Best Luggage ID for ease of locating at disembarkation

reloopag

Although my husband and I have cruised several times, we're always looking for creative ways to help identify luggage at the disembarkation port. It seems like everybody has black luggage - as do we - and we're looking for a great way to spot our bags quickly! Any ideas/suggestions would be greatly appreciated! :)

Although my husband and I have cruised several times, we're always looking for creative ways to help identify luggage at the disembarkation port. It seems like everybody has black luggage - as do we - and we're looking for a great way to spot our bags quickly! Any ideas/suggestions would be greatly appreciated! :)

We use bright luggage straps personalized with our last name, similar to these: http://www.currentcatalog.com/081152.html

Having luggage that was unique color saved the day on one cruise. When we got to the luggage area my luggage was not in the designated section. If you don't know there are many sections that luggage can be in. I have amber color luggage so as I scoured the other sections it didn't take to long to spot it. My luggage tag from the cruise ship that had the section it was supposed to be at got ripped off so someone just dropped it off.

Shak

Gosh, I've seen everything! Yarn pom poms, ribbons, duct tape, straps, bandannas tied to the handle, spray paint, etc. We used a colorful strap once and it never made it to the end of the first leg. :rolleyes:

We've lost colored luggage straps before too. Last year, when we went shopping for new luggage, we purposefully stayed away from black. I bought red luggage, and my DW bought purple. Although some people do have red luggage, it's not as common as black. In addition to the luggage, we bought some large brightly colored luggage tags (there is a large variety to choose from on Amazon). Our bags are very easy to find, on the conveyor belt at the airport, and at the cruise terminal. One suggestion: When you put luggage tags on your suitcases, don't use the thin little chains that are typically supplied. They break too easily. Use either split key rings or zip ties for your tags.

At a recent business conference my wife attended they were giving out neon green neoprene handle wraps. The go around your suitcase handle and secure with Velcro. You could spot them at 100 yards away. They'll work until everyone starts using them.

We have bluish/purple luggage. Then have purchased bright patterned handle covers and a decorative strap.

My parents used yarn pom poms attached to a handle.

I tried decorative duct tape, but it didn't stay on the luggage as mine was textured fabric. The hard side luggage it should work well. You can find all kinds of colors and patterns at Michaels Craft Store.

There are also luggage covers.

http://www.coverlugg.com/home.php

When we bought our luggage we purposely bought red rolling duffels - they are easy to spot on the airport carousel and in the disembarkation area.

Unfortunately the airline ripped open one on our last flight and would not replace a Delsey for a Delsey so we now have a dark grey one. I've been looking for ideas and yesterday found the local DIY store selling UK flag duck tape for half price - problem solved.

When we bought our luggage we purposely bought red rolling duffels - they are easy to spot on the airport carousel and in the disembarkation area.

Unfortunately the airline ripped open one on our last flight and would not replace a Delsey for a Delsey so we now have a dark grey one. I've been looking for ideas and yesterday found the local DIY store selling UK flag duck tape for half price - problem solved.

There are some travelers' insurance policies that will cover the cost of replacing lost/damaged luggage. Just something to keep in mind for your next trip.:)

Pack light and roll it off with you. Problem solved. :)

If you don't want to do that, consider investing in some brightly colored, personalized luggage straps or handle wraps. There is a SW FA who has a cottage business making them, Google it.

Just a large symbol in contrasting tape on each side works for us: a big "X", or a square or triangle will be much more visible that anything on the handle. As important as having something you can see from a distance is having something that other people will immediately recognize as not being theirs.

Using decals...Colored duct tape...An American flag glued to the side... painted dots all over the luggage. I have seen all of these methods. Getting off the ship last also works because there is very little luggage left.

~Doris~

I would not advertise being an American in some countries. I've been known to use a luggage tag with a maple leaf on it...

One one bag I have tied some orange rope(kind of like a nylyon rope that I found in sporting goods) around one of the handles and on another we have a pink bandana ( that came on the dog from the groomer) and have that tied on a handle both stand out great and arent in the way

I have painted on the side of our 2 cloth suitcases with. Something that stands out ..... flowers, stars, trees. There is something on the front too, but can generally see easier if it's painted on side as it comes around at the airports.

I have painted on the side of our 2 cloth suitcases with. Something that stands out ..... flowers, stars, trees. There is something on the front too, but can generally see easier if it's painted on side as it comes around at the airports.

Sis outlined her hands with fabric paint and wrote "NOT YOURS" all over it.

Duck tape now comes in a variety of different bright fluorescent colors.

I'm going to pick some up today for my flight next week. My flight 2 weeks ago, I stood at the carousel for at least 20 minutes and my black luggage never came through. I ended up asking someone who worked there and it turns out they had pulled some of the luggage (but not all) off the carousel and lined them up against the wall. I had seen them, but only glanced at them assuming they were unclaimed or something. If my bag would have had some fluorescent tape, I would have spotted it right off and not wasted so much time.

Don't forget to put some sort of a marker on the bottom of your luggage as well as the sides (all 4 sides) and the handle side. More than a few times, the first I saw of my checked bag was the bottom edge.

After loosing luggage straps and luggage wraps to airport luggage machines, I've settled back to using duct tape and spray paint. Loud colors.

Also one very large number other than a 1.

Before I check my bag, I take a photo (or several) of it with my iPhone. Showing an iPhone photo of your bag can help others to find it if it goes missing.

I found some luggage tags the military uses. They are made from car seatbelt webbing and come in a variety of colors. We bought some light blue ones (Army Infantry to honor our son) and ordered sew on name tapes from the Army in digital camo. Easy to see, read our last name and nobody mistakes our bags for theirs.

Archived