change in DSC??

nursemommy7578

i've just logged on to prepay my DSC...but its not $12.00 per day...its now $13.50!!

when did this happen?

Are you saying that when you go onto MyNCL the web page indicates $13.50 per day

OR

Have you done your own math to come up with the $13.50?

I notice you are on a 9 day cruise. If you mistakenly do the math using 8 days for your total DSC charge, you might think it was $13.50 instead of the correct figure of $12 per day.

Just asking.

Add Prepaid Service Charges

Why is there a service charge? Service Charges: We are confident that you will enjoy your Freestyle Cruising experience and that our entire crew will provide you with the standard of service for which we are known. A $ 13.50 discretionary service charge will be automatically added per guest per day (for guests three years and older) to your shipboard account for all staterooms. This charge will be shared among those staff members, including the restaurant staff, stateroom stewards and other behind-the-scenes staff who provide services that enhance your overall cruise experience. If you have any concerns about the service you receive during your cruise, please let our Guest Services Desk staff know right away so we can address any issues in a timely manner.

The convenience of pre-paying service charges allows you to plan your budget prior to your cruise giving you additional freedom while on board. A discretionary charge of $ 13.50 per person per day for all guests 3 years or older will automatically be added to your onboard account. Your service charges will total $ 216.00 for all guests, for your entire cruise.

ok...so I just did the math and it is $12.00...but as highlighted in red, it says $13.50. weird!

i've just logged on to prepay my DSC...but its not $12.00 per day...its now $13.50!!

when did this happen?

It's still $12. I see you're on a 9 night cruise, so your DSC should be 9x12= 108 per person. If you mistakenly assumed you were on an 8 night cruise, you would think the DSC was $13.50 because 108/8 = 13.50.

Edit: I see where you got the $13.50 from, but who provided that information?

Add Prepaid Service Charges Why is there a service charge?

The convenience of pre-paying service charges allows you to plan your budget prior to your cruise giving you additional freedom while on board. A discretionary charge of $ 12.00 per person per day for all guests 3 years or older will automatically be added to your onboard account. Your service charges will total $ 864.00 for all guests, for your entire cruise.

I noticed it last week right after I booked for next year. When I went to prepay service charges is was $14/day/person over 3. Now when I look that option is temporarily unavailable. Of course it wasn't until AFTER I booked that I saw the price had gone up. It amounts to $56 more for the trip which is just that much less I will be spending doing other things on board. So either way, they get the money....

Did anybody else notice the the OP is from Canada - could it be the difference between the us dollar and the can dollar???

I do exchange rates as part of my work, and the two are running about equal right now, so they wouldn't be able to justify that.

DML

ha. I just logged in again and my cruise is listed as an 8 day...but its not! lol Gem on March 4th back on the 13th. NCL has a boo boo!

so strange! lol

The same thing happened to my booking. MyNCL says it's a 6 day cruise, when it's actually a 7 day, and it told me DSC was $14 instead of $12. But of course 6 x 14 and 7 x 12 equals the same thing. Just something screwy in the system.

Archived