Cruise Documents

warmwinds

I miss the old days when they would send you a nice spiral-bound booklet with everything you needed to know. Just got the notification that our cruise documents are ready, but after looking at the umpteen pages there is nothing that is not in the brochure, or on-line, or that you don't already know either through past experience or common sense.

I did print out ONE page that had phone numbers, in case you got into trouble "someplace", but other than that...nothing.

Is there something I missed that I really must print?

I also enjoyed receiving a hard copy of the cruise documents -- just made the upcoming cruise more "real."

When we receive our e-docs we download them onto our travel I-pads. Just something that we easily can do, so do it. We've never needed to look at the port directions, so not really sure why we do it, but we do.

Actually, you don't need to take anything with you to the pier....if you don't have luggage tags, they will put them on for you at the dock (they have a list of names and cabins if you don't know where you are going). If you don't have your express pass, they have that on computer and can check you in without it. It happens all the time...things get lost on the way to the pier.

However, it is easier to get the luggage tags and bring the express pass....saves a few minutes.

Actually, you don't need to take anything with you to the pier....if you don't have luggage tags, they will put them on for you at the dock (they have a list of names and cabins if you don't know where you are going). If you don't have your express pass, they have that on computer and can check you in without it. It happens all the time...things get lost on the way to the pier.

However, it is easier to get the luggage tags and bring the express pass....saves a few minutes.

It is not always true about not having to have anything at the pier. Some ports require to see cruise documents and a ID to enter the port if driving in. Also make sure that the porter puts the correct cabin number on the tags if you don't have any. There was another thread about someone that didn't receive their luggage because the porter put the wrong numbers on the luggage.

It only takes a second to glance at the luggage tag to be sure the cabin number is correct, just like checking your luggage tag at the airport to make sure your bag has been tagged to the correct destination.

If you prefer, you can fill out the tags at the pier yourself, or a porter will do it for you.

I noticed that the pre-tagged bags and the bags tagged at the pier all get loaded on the same luggage cart.

Archived