International sales warning gone??

bazzaw

A certain well known US TA used to have a warning that said they were not allowed to sell to people not in the US for certain cruiselines -- that warning seems to have gone.

or am I going blind??

Barry

A certain well known US TA used to have a warning that said they were not allowed to sell to people not in the US for certain cruiselines -- that warning seems to have gone.

or am I going blind??

Barry

G'day Barry, I could not see that warning either, however 'They' will E mail you a list of Cruise Lines whose cruises 'they' cannot sell to non U.S., Canadian or Mexican citizens.

This TA has been discussed in another travel forum. Although the information for international bookings is not on the website any more, people have reported that the company does not sell the "banned" cruise lines to non-US residents and sends an email message to that effect and listing the names of those cruise lines. Another well known one has an even longer list than used to be on the first one's site, including Celebrity and Azamara now.

This TA has been discussed in another travel forum. Although the information for international bookings is not on the website any more, people have reported that the company does not sell the "banned" cruise lines to non-US residents and sends an email message to that effect and listing the names of those cruise lines. Another well known one has an even longer list than used to be on the first one's site, including Celebrity and Azamara now.

I wonder why the list of cruise lines which ban purchase of cruises by non US/Canadian residents has been removed.

Surely, it is not because of coercion from the cruise lines.

Next time someone tries to make a booking with one of these overseas TAs maybe they could list the cruise lines here.

? -

Celebrity

Azamara

Princess

HAL

The only way we can encourage them to change their discriminatory policies is to shame them and not book cruises with them. Fortunately, there are other overseas cruise lines which are more than happy to take direct bookings for overseas cruises.

Oh, that is bad news if Celebrity is on the banned list now, as I have booked with them the last two times and had couple of price drops and an early saver fare.

So, disappointing because want to go in future on the Sydney to Auckland Solstice cruise.

BTW, Bazzaw Had noticed that the TA was not showing the sign for overseas visitors anymore.

This was the list posted on TA.

Unfortunately, Costa Cruises, Cunard Line, Holland America Line, MSC Cruises, Oceania Cruises, Princess Cruises and Star Clippers do not currently allow US companies to sell cruises to residents of countries other than the US and Canada--we can help you with every other line.

Oh, that is bad news if Celebrity is on the banned list now, as I have booked with them the last two times and had couple of price drops and an early saver fare.

So, disappointing because want to go in future on the Sydney to Auckland Solstice cruise.

BTW, Bazzaw Had noticed that the TA was not showing the sign for overseas visitors anymore.

My guess would be that, if you are already an existing client of a US TA, you can continue to use your US TA.

This was the list posted on TA.

Unfortunately, Costa Cruises, Cunard Line, Holland America Line, MSC Cruises, Oceania Cruises, Princess Cruises and Star Clippers do not currently allow US companies to sell cruises to residents of countries other than the US and Canada--we can help you with every other line.

Good news that RCL and Celebrity aren't on the list. Carnaval wasn't ever on the list, to my knowledge. :)

My guess would be that, if you are already an existing client of a US TA, you can continue to use your US TA.

That is what I have heard in relation to Princess but not sure about the others. I also know of a poster who was able to book P from a European TA with no problems. I was surprised to see the information missing on the web page of the well known TA but then concerned to see a much longer list on a different site.

Luckily I have a history with a large US TA. I am still able to book Princess with them, and just recently had a booking with Royal Caribbean which I cancelled when price in Australia was cheaper (with full refund). I also have a booking for 2014 with Celebrity which I had no problem with. A saving on that one of around $300.

I think the word "history" is important in my experience. I have been booking with my US TA for around 8 to 10 years.......

Archived