Not so "live" Review from the RSVP Charter of Eurodam 2.9.13

bradpole

Remember that well Sail. We were late in embarking.

I am told by a HAL officer that anchor is still laying there. They don't want to spend the money to salvage it.

We ate your lunch that day. :)

They put out the full Lido lunch that was planned for your group but seeing it was getting onto hungrey time before we got back to FLL.....they fed us again!!! :)

I'm pretty sure Eurodam picked up the anchor the next week during her call at HMC. They, of course, marked the coordinates for exact location and they pulled it back aboard. Those anchors are too pricey to abandon if not absolutely necessary.

Bradpole.......

THANK YOU SO MUCH for one of the best reviews we've ever read here on CC and in all these years, I've read a ton. :D

You did an amazing job and gave so many of us so much enjoyment.

Great, GREAT, Great.... :) !!!

Loved your review! And your photos. As has been said, thank you so much for taking the time to share. If there was someone who didn't find something on this charter to have a blast doing, I'll trade places with them myself next year (well, except maybe for Ms. Fisher. ;)) I can't imagine not having a terrific time. :) Again, thanks Brad.

An absolutely fabulous review ... But it sounds like you'll need a vacation after a vacation , so much to do and so little time!!!

I am glad you highlighted your Tamarind experiences . I have booked 3 nights there and one at the Pinnacle Grille for our Eurodam cruise. As soon as I get on board , am going to make lunch reservations too. The food looks incredible!

At the end of our Eurodam cruise , we are disembarking in Amsterdam . We arr spending 3 days there and our stay coincides with Gay Pride week and the famous Gay Pride Canal Parade. Maybe Gert will be there and the church ladies....I have been watching videos of the parade and it looks amazing!

Once again , the review was simply wonderful , thanks for sharing!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

WOW.

Thoroughly enjoyed your review.

Not only the wonderful content, but also your style - I felt like I was with you the whole way. The pics certainly helped in that I am sure!

Glad to hear about all the RSVP organisation. Looks like a fun way to cruise!

Look forward to your review (hopefully ;)) of the MSC Diva as you referred to it when it all happens next time!

Thanks again for all your time and effort and sharing your amazing experience!

:D:D:D

An absolutely fabulous review ... But it sounds like you'll need a vacation after a vacation , so much to do and so little time!!!

I am glad you highlighted your Tamarind experiences . I have booked 3 nights there and one at the Pinnacle Grille for our Eurodam cruise. As soon as I get on board , am going to make lunch reservations too. The food looks incredible!

At the end of our Eurodam cruise , we are disembarking in Amsterdam . We arr spending 3 days there and our stay coincides with Gay Pride week and the famous Gay Pride Canal Parade. Maybe Gert will be there and the church ladies....I have been watching videos of the parade and it looks amazing!

Once again , the review was simply wonderful , thanks for sharing!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

We certainly felt (and still do) like we needed a vacation from the vacation! For us the onboard the experience of the RSVP Charter is the reason we book, the ports truly are of little concern for the caribbean!

Lunch in Tamarind is simple, but tasty, and makes a nice change from the Lido.

The time you have planned in Amsterdam sounds amazing, enjoy!!!

We ate your lunch that day. :)

They put out the full Lido lunch that was planned for your group but seeing it was getting onto hungrey time before we got back to FLL.....they fed us again!!! :)

I'm pretty sure Eurodam picked up the anchor the next week during her call at HMC. They, of course, marked the coordinates for exact location and they pulled it back aboard. Those anchors are too pricey to abandon if not absolutely necessary.

You've got that right, very little chance they left that anchor there!

I found a blog entry in which Captain Albert talks about abandoning anchor as a last option and the replacement cost being in the millions (Starts in the third paragraph)

http://www.hollandamericablog.com/albert/?p=5263

WFor us the onboard the experience of the RSVP Charter is the reason we book, the ports truly are of little concern for the caribbean!

Some of us are interested in the ports too! :D I am always hoping we will get to new places to scuba dive ;) Yes, the RSVP experience does make us go back as well as seeing so many old friends, and making new friends.

You don't have to be gay to go ;)

... but, it helps!

(this 'Live From" is the best ever!!! I would hate to e the next CC Member to attempt a "Live From"... it would be like trying to follow Fred Astaire at a dance competition!!!!))

(this 'Live From" is the best ever!!! I would hate to e the next CC Member to attempt a "Live From"... it would be like trying to follow Fred Astaire at a dance competition!!!!))

Yeah, I was going to do a review of the cruise but after this, what more could I add?! :D

By all means, Peter,,,,,,,,,,

Please add yours.

I'd love to hear as many perspectives on the same cruise as people are willing to share.

We all see the same cruise in our different way and I'm sure we'd all enjoy reading about your experience...... PARTICULARLY because, as you just pointed out, we know you look for different things in your cruises. You just mentioned the ports are important to you.... Please share with us.

TIA... if you'll consider it.

... but, it helps!

Thank you for the kind words, but this thread is NOTHING compared to some of the excellent threads published by RADIO or Trainman-2 in the RCCL section or zydecocruiser in Carnival section!

Everyone has different experiences onboard! Did you do the Carnivale Parade Excursion?

Brad, we didn't do the RSVP cruise this year so I loved your timeline. We did the Carnival in Curaçao excursion 3 years ago and absolutely loved it. We talk about it with friends to this day. Thinking about the MSC Divina next year but we have been to all those ports. We are spoiled because we live in Chicago and have many opportunities to see Amy & Freddy, who are great!!!

Happy sailing,

Another Brad

A simply great review...pictures were awesome....and I think your writing puts it over the top....love Radio's reviews...will have to check out Trainman-2

Boytjie...looking forward to your review...different perspectives are always neat...

I do have a question...ladies who would go on this cruise...would they be friends...sisters...mom's...couples...just curious....

Again thanks for a fun review:):):)

I do have a question...ladies who would go on this cruise...would they be friends...sisters...mom's...couples...just curious....

All of the above. :)

Back in 2007 on our Alaska cruise we met a group of women: a lesbian couple and their lesbian friend who was sharing a cabin with the straight sister of one of the couple. After many RSVP cruises a friend of ours had his sister - and her partner - go on the RSVP cruise last year and they were back this year. One of his co-workers, a straight woman, joined them this year - and she had a blast. We have encountered a Jewish mom a few years ago that did not stop looking for a boyfriend for her son.

Back in 2007 on our Alaska cruise we met a group of women: a lesbian couple and their lesbian friend who was sharing a cabin with the straight sister of one of the couple. After many RSVP cruises a friend of ours had his sister - and her partner - go on the RSVP cruise last year and they were back this year. One of his co-workers, a straight woman, joined them this year - and she had a blast. We have encountered a Jewish mom a few years ago that did not stop looking for a boyfriend for her son.

Thanks!! thought that would be so...a variety of folks:):):) My husband once told me the most boring cruise we ever took was out of Charleston...he said he could stay at home and see a bunch of middle aged to old southerners just like us....he always wants some diversity on our cruises...that is one reason we love sailing out of different ports:) Galveston was the friendliest!

I believe I remember the lady you are referring to. It was a few years ago but wasn't her name Marylyn? I think she was having a better time on the cruise than some of the "guys" onboard!

IMG_2687.jpg?m=1361469263

This is what I mean we felt sorry for the crew who had to clean up from the party. The aft stairwell well a mess with all the feathers and glitter blowing off the costumes:

IMG_2690.jpg?m=1361469269

IMG_2689.jpg?m=1361469267

Later that morning, all the feathers were cleaned up, but the carpets still had a bit of sparkle in them that wasn’t there when we boarded!

Greetings Brad,

I usually pretty much only read threads which catch my eye and are fun

to read. This particular post is several pages back, but I couldn't resist

commenting on it.

I have been a Head Custodian at Elementary Schools, with the last

9 years being at a Middle School. When teachers had projects where

glitter was used, they would get apologetic. I never minded glitter,

because if it doesn't all come up with use of the vacuum cleaner; I

called it "sparkling clean" :D The glitter eventually comes up.

In closing, I would also like to say how much I have enjoyed reading

and viewing all the pictures on this post. Glad you had a wonderful time.

Donna :)

Archived