 1959 -thanks. Princess should hire you as its PR director. Hard to believe that it has put out so little about a ship presumably little more than a year away from launch, especially given its lack of new ships compared to other lines. I wonder how Princess expects its customers to make 2014 reservations on a ship no one knows about.

Funny but they did the same thing with the Royal and the Transatlantic was sold out within a couple of weeks after the cabins went on sale and has been sold out. The Regal is going to be the sister ship of the Royal so unless something has changed the Regal should be exactly the same. Princess did do some design changes, after the fact, on some of the staterooms on the Royal. There is now quite a bit out about the Royal.

Thanks for the updated construction photos of the Regal!

You're welcome! Have to do something until Princess spoon feeds us more details on Royal Princess. ;)

Great pictures, 1959 -thanks. Princess should hire you as its PR director. Hard to believe that it has put out so little about a ship presumably little more than a year away from launch, especially given its lack of new ships compared to other lines. I wonder how Princess expects its customers to make 2014 reservations on a ship no one knows about.

I've been saying the same thing! :D

Was just reading on anther web site her launch is now scheduled for March 30th.

If indeed Regal Princess is launched (and floated out) on or after March 30th, that would put it at the 60 day window of Royal Princess leaving the shipyard.

At that point the float out of the new ship may be a simple press release with a picture or two, or a new set of pictures on Flickr of the new madrina posing with the chosen perspective captain. Hopefully by time we get to the Regal Princess float out Princess Cruises will have already kick started their new PR campaign into high gear for the new flagship.

It's been since late-August 2012 since Royal Princess left the building dock and was moved alongside the outfitting pier. And I imagine we still have about 10-12 weeks before she starts sea trials. Once Regal Princess is floated out I imagine we will go back into 'lock down' on any new information on her (other than deck plans) until the end of the year after Royal Princess finishes off her season in the Mediterranean, makes a grand arrival on US shores, and has already begun her Caribbean runs in November.

I am also interested in when booking for the Regal Princess will start. If the Royal Princess is any indication, it should be in the next few weeks. We are booked on the inaugural cruise in June, but may have to cancel because of the US government furloughs. While the cruise is paid for, I am not real comfortable with taking a month off with the job uncertainty and may look at rolling it over to the Regal.

Archived