Cruise preparation following the Carnival Triumph....

pinnaclegirl

We've always brought flashlights/penlights and batteries and will continue to.

In addition, it's been my habit to pack an extra week or 10 days worth of Rx meds, Duct tape (and Yes, we have had uses for it :) ), ziploc bags, zip ties, travel sewing kit, wipe its, battery travel clock, jar of peanut butter and some crackers.

Ditto! I bring all those too, except I bring the peanut butter cracker sandwiches (like Lance brand) instead of the jarred PB and crackers, and a small medical/dental emergency kit.

An extra bottle of booze for the room! If I have to I could use it as a disenfectant :eek: it is alchol after all! Or I could drink it and be oblivious to everything :) Honestly though, we do bring an extra 3 days of meds when we travel, but now we will bring more of that.

I'll make sure to keep the fruit bowl in the cabin full! And, the stocked fridge items/water might finally come in handy. :)

Other items we already bring are: flashlight and AA batteries for it, battery operated candles, extra week of meds, Lance peanut butter crackers, antibacterial wipes.

And, I usually bring a battery operated fan that can also be plugged in. I always plug it in and not use batteries with it, but now I will bring a supply of D batteries.

That made me wonder whether or not the Triumph charged passengers for raiding their minibars? Just curious...anybody know?

everybody walked off with a clean account - no charges.:D Interesting on the Carnival board - some of those who were on are posting - they are nearly as upset as those that were not on are - ironic isn't it? i think the crew saved the day, as they always do;)

everybody walked off with a clean account - no charges.:D Interesting on the Carnival board - some of those who were on are posting - they are nearly as upset as those that were not on are - ironic isn't it? i think the crew saved the day, as they always do;)

Yes, of course they did. I remember now that just about everything ended up gratis. Thanks for reminding me...and yes, it's nice to see staff and crew get recognition for doing a stellar job in harsh circumstances.

An extra bottle of booze for the room! If I have to I could use it as a disenfectant :eek: it is alchol after all! Or I could drink it and be oblivious to everything :) Honestly though, we do bring an extra 3 days of meds when we travel, but now we will bring more of that.

yes we always have plenty of booze and I always keep small flashlight with extra batteries, and a few days extra medicine, luckly we have never needed flashlight and extra medicine, booze is another story, should get insurance also

LOL. Reading the new packing lists with garbage bags, ziplock potty bags, surgical masks, air freshener, etc makes one wonder if there aren't land vacations that are more attractive than cruising now. :eek:

Having read through this thread, I wonder the same thing....hardly seems worthwhile if one has to take all those precautions.....

Archived